PDA

View Full Version : Quick reminder

PixiePetal
07-01-2009, 08:04 AM
Ok, I have been minding for years but not had new parents visit for a year. Quick reminder on what I need ready and important questions. :)

Just started back after christmas and brain a bit frazzled, sure to forget something.

Lottie
07-01-2009, 09:21 AM
Umm crikey I can't think either.... errr

Policies
Terms and conditions
Hours they need
Deposits
Money talk

Does this help?

mandy moo
07-01-2009, 09:51 AM
Umm crikey I can't think either.... errr

Policies
Terms and conditions
Hours they need
Deposits
Money talk

Does this help?

Ive got a parent coming today also and I hate the money talk bit, saying that I found it slightly easier each time,
The only bit I find hard now, is mentioning / asking for payment when theyre late paying:(

PixiePetal
07-01-2009, 09:57 AM
Think I am sorted now. Was in the middle of updating my paperwork for parents to go through, let it slide over Christmas. Been on PC for 2 hours now and feel more organised. Just a list of things to do - finish risk assessments, SEF etc. not important for parent but need to sort for inspection which could be anytime.

:phew:

RedDragon
07-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Set the ground rules BEFORE you start getting friendly with them.

Also, if there are a couple of things that bother you I tell the parent before I take the children on- for example, some people hate it when parents are late, some don't like it if children bring inappropriate food for lunch etc (for me it's paying on time), say for example healthy food is your thing I would tell them, explain that in your setting your encourage healthy eating and if your child brings crisps, chocolate and a dipper for lunch everyday it will disrupt the other children. If it's late payments explain that from previous experience you have had to add on late payment fees - and say as you have put them on other parent's invoices in the past it's only fair that you do it to them if they pay late.

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Routines, activities, your background, hours, money, holidays, sickness

PixiePetal
07-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Set the ground rules BEFORE you start getting friendly with them.

Also, if there are a couple of things that bother you I tell the parent before I take the children on- for example, some people hate it when parents are late, some don't like it if children bring inappropriate food for lunch etc (for me it's paying on time), say for example healthy food is your thing I would tell them, explain that in your setting your encourage healthy eating and if your child brings crisps, chocolate and a dipper for lunch everyday it will disrupt the other children. If it's late payments explain that from previous experience you have had to add on late payment fees - and say as you have put them on other parent's invoices in the past it's only fair that you do it to them if they pay late.

I do that, you learn from experience where the pitfalls lie and get more organised and less soft as the years go by!! My policies cover most things now :thumbsup:

PixiePetal
07-01-2009, 10:07 AM
Routines, activities, your background, hours, money, holidays, sickness

Thanks Debbie, think I will add a sheet about myself and family to make it more friendly sounding. Not just policies and forms :thumbsup: :D