PDA

View Full Version : TV and Childminding

rickysmiths
07-01-2009, 02:03 PM
Letting out all the secrets but is anyone watching Doctors on BBC1? One of them needs childcare another suggests childminder good so far and then the one needing the care says 'I wouldnt know where to look' so she says wait for it ' Their must be plenty of students out there'!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think i'm going to ring NCMA press people.

Anyone else got any ideas?

sarah707
07-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I think we should all call / email the BBC and make a complaint...

Here's a form to fill in... I'm going to do it later :D

http://www.bbc.co.uk/complaints/complaints_stage1.shtml

rickysmiths
07-01-2009, 02:16 PM
Thanks Sarah I,ll def do the same

mabel
07-01-2009, 02:28 PM
that is so terrible, when was it on ??

we do everything to make this job professional it is sad when it is not recognised.

you would think even the actors would pick up on it or tv producers,script writers, soundmen, or someone in the studio, someone must organise childcare !

sue m
07-01-2009, 02:31 PM
Just done it, not very good at that sort of thing but made my point.

murphy61
07-01-2009, 02:35 PM
thanks for the link, i've done it.

Spangles
07-01-2009, 02:38 PM
I'm not going to complain as I didn't see it and it might just represent a future story line coming up or a characters lack of knowledge?

As I say, didn't see it so don't want to make comment to BBC - too many people did that re. Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross and I felt it was completely unnecessary - anyway, that's another story entirely!

Let us know what happens, it is very annoying!

rickysmiths
07-01-2009, 02:39 PM
Sarah I,ve just sent a complaint to BBC via the link you posted , how do you manage to post these links so fast?

I supose i'm very new to using the computer just go mine in Nov being part of all of this has definately revived my old rusty typing skills my computer xpert 14yr son has even been inpressed!!!

Thanks for all your support I'll keep you posted but I dont see it every day just once in a blue moon like today. I might record it though to see how this story line develops.

Sorry cannot see any similarity to this and Russel Brand/j. Ross affair.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 02:50 PM
Have filled it in too - thanks for the link Sarah and have signed it with my name and title of "Professional Childcarer"

anneriddington
07-01-2009, 03:08 PM
I saw it too and couldn't believe my ears:angry:

How can us professionals be taken seriously if this is the sort of attitude put out on the TV.

Have emailed BBC - definately another one of Auntie's Bloomers!:)

Heaven Scent
07-01-2009, 03:17 PM
I did see it and explained that I have no children to mind on Wednesdays and was therefore able to watch TV before they think that we minders are sitting watching TV all day when we are supposed to be working. I do record it every day as I started watching it when I was off work sick the other year and set it up on series link to record and I tend to watch it in the evenings. - That and Loose Women are my mid-day vices.

Spangles
07-01-2009, 06:07 PM
As I say, didn't see it so don't want to make comment to BBC - too many people did that re. Russell Brand/Jonathan Ross and I felt it was completely unnecessary - anyway, that's another story entirely!

I didn't say it was similar to it.

Tatia
07-01-2009, 06:11 PM
explained that I have no children to mind on Wednesdays and was therefore able to watch TV
:ROFL1:

Their big rebuttal to everyone else will be...how do YOU know what was on today?:laughing:

flora
07-01-2009, 06:39 PM
I saw this too.

I am glad I am not the only one who thought OMG :eek: :mad:

Geoge should know better as she used a childminder before Braken went to nursery :D

Will fill complaint form in too :thumbsup:

Heaven Scent
08-01-2009, 10:38 AM
Everyone else either had no children present at the moment due to programmes like this promoting the use of students for childcare or they recorded it and watched it later!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:idea: :idea: :idea:

Minstrel
08-01-2009, 04:55 PM
didnt he go for an au pair in the end?

Lottie
08-01-2009, 05:13 PM
Complaint sent :thumbsup: .

ajs
08-01-2009, 05:32 PM
i'll see if it's on i player and download it to watch when the lo goes but keep watching it would be good if they follow the story onto the rightful ending

RedDragon
08-01-2009, 05:34 PM
I have a bit of a thing about Peter Barlow (Coronation Street). When he was talking about organising Childcare I was shouting at the screen - "I'll do it Peter".

The kids (my own) we looking at me like :eek:

Didn't see programme.

rickysmiths
08-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Haven't seen today recorded it to look at when the mindees go at 6pm.

Trailer yesterday implied use of au pair, but why when the doctor used a childminder for her daughter bracken.

Should the BBC really be promoting cheap foreign untrained or regulated labour or will the plot develope to demonstrate his lack of wisdom?

Then again you would hope a GP would appricate the professoialism offered by a registered carer.

I guess its 'Watch this space'

rickysmiths
08-01-2009, 05:43 PM
I dont watch Corry I'm afraid.

Twinkles
08-01-2009, 06:36 PM
I hate all soaps ( yeah I know I'm weird ) but from what has been written here it sounds like a case of 'watch out Braken' they could be setting it up for something awful to happen to her.

singlewiththree
08-01-2009, 09:16 PM
I hate all soaps ( yeah I know I'm weird ) but from what has been written here it sounds like a case of 'watch out Braken' they could be setting it up for something awful to happen to her.

Me too I point blank refuse to watch soaps I have enough drama in my own life with an Ex-husband, 3 kids, doing a cleaning job, a bf who is hot on cold on whether he wants to play on his PS3 or try and be part of the family (sigh). My DD7 watches coronation street at her dads as his GF watches all the soaps and I'm really mean and dont let her watch it when she comes home. Instead tonight we caught up with Anne Franks Diary.