PDA

View Full Version : No Show...... AGAIN!!!!!

Ebs71
07-01-2009, 03:52 PM
This is the 5th time this has happened to me now, no one has ever turned up to see me, im beginning to think im doing something wrong??? the lady said 3-3.30, why cant they just ring out of curtosy (sp)????

feel really down now :angry: :mad: :(

rickysmiths
07-01-2009, 04:33 PM
Yes it is very disappointing but keep at it, you prob wouldnt want the ones that dont turn up any way.

I had a lot went I moved that came to see me spent an hour or hour and half
in my home and promised to call me and never did!!!! Some people are so rude.

Keep going the right families will come along.

I did a brochure about my business as part of my Herts Quality Assurance Acreditation that has helped I always send or deliver it to parents before the visit, this means I have to have their full contact details always try to get a landline no as well as mobile, if they are happy to give this info they nearly always turn up or at least phone if they are not coming. If you pm me your email I'd be happy to share the brochure with you.

Annie_T
07-01-2009, 05:33 PM
oh hun not nice x

miffy
07-01-2009, 05:36 PM
How annoying - that's so rude and inconsiderate

Console yourself with the thought you are probably better off without them. Hopefully some nicer parents will come along soon

Miffy xx

mummyroysof3
07-01-2009, 05:41 PM
hi, could i have a look at your brochure too please im trying to design one and it would be great to see if im doing it right

i agree that its very rude but maybe they would be like that after yo took them on to so it might be best they have shown what they are like sooner rather than later

charlotte x

balloon
07-01-2009, 06:13 PM
No idea if this would work for you or not, but in future could you perhaps get their phone number when they ring and then give them a courtesy call on the morning of the interview to remind them of their appointment? If they have no intention to come they may just say they've found somebody or something but at least you'd know...

angeldelight
07-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Oh that is so rude

In future I would also ask for their contact number

Keep your chin up im sure it will happen for you soon

Angel xx

Ebs71
07-01-2009, 06:44 PM
No idea if this would work for you or not, but in future could you perhaps get their phone number when they ring and then give them a courtesy call on the morning of the interview to remind them of their appointment? If they have no intention to come they may just say they've found somebody or something but at least you'd know...

I had her name and contact number and i thought of calling her or texting her this morning to check she was coming but i thought it might seem pushy?? Perhaps i should be in future. Thanks for the replies ladies :)

rickysmiths
07-01-2009, 06:58 PM
hi, could i have a look at your brochure too please im trying to design one and it would be great to see if im doing it right

i agree that its very rude but maybe they would be like that after yo took them on to so it might be best they have shown what they are like sooner rather than later

charlotte x

Sure if you pm me your email

marian
07-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I had her name and contact number and i thought of calling her or texting her this morning to check she was coming but i thought it might seem pushy?? Perhaps i should be in future. Thanks for the replies ladies :)

you could of course text her tonight to pretend you are concerned that she is okay - as you waited in and you had not heard from her.....:rolleyes:

Marian x

Bex1
07-01-2009, 08:23 PM
How rude. If I were you I would ring her and ask if everything is ok and if there was any problem.

Ebs71
07-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks for the advice ladies, i text the lady, she text me back immediatly, she had been caught up at work and forgot to call me and was apologetic and embarresed (sp) that i had waited in for her. I told her these things happen and to call me if she wanted to arrange another time, and she's coming tomorrow :jump for joy: ....... im so glad i text, so a really big thankyou to you ladies as i dont feel so nervous to text someone if it ever happens again :)

Chrissy B
08-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh brilliant! I hope she turns up :) fingers crossed for you.

FizzysFriends
08-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Thats good news. Hope she turns up this time.

angeldelight
08-01-2009, 11:53 AM
Oh that is great news

Hope she turns up this time

keep us posted good luck

Angel xx

jibberjitz
08-01-2009, 01:47 PM
grrrr - how frustrating for you!!!!

Liz

Ebs71
08-01-2009, 04:56 PM
have posted update on 'lady who made enquiry actually turned up' thread :)

Andrea08
08-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Yes it is very disappointing but keep at it, you prob wouldnt want the ones that dont turn up any way.

I had a lot went I moved that came to see me spent an hour or hour and half
in my home and promised to call me and never did!!!! Some people are so rude.

Keep going the right families will come along.

I did a brochure about my business as part of my Herts Quality Assurance Acreditation that has helped I always send or deliver it to parents before the visit, this means I have to have their full contact details always try to get a landline no as well as mobile, if they are happy to give this info they nearly always turn up or at least phone if they are not coming. If you pm me your email I'd be happy to share the brochure with you.

I agree and i sometimes ring parents the night b4 to confirm or the day of meeting and then i wont wait in longer than an hour with out ringing back and say sorry if your not on way i have to go out,,, (white lie) its happened to me too many times and i got fedup of staying in on a nice sunny day waiting for parents that dont ring or turn up. x