PDA

View Full Version : Lucy's Cambridge diet thread!

SimplyLucy
07-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Well after reading Dee's thread (I read the whole thread last night!) I have been inspired to do the Cambridge diet.

I am currently at my heaviest and feel big, heavy aand uncomfortable. I have a lot of weight to loose to get into my recommended BMI target but I'm feeling positive.

I have considered a gastric band but can't afford the time off work for the surgery, I've done the usual slimming world/weight watchers.

I did loose 5 stone on WW in 2005 but my husband walked out on me the week I hit the 5 stone marker. It's all back on now plus a few extra lb's. :rolleyes:

I guess I kind of relate weight loss to the fact that my husband upped and left, kind of a mental block (or maybe an excuse). But now I have my fantastic partner who I've been with for 2 years (I was 3 1/2 st lighter when we met!). Ade is very supportive and wants to loose a bit of weight too so he's looking forward to me refusing to cook him nice meals, he'll organise most of the childrens meals to begin with to take the pressure off me too.

Well fingers crossed the Cambridge lady I emailed last night rings me today and I can get the ball rolling.

Lucy x

Ps. can someone let me have the fatty photo password so I can share my hugeness with you all before I start to shrink! :laughing:

miffy
07-01-2009, 07:29 AM
Good luck Lucy - hope it works for you

Miffy xx

angeldelight
07-01-2009, 07:43 AM
Good luck Lucy

Hope it goes well for you

Dont forget to ask Dee if you need any advice

You need to send me a message if you want the password and then only if you are prepared to post a pic

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Thanks Miffy.

Angel, message sent and photo at the ready. :eek:

ajs
07-01-2009, 08:10 AM
oh lucy good luck
dee has been such an inspiration to us all
nice to hear that you have a supportive partner too it's must be very hard to do it on your own

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 12:01 PM
Good luck Lucy - it is a fab way of losing weight easily and quickly and because of that you stay inspired.

I started in July and am 3.5 stone lighter and like you follow Dee's progress. She has great advice

sue m
07-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Sorry, can you point me in the right direction to Dee's thread please?

Thank you.

patevans
07-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Sorry, can you point me in the right direction to Dee's thread please?

Thank you.

was just going to ask the same!!

patevans
07-01-2009, 12:24 PM
http://childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5722

think this is it!

sue m
07-01-2009, 12:34 PM
Thanks Louise, glad it's not just me then! :D

What I need is a personal trainer and a cook who will do it all for me and I just eat the food and can do a few exercises and my weight will drop off! Simple eh? FAT chance! lol

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Thanks Louise, glad it's not just me then! :D

What I need is a personal trainer and a cook who will do it all for me and I just eat the food and can do a few exercises and my weight will drop off! Simple eh? FAT chance! lol

I haven't done any exercise but walk to and from school occasionally.

With Cambridge you are eating less than 500 calories a day so if you stick to it 100% you will lose and fast.

FizzysFriends
07-01-2009, 01:14 PM
I need a personal trainer that would live here for a bit to stop me snacking etc. But as im not a millionaire Im doing Cambridge too.

Rubybubbles
07-01-2009, 01:19 PM
good luck lucy, I started cd on 30th Dec and going well, as Dee knows (bow down to dee:clapping: ) she has been brilliant and I love reading her progress

keep it going and keep us updated xx

sue m
07-01-2009, 01:25 PM
I'll google it and have a look. I'm no good at finding things on here so I'll make it easy by googling! I just keep going in the biscuit tin all day and filling up on those and then have dinner at night. I can't not have biscuits in cos others eat them. I'm hoping when I get my thyroid and iron levels back to normal, I will have some more brains and not feel quite so tired and lethargic. I want to lose a lot of weight but can't be bothered which is ridiculous.

sskent08
07-01-2009, 01:33 PM
could I have a pass word to add a photo

thanks

sue m
07-01-2009, 01:34 PM
Me too please. Is it Pauline we have to pm or Angel???

SimplyLucy
07-01-2009, 05:37 PM
I have my first appointment next Tuesday at 10.30am. I'm so excited. :clapping: :clapping:

deeb66
08-01-2009, 08:26 AM
Hi ladies

Just logged on quickly and came across this thread.

I am so pleased to see so many people interested in Cambridge :thumbsup:

I have to say that I am soooo pleased that I found Cambridge as it really was the answer for me. For all of you who read my thread will see that I lost a total of 9 stone in 9 months.

Have to say that it was probably the easiest diet for me as it allowed me to cut out food all together but it does take an awful lot of committment but I have to say that my brain was in the right place and I was fully committed.

I fully believe in the product and recommend that you contact one of your local counsellors if you are interested.

Here is the addy for Cambridge - http://www.cambridge-diet.co.uk/

If anyone needs any help/support at anytime then feel free to PM me - I don't always get time to log onto the forum but my PM's are linked to my email and I usually check my emails every day.

Good luck :thumbsup:

Dee
xx

P.S. If anyone wants access to the Fatty Foto's area they need to PM Angel.

deeb66
08-01-2009, 08:27 AM
I have my first appointment next Tuesday at 10.30am. I'm so excited. :clapping: :clapping:

Good luck :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
13-01-2009, 08:18 AM
Well today I have my first session. I have been cutting out carbs and drinking more water all week in preparation for today and have lost 4lb aready! :clapping:

I'm really excited and not nervous at all. :D

Rubybubbles
13-01-2009, 08:20 AM
yeah, well done hun:clapping:

off to get weighed this morning too:D

angeldelight
13-01-2009, 09:03 AM
Me too please. Is it Pauline we have to pm or Angel???

Yes message me !

Angel xx

angeldelight
13-01-2009, 09:04 AM
Well today I have my first session. I have been cutting out carbs and drinking more water all week in preparation for today and have lost 4lb aready! :clapping:

I'm really excited and not nervous at all. :D

Well done Lucy that is great

Keep it up

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
13-01-2009, 06:50 PM
Well I've had my first session today, she told me it would take an hour to go though everything, well an hour and three quarters later after a good long natter and get to know you I walked away happy and smiling.

She had made me feel so calm and positive about the diet, I'm really excited about starting on Thursday now.

My starting weight on her scales was 18st 6lb, and she took all my measurements too, can't wait to see the measurements drop. :D

I have a selection of all the flavours to try, wasn't sure what I'd fancy the most. I'm just having the regular shakes for my first week.

Oh and the best news of all...............she needs a childminder! Woohoo! Seems like I might be able to earn some money to pay straight back to her for the diet. :laughing:

crazybones
13-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Well done Lucy. We are all behind you :clapping: :clapping: Hope the mnding works out too. :thumbsup:

deeb66
13-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Well done Lucy.

You did really well to lose 4lb in your preparation week :clapping:

I am sure you will do well

Rubybubbles
14-01-2009, 10:00 AM
Well I've had my first session today, she told me it would take an hour to go though everything, well an hour and three quarters later after a good long natter and get to know you I walked away happy and smiling.

She had made me feel so calm and positive about the diet, I'm really excited about starting on Thursday now.

My starting weight on her scales was 18st 6lb, and she took all my measurements too, can't wait to see the measurements drop. :D

I have a selection of all the flavours to try, wasn't sure what I'd fancy the most. I'm just having the regular shakes for my first week.

Oh and the best news of all...............she needs a childminder! Woohoo! Seems like I might be able to earn some money to pay straight back to her for the diet. :laughing:

excellent:clapping:

What floavours did you go for? I like all the chocolate and the soups not much else:laughing: started on the bars yesterday very nice:thumbsup:

I lost 3lb this week:clapping: , 11lb total

FizzysFriends
14-01-2009, 11:15 AM
Well done on your loss in prep week!!!!

Choc flavour is the only shake I like and I have it hot at night. Living on the porridge at the moment, the plain flavour though.

Chatterbox Childcare
14-01-2009, 01:27 PM
Well done on your loss in prep week!!!!

Choc flavour is the only shake I like and I have it hot at night. Living on the porridge at the moment, the plain flavour though.

Can't stand the porridge.. yuk

Love the orange and peanut and toffee bars but not having them this week as I think they are kicking me out of ketosis

deeb66
14-01-2009, 05:54 PM
Can't stand the porridge.. yuk

Love the orange and peanut and toffee bars but not having them this week as I think they are kicking me out of ketosis

You might be 'sensitive' to them.

They do have a higher carbohydrate level hence the reason they could be kicking you out of Ketosis.

Have you tested with a Ketostix?

SimplyLucy
15-01-2009, 07:00 AM
Well today is day 1 :eek:

I'm actually still excited! The funeral I had to go to yesterday went as well as funerals go and I avoided all the really bad foods at the wake. However by 9pm last night driving home from Gloucester Ade and I were tired hungry and a little upset (was his mums funeral) so we stopped for a MacDonalds. Was probably a really stupid plan but heyho hasn't changed my mind set for today.

I've drunk 1 pint of water already, will have my shake after the school run. :D

Rubybubbles
15-01-2009, 01:27 PM
if you need to chat at all feel free to pm me ;) keep it going the first 3/4 days are the hardest from then on it's all in your mind about being hungry cos your not!

SimplyLucy
15-01-2009, 01:39 PM
Well I'm 1 shake and 2 and a bit pints of water though day 1 and feel great!

Been weeing for england already though, but then I'm not normally a big drinker, infact some days I used to get to tea time and remember I hadn't had a drink. :blush:

I had the fruits of the forest shake for breakfast, was lush!

I think I might have the toffee and walnut one for lunch, trying to hold off till 2 pm for that one.

I got loads of flavours, in fact I got 2 of each flavour of the regular shakes just to try them all.

I'm guessing the cappucino and chocolate ones will be nice hot! Might have one of those for tea.

Rubybubbles
15-01-2009, 01:41 PM
Well I'm 1 shake and 2 and a bit pints of water though day 1 and feel great!

Been weeing for england already though, but then I'm not normally a big drinker, infact some days I used to get to tea time and remember I hadn't had a drink. :blush:

I had the fruits of the forest shake for breakfast, was lush!

I think I might have the toffee and walnut one for lunch, trying to hold off till 2 pm for that one.

I got loads of flavours, in fact I got 2 of each flavour of the regular shakes just to try them all.

I'm guessing the cappucino and chocolate ones will be nice hot! Might have one of those for tea.

I only like the chocolate ones and the soups! I love the chocolate one hot in the morning, although I split it into 2 drinks as very thick otherwise, but each to there own;)

FizzysFriends
15-01-2009, 01:55 PM
I have my choc one hot in a massive mug, else I find it too thick too.

SimplyLucy
15-01-2009, 02:04 PM
Thanks for the tip, I'll remember to split the powder in 2 before making a hot drink.

I made about a pint with the one I had for breakfast.

SimplyLucy
15-01-2009, 02:46 PM
:thumbsup: Toffee and walnut has the thumbs up! yumyum

SimplyLucy
16-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I feel like a pile of rubbish (I'm being polite!) this morning.

I feel tired, heavy, and really drained. Even lifting my arms to wash my hair hurt!

I guess this is kind of normal. My body is probably in shock. :eek:

deeb66
16-01-2009, 08:19 AM

I feel tired, heavy, and really drained. Even lifting my arms to wash my hair hurt!

This is perfectly normal Lucy.

Today and tomorrow is the hardest day of all.

You may find that you end up with a headache later on today or tomorrow......just keep drinking your water slowly throughout the day and take some paracetamol if you feel you need to.

I promise you that you will start to feel better within a day or two.

Stick with it - keep up the good work :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2009, 08:26 AM

This happens Lucy - keep going - it will only last about 2 days and after that you will feel so good and invigorated and you energy levels will be through the roof.

Glad you like all the flavours - I now live off of choc mint which I make in to a print and the choc tetra packs. am trying the mix a mouse to get my interest going.

Keep it up

SimplyLucy
16-01-2009, 09:23 AM
Glad to hear it's normal, I keep focusing on our holiday to Butlins in June and how the children will want to go swimming!

I had chocolate orange last nice, made it into 2 mugs of hot choc, was so nice. Had to stop Ade from having little tastes!

Ade wants to start in a few weeks too, he's not quite in the right frame of mind yet after his mums funeral this week.

I'm having strawberry for breakfast today, another one I like! Wonder if I'll find one I don't like?

deeb66
16-01-2009, 10:16 AM
I only used to have the shakes......didn't really like the soups.

I did try them all but in the end just ended up having 3 flavours.

I lived off Fruits of the forest for breakfast, strawberry for lunch and chocolate for dinner and if you look in my cupboard even now you will only find those 3 flavours!

Rubybubbles
16-01-2009, 02:27 PM
glad your enjoying them hun:clapping:

SimplyLucy
16-01-2009, 03:01 PM
I'm feeling loads better this afternoon, just been to a toddler group, think the walk and fresh air did me good!

SimplyLucy
19-01-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm on day 5 and feel fantastic. :D

I haven't missed food at all and have not been tempted to nibble.

Mr Tesco should be arriving in a mo with a big shop of food of the children. I did the shop yesterday online and planned their meals out for the next 2 weeks. Was really pleased with myself as I know planning ahead for their meals will help me not be tempted to eat.

I'm going to a Ball on Saturday so will be taking the evening off.

Weigh in is on Wednesday and I can't wait, I'm really excited!

Rubybubbles
19-01-2009, 02:15 PM
I'm on day 5 and feel fantastic. :D

I haven't missed food at all and have not been tempted to nibble.

Mr Tesco should be arriving in a mo with a big shop of food of the children. I did the shop yesterday online and planned their meals out for the next 2 weeks. Was really pleased with myself as I know planning ahead for their meals will help me not be tempted to eat.

I'm going to a Ball on Saturday so will be taking the evening off.

Weigh in is on Wednesday and I can't wait, I'm really excited!

yeah keep it going:clapping:

I have got a ball on Feb 7th and am pleased to say I needed the next size down dress:clapping: , and my have to get the bust bit taken in a bit! I am a pear;)

SimplyLucy
21-01-2009, 02:54 PM
I weighed in this morning for the first time and........ 8lb lost! :clapping: :clapping:

I have also lost 8.5 inches

2 from my waist
1 chest
2 bust
1 thigh
0.5 arm
2 hips

:D :D :D :D

Chatterbox Childcare
21-01-2009, 03:19 PM
I weighed in this morning for the first time and........ 8lb lost! :clapping: :clapping:

I have also lost 8.5 inches

2 from my waist
1 chest
2 bust
1 thigh
0.5 arm
2 hips

:D :D :D :D

Well done - now don't blow it by giving Saturday a miss otherwise you will need to start all over again! Take a tetra pack shake with you

SimplyLucy
21-01-2009, 03:23 PM
Well done - now don't blow it by giving Saturday a miss otherwise you will need to start all over again! Take a tetra pack shake with you

Tetra packs are at the ready.

I'll have a shake before we go on saturday, tetra for lunch and the meal in the evening, I'm not going to eat it all though.

I also have a tetra ready for sunday breakfast and lunch as we'll be travelling back down south!

Rubybubbles
21-01-2009, 04:45 PM
brilliant well done:clapping:

just to warn you I ofund day 8 and 9 the hardest:eek:

deeb66
23-01-2009, 10:33 AM
Well done Lucy

You are doing really well.

:clapping: :clapping:

Keep up the good work

angeldelight
23-01-2009, 10:39 AM
Thats great Lucy

Well done to you

Angel xx

crazybones
23-01-2009, 10:40 AM
Fantastic Lucy. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

SimplyLucy
28-01-2009, 10:04 AM
Well well well I had a fabulous time at the ball I went to. I enjoyed the meal but couldn't manage it all, thats a huge first for me as normally I'd have managed to stuff it all in. I only ate 1 profitterole and handed the rest to Ade! :D

I was straight back on track the next morning.

I have been for a weigh in today and lost another 3lb.

I'm so chuffed. Thats 11lb now. Kind of hope it's another 3 this week to make it a stone!

I have bars now this week and loads of soups, the soups are so nice and feel like a proper meal.

LOOPYLISA
28-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Well done you :clapping:

SimplyLucy
28-01-2009, 10:26 AM
Forgot to say, my CDC is coming around on Friday to sign the paperwork for me to mind her daughter 10 hours a week.

This means as of next week I won't have to pay! How good is that :D :D

Best bit is she wants me to have her on a Monday which is the day I have another little one of a similar age. They'll be great company for each other!

angeldelight
28-01-2009, 11:52 PM
Forgot to say, my CDC is coming around on Friday to sign the paperwork for me to mind her daughter 10 hours a week.

This means as of next week I won't have to pay! How good is that :D :D

Best bit is she wants me to have her on a Monday which is the day I have another little one of a similar age. They'll be great company for each other!

Thats great news Lucy

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
01-02-2009, 03:41 PM
brilliant your doing so well

and great news on the cdc as a mindie:clapping: that will keep you going even more:laughing:

deeb66
02-02-2009, 08:57 AM
You are doing really well Lucy.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
04-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Just had my week 3 weigh in and I've lost another 6lb. I'm so chuffed, I was really excited about weighing today.

I've now lost 17lb over the 3 weeks :eek: :clapping: :eek: :clapping:

deeb66
04-02-2009, 11:39 AM
That is brilliant news Lucy

How do you find not eating?

Are you coping ok with cooking family meals ets?

SimplyLucy
04-02-2009, 11:48 AM
I love the not eating part, I had such a bad relationship with food. Since starting this diet I've had time to sit back and admit that to myself. It's really helped me deal with some big issues.:blush:

I love cooking for the children now. I'm so much more organised, plan what we're going to have so I don't have to go shopping too often etc. The children are eatting a lot healthier.

I'm not even tempted to nibble which is great. If I crave something then I make it for the children, the smell is then enough to satisfy my craving.

I've also learnt not to reward my children with food treats. I was brought up with food rewards such as sweets, cake, chocolate and such like and feel that plays a huge part in my emotional eating habits. Before starting this diet I would reward myself for having a good day, being happy, being upset, just about any excuse you can think of. I don't want my children to grow up with the same issues. They haven't even noticed the change in their diet which is great.

It's made me realise that half the things I picked up when shopping were actually for me and I used the children as a reason to buy them. The first week I bought the usual doughnuts, cakes and things and ended up throwing them away because the children weren't interested. Must have been me eating them ALL before. :blush:

Rubybubbles
04-02-2009, 11:59 AM
well done lucy your doing brilliant, you'll be taking over me soon:panic: ;) lol! nothing like healthy competition xxx

Funny enough but everything you said rings so true here as well:eek: :D scarey!!

keep it going your doing so well! Are you finding clothes loser and that now?

SimplyLucy
04-02-2009, 12:02 PM
My Wednesday weigh jeans are hanging off me now, I might just be able to get away with them next week but they are starting to look stupid!

My clothes actually fit now, They were rather snug before I started this. Some are actually looking a little too big now. :clapping:

Nix
04-02-2009, 12:17 PM
OMG 17lb in 3 weeks :eek:

I'm looking to start the Cambridge diet too, how are you finding it generally?

Keep up the good work.

Nix,x

deeb66
04-02-2009, 12:51 PM
It really does sound like you have everything under control Lucy.

I perfectly unstand exactly what you are saying as I was very much the same. It was hard for people to understand how I could cook/prepare food but not actually eat it.......in fact sometimes the smell of food was enough to sort out any cravings I had.

It is definately true that the level of success is in the brain and it certainly sounds like you are determined and focused.

I am really pleased that it is working out for you.

Keep up the good work :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
08-02-2009, 07:32 PM
Well what a tough weekend that has been.

My periods are all over the place since starting this diet, for the last 2 weeks I thought I'd been having one on and off, but yesterday and today were awful.

All I've wanted to do was eat.

On friday night I cooked myself 1 quorn fillet and had it with my soup. I just had to eat something.

Saturday I dragged myself through the day, took the children to the cinema, plenty of distraction.

Today I've been in tears on and off. I just wanted to sit at the table and eat with Ade and the children. Ade ended up cooking the children scampy and chips and I made myself a bit of quorn with some cabbage and mixed a bit of brocolli and cheese soup mixed in. It was heaven.

I just hope and pray it won't effect my weight loss.

I feel better tonight, probably just physcological because I know I've eaten something.

It's my birthday on Friday so I need to be 100% now. I've got 9 children after school so I've bought a small cake. I'm going to have a tiny piece. Ade is taking me away for the night and we're going to have a meal. I'll stick to chicken and veg, and will get back on sole source the next day.

deeb66
09-02-2009, 02:10 PM
Only just seen this Lucy otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Being on SS can sometimes affect your periods due to lack of calories but it will settle back down again and return to what is normal for you.

TOTM really does mess your body around but I think that you know that as you have already identified why you are feeling this way.

You should be ok this week as what you have eaten has not been too bad. The Quorn you have been eating will not cause you any problems as it is protein. You do need to be careful how much vegetables you are adding as they contain carbohydrate and could knock you out of ketosis which will in turn slow the weight loss down.

If you are still feeling really bad I would suggest that you contact you CDC and re-evaluate your plan. For a short period you could always move up to SS+ or 810, just until you feel better and more in control.

I hope you are feeling much better today - you are more than welcome to send me a PM if you need any more help/advice.

Dee
xxx

SimplyLucy
11-02-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks Dee.....your support is wonderful.:D

Well I'm still in shock after this mornings weigh in...............

I LOST 8lb :D :D :D

Thats 25lb now in 4 weeks. :eek:

Nix
11-02-2009, 01:40 PM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Well done, that's a real achievement, you should be so proud.

NIx,x

LOOPYLISA
11-02-2009, 02:08 PM
Go girl x :clapping:

SimplyLucy
12-02-2009, 07:13 AM
I went shopping in my own wardrobe last night!

I've found 3 pairs of jeans that fit that wouldn't go near me 4 weeks ago!

I've also evicted 3 pairs that were hanging off me!:clapping:

angeldelight
12-02-2009, 07:37 AM
Wow Lucy you are doing really well

Well done to you

Angel xx

deeb66
12-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Fabulous news Lucy.....well done you

It's a really good feeling when clothes getting too big!

Keep up the good work.

Rubybubbles
23-02-2009, 01:42 PM
just catching up!!

Well done lucy (although youll be due another weigh in soon:) )

I am on ss+ and find having the 4 packs a day much easier for the down days! Although I have been following ss+ with the 3 packs and meal this week as having a really stressful week, but as it's part of the plan I don;t feel bad;)

Chatterbox Childcare
23-02-2009, 02:34 PM
I am back off of holidays now and caught your thread. Wow what a results. Keep going and I know that it will all be worth it.

I am off for my weigh in on Wednesday - fingers crossed I may have lost.

SimplyLucy
25-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Hello all!

I missed last weeks posting of results because I'd gained 3lb, my DP took me away for the weekend for my birthday!

Anyhow, lets forget that.

This week I lost 6lb.........:D

Total loss in 6 weeks 28lb..........:clapping:

crazybones
25-02-2009, 05:26 PM
Fantastic Lucy... Well Done :clapping: :jump for joy: :clapping:

Rubybubbles
25-02-2009, 08:26 PM
brilliant:clapping:

Minstrel
25-02-2009, 08:46 PM
Amazing- well done Lucy!:thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
04-03-2009, 09:47 AM
I've lost another 3lb this week. :clapping:

Didn't think I'd lost any as I feel really bloated this week so was chuffed with the 3lb.

31lb in 7 weeks! :D

emler
04-03-2009, 09:48 AM
:clapping: That's brilliant Lucy - keep up the good work :thumbsup:

SimplyLucy
25-03-2009, 02:39 PM
Hello all!

I missed a week, you can all tell when I've had a gain. I wasn't well weekend before last, doctors think I have gallstones so I'm having a scan on Friday. :rolleyes: I gained 2lb last week.

Well this week I've been 100% and lost 9lb. :clapping: :clapping:

Thats 41lb in 10 weeks, only 1lb to go to my 3 stone!

Rubybubbles
25-03-2009, 02:48 PM
well done lucy, and well done for getting back on track:clapping:

I am back on track after 1lb gain (2 weeks off, night out and a birthday:laughing: was pleased with only 1lb teehee)

nearly at the 3st well done, how you feeling?

SimplyLucy
25-03-2009, 03:04 PM
I'm feeling great this week.

I've discovered the orange water flavouring and it's ade me increase my water intake by loads, hence the huge loss this week!

Chatterbox Childcare
25-03-2009, 05:30 PM
Lucy

You are an inspiration.

Since coming back off of my hols I have put on 7lb and feeling really slugish and cannot do one day let alone 7.

From reading your thread I have decided to go and give it another go.

Well done and thank you.

sue m
25-03-2009, 09:04 PM
Well done Lucy. I only lost half a pound. I don't drink much at all during the day, cup of tea in the morning, sips of peach flavoured water during the day and maybe a milky coffee at night. You reckon the water has helped you to lose? I'll have to try and drink more!!!! Water. :littleangel:

I'm feeling great this week.

I've discovered the orange water flavouring and it's ade me increase my water intake by loads, hence the huge loss this week!

Nix
26-03-2009, 09:13 AM
Such an inspiration...I need to kick my ass into gear too.

Congratulations you must feel really amazing...

:clapping:
Nix,x

LOOPYLISA
26-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Well done you x :thumbsup:

Chatterbox Childcare
30-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I am finding it hard to drink so have started on the Tetleys Redbush black tea as it counts towards your water allowance - it is a god send

Made a biscuit for tea out of my shake mix yesterday and that was nice and am now back on the mix a mousse which is like angel delight - yummy

emler
30-03-2009, 09:06 AM
:clapping: fantastic Lucy - you must be chuffed to bits :clapping:

deeb66
30-03-2009, 10:21 AM
Well done Lucy

You are doing really well

Chatterbox Childcare
03-04-2009, 09:41 AM
How did you go this week?

patevans
05-04-2009, 04:44 PM
I really need to do this cambridge diet, going to give it some serious thought over the next few days, only thing thats holding me back at the mo is the price!!

Celtic Star
06-04-2009, 07:40 PM
Lucy you are an inspiration!

I have 5 1/2 stone to lose and reading through your diary has really inspired me to make sure this really works, have spent most of my life overweight and am now fed up of it.

Keep up the good work

Erin xx

deeb66
07-04-2009, 07:28 AM
How are you Lucy?

Are you ok?

Dee
xx

Tily Bud
13-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Hi Lucy x

Are you ok ? xx

SimplyLucy
13-04-2009, 06:21 PM
Sorry all :blush:

I've been in hiding for being a useless lump!

I've gained 5lb after being off the diet for a few weeks.

However TODAY is re-start day and has gone fantastically well.

I have 7 and a half weeks until my holiday now. I would really like to lose another 28lb then. With a stone a month it's achieveable but I must stick to the diet 100%.

I promise to keep you informed of my progress and not hide away and sulk when it goes wrong!

Mrs.L.C
13-04-2009, 08:00 PM
Sounds like a good diet. My friend is doing something similar.

Can I ask what weight you all were when you started the diet? Im almost 15st and thinking I really need to do something but just eating more healthy isnt helping but my friend has said the Doctors might not let me

deeb66
13-04-2009, 08:10 PM
Well done for getting back on it Lucy.

It is not easy staying on track all the time but at least you have got the bull by the horns so to speak.

Good luck honey

Sounds like a good diet. My friend is doing something similar.

Can I ask what weight you all were when you started the diet? Im almost 15st and thinking I really need to do something but just eating more healthy isnt helping but my friend has said the Doctors might not let me

You might not have to get your doctors signature on the form. The general rule of thumb is if you do not have any medical conditions or taking any prescribed meds and have a BMI under 40 then you won't need your doctor to sign the Medical Record Form.

You say that you are 15 st but don't say what height you are. Providing you stand at 5 ' 1" or taller (that - BMI 39.5) at 15 st then you won't need your doctors signature for that reason.

However, if you do have any medical condition or take prescribed meds then you will need doctor signature before you start.

You are not asking your doctors permission to do the diet but are confirming your condition/meds and asking him/her to monitor you whilst on the plan.

However we are not willing to go against your doctors advice so your Counsellor would be able to speak to your doctor (if you want her to) and tell him/her about the plan etc or can put your doctor in touch with the Medical team at Head Office - usually in these cases 99% of doctors sign after speaking to Medical Advisor/team at HO.

HTH

Dee
xx

Tily Bud
14-04-2009, 06:58 AM
Well done for getting back on the plan Lucy x I started CD yesterday so hopefully we can all help each other :thumbsup:

Mrs.L.C
14-04-2009, 09:12 AM
You might not have to get your doctors signature on the form. The general rule of thumb is if you do not have any medical conditions or taking any prescribed meds and have a BMI under 40 then you won't need your doctor to sign the Medical Record Form.

You say that you are 15 st but don't say what height you are. Providing you stand at 5 ' 1" or taller (that - BMI 39.5) at 15 st then you won't need your doctors signature for that reason.

However, if you do have any medical condition or take prescribed meds then you will need doctor signature before you start.

You are not asking your doctors permission to do the diet but are confirming your condition/meds and asking him/her to monitor you whilst on the plan.

However we are not willing to go against your doctors advice so your Counsellor would be able to speak to your doctor (if you want her to) and tell him/her about the plan etc or can put your doctor in touch with the Medical team at Head Office - usually in these cases 99% of doctors sign after speaking to Medical Advisor/team at HO.

xx

Im 5"7 and BMI is under 40. May have to look into it then and see what they say but first im going to try slim fast (not sure if I could cut food out altogether) but the hardest part is no chocolate.

I have started this today and so far its not been too bad

Rubybubbles
14-04-2009, 08:36 PM
you can do it lucy!!

My big thing is in 6 weeks, so am doing 100% so strong for now:laughing:

pm me anytime hun xx

deeb66
15-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Im 5"7 and BMI is under 40. May have to look into it then and see what they say but first im going to try slim fast (not sure if I could cut food out altogether) but the hardest part is no chocolate.

I have started this today and so far its not been too bad

I understand what you are saying about not being able to give up food completely but you can do various different programmes with Cambridge and some of them do include food.

At least by doing Cambridge rather than just Slim Fast you will have the 1 to 1 support of a Counsellor. I have tried SlimFast in the past and just didn't stick to it.

Dee
xxx

Tily Bud
15-04-2009, 07:33 PM
I understand what you are saying about not being able to give up food completely but you can do various different programmes with Cambridge and some of them do include food.

At least by doing Cambridge rather than just Slim Fast you will have the 1 to 1 support of a Counsellor. I have tried SlimFast in the past and just didn't stick to it. Me too !!

Dee
xxx

CD seems so much easier, no food to think about :D

SimplyLucy
15-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Well having got back on track on Monday I went to my weigh in this morning and I've lost 1lb........yippee!

100% for the next 7 weeks till my holiday now!

angeldelight
16-04-2009, 07:08 AM
Well done Lucy

Keep up the good work

Angel xx

deeb66
16-04-2009, 07:31 AM
You are doing really well LUcy

well done for getting back on track :thumbsup:

Dee
xxx

Tily Bud
16-04-2009, 02:10 PM
Well done Lucy x

SimplyLucy
22-04-2009, 08:59 AM
Oh yeah........go meeeeeeeee!

I lost 5lb this week!

I've hit that 3 stone mark now! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE! :clapping: :clapping: :p

I need to lose 1st 7lb in the next 6 and a bit weeks to see a 13 before my holiday :eek: .......it's a tough target but will kee me focused.

devoncm
22-04-2009, 12:07 PM
:clapping: Way to go Lucy

Im sure you'll be able reach target

deeb66
22-04-2009, 05:36 PM
Well done Lucy

Will keep my fingers crossed and hopefully you should hit your target

Dee
xx