PDA

View Full Version : probably dumbest question ever...

kaz1501
26-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Please be kind to me! ;) Hate to ask this because it seems such a silly question but.............
is it ok to laminate my reg certificate?

The reason I am hesitant is the fact that it is an official document so I thought this might possibly be reason enough not to mess with it. :blush:

I am just so happy to have the certificate I don't want to do anything wrong even if it seems trivial!

Thanks for your patience :)

Karen
x x x

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 01:16 PM
oh not sure:o

I've got mine in one of those glass clip frame in my hall

Monkey1
26-01-2008, 01:31 PM
I laminated mine! It looks fine. Mind you..i would probably laminate the kids if they stood still long enough!

Spangles
26-01-2008, 01:38 PM
I've laminated mine, can't see why you can't?

manjay
26-01-2008, 01:50 PM
I have mine locked away very safe and have a colour copy of mine on show. Not sure if that's allowed but you can't tell the difference and as it's in a photo frame I don't think my inspector will take it out to examine. I figured this way that if a parent decides I am not fit to look after their children and steals it off the wall in a rage, I still have the original.

I can't see it being a problem although OFSTED seem to get really petty about silly things! I have never heard of a minder being sent to prison for laminating her certificate

amanda xx

ps: your questions are not dumb!!!

Minnie Minx
26-01-2008, 01:56 PM
I have mine locked away very safe and have a colour copy of mine on show. Not sure if that's allowed but you can't tell the difference and as it's in a photo frame I don't think my inspector will take it out to examine. I figured this way that if a parent decides I am not fit to look after their children and steals it off the wall in a rage, I still have the original.

I can't see it being a problem although OFSTED seem to get really petty about silly things! I have never heard of a minder being sent to prison for laminating her certificate

amanda xx

yet!!!!!

xxx

berkschick
26-01-2008, 02:16 PM
Mine is laminated!

kaz1501
26-01-2008, 02:33 PM
Thanks everyone :)

I don't feel so dumb now!

I have decided to keep the original safe in a file with all my all other certificates & display a colour photocopy in a glass frame.

or maybe the other way round?

keep a photocopy but display original in a photoframe?

Oh, this is driving me crazy!!!! :eek:

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 05:06 PM

amanda xx

air on the side of caution eh:D

oakie dokie
26-01-2008, 05:07 PM
yes mine laminated too.

hazelx

smartypants
26-01-2008, 05:15 PM
Mine is in a picture frame on my wall with mu other certificates :D

Twinkles
26-01-2008, 05:16 PM
I have mine laminated and pinned to my notice board.

Trouble
26-01-2008, 06:20 PM
i have laminated mine and all my birth certificates!!!! the only problem you might have is if you try to photocopy it it will be shiny:laughing:

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 06:29 PM
It's official you are all addicted to laminating:laughing: :laughing:

charleyfarley
27-01-2008, 12:34 AM
I've always laminated mine, don't want mucky finger prints all over it as I worked so hard to get it.

I now have it ina frame in play room

Think I will keep a photocopy version though just in case someone runs off with it

Amanda you do make us laugh,:laughing: but you never know

Carol xx

Twinkles
27-01-2008, 12:49 AM
It's official you are all addicted to laminating:laughing: :laughing:

Lol ..would laminate kids if they'd sit still long enough :D

miffy
27-01-2008, 08:21 AM
Just keep mine in a frame and put it away when I'm not working

Never thought to laminate it - can't think why have laminated practically everything else :laughing:

Miffy xx

sarah707
27-01-2008, 09:33 AM
I love my laminator too :p

LittleMissSparkles
27-01-2008, 09:39 AM
I have laminated mine and also my insurance cert and NCMA cert too , I laminate everthing I love it :)

button68
27-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Yep! Laminated the lot!!

I did think of doing a colour copy just for display but the copy wouldn't have the embossed 'seal' thingy on it.

buildingblocks
28-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Please be kind to me! ;) Hate to ask this because it seems such a silly question but.............is it ok to laminate my reg certificate?

I photocopy mine and laminate that for my hallway and keep my original in a folder upstairs same with my insurance certificate