PDA

View Full Version : MIL offered to help

Buzz Lightyear
07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Once I am registered and once MIL returns from her four month holiday, she has said she would be happy to help me out with my minding if I need it. (Not sure I will but her offer has made me think a little more into things). She isn't a childminder but has had CRB checks done as she used to work at an after school club. In order for her to actually help me, do I need to register her as an assistent?

Will more up to date CRB's be needed or will she just be allowed to start helping me if and when I needed her to?

Not saying I will but it's just a thought really.

jellytot
07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
yes you will need to register her as an assistant, she will need a new crb and current first aid.

Buzz Lightyear
07-01-2009, 09:59 AM
Great! Thanks for that.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 10:13 AM
To register her as an assistant you will need to get or download the form from Ofsted (YR1 I think - used to be CM1). If her CRB was recent and done through Ofsted they may accept it but if not will tell you once they get the form.

First Aid is a must before any child could be left with an assistant but if you are on the premises, it wouldn't be required.

Permission from parents for leaving children as well.

Buzz Lightyear
07-01-2009, 10:22 AM
Thanks Debbie, that's really helpful! :thumbsup:

jellytot
07-01-2009, 10:23 AM
sorry Debbie is right first aid is not a requirment unless she is being left alone i just personally see it as a must for my own peace of mind.

sarah707
07-01-2009, 10:59 AM
sorry Debbie is right first aid is not a requirment unless she is being left alone i just personally see it as a must for my own peace of mind.

I would also want it in place... like you say, assistants cannot be left with children without it, so if you were eg going to the loo and there was an accident and the assistant wasn't trained... hmmm not good for insurance either I wouldn't think.

gemhei
17-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I would want them to have first aid training anyway you never know what could happen when an accident occurs.

You have to have a new CRB for every new posision you apply for, i have 3, one for childminding, one for school governor and one for after school club (which i dont do i only stood in for someone for 4 weeks). If shes working for free id go for it :p my mother wants paying for the chance to moan at me all day, not a chance lol.

Pauline
23-01-2009, 09:48 PM
It's the EY2 form you need, you can download it here:

EY2 form (http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/Ofsted-home/Forms-and-guidance/Browse-all-by/Other/General/Declaration-and-consent-form-for-all-individuals-connected-with-a-registered-provision-form-EY2)