PDA

View Full Version : activity

jellytot
07-01-2009, 09:49 AM
my mind is blank (nothin unusual really) 6yr girl coming for her second day today and i want to do a craft with her, i dont want it to be over in 2 min but i want to be able to give her something without just saying heres the stuff what do you want to do? am i being clear?

any ideas anyone?

PixiePetal
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Do you have a theme running?
How long have you got?
What sort of thing does she like?

I have lots of beads and have let them make a necklace to take home in the past.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Little girls love little things and makings things they can show mum and dad. Do you have Hama Beads as they are great and can be made into all sorts. Mine little ones are also into the beads that stick together with water (sorry name out of my head).

They also love dressing up - give the children a bag of nothing and you will be surprised what they design themselves.

Don't be surprised if she doesn't want to do too much after school and school is tiring and sometimes she will want to sitand relax with books, tv or games - mine love cards (snap/happy famiilies, fish, 7's etc...)

jellytot
07-01-2009, 10:11 AM
well yesterday she did the usual new child thing wanted to do lots but didn stick with much for long, didn want to watch tv but if i tried to talk to her, her eyes and ears where on it.

just been a while since i had 6yr old. made cakes yesterday but she didn seem keen think she did then because she thought she had to.

want to do something to try and bring her out of herself and get her chatting more so i can learn what she likes.

i have her for 3hrs today

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 10:15 AM
It takes time to get to know one another.

Do you have anything like Polly Pocket, Bratz etc and she could play and you could observe and gets some ideas about her interests.

Ask what she likes to do at home.

Do you have other children that she could help/play with? Little girls love to think they are helping - especially when the dishwasher needs emptying!

mabel
07-01-2009, 04:25 PM
I have had all my school mindies here due to the school being closed

with 'snow' being our theme

we have made snowflakes (cut out of paper) and design pictured
painted snowmen

numeracy with the snowflakes (yes I cut about 60 out last night !)

hunt the snowkflake

word hunt for winter word, I hide letters they find them, build the words
then we put them into sentences.

we have made snowman and coloured clothes on them even !

snowman iced biscuits ....if we have time