PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean mats?

aly
06-01-2009, 10:06 PM
When you have mindees etc how do you clean the changing mats between changes?

I've never really used a mat for my kids, as it was easier to change on my lap, I bought one for my partner to use as he can;t change on lap. still change my dd {17 months} on my lap but recently thought I might as well get used to changing her on the mat as I will need to for mindees.

So thinking [again ahead} how do you clean yours? wet wipes? or other?

rickysmiths
06-01-2009, 10:20 PM
I use anticeptic wipes I just keep a pack in my changing basket.

madasahatter
06-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I have a travel changing mat for each mindee from the poundshop (named with a permanent marker). They fold up small and I give them a wipe with antibacterial wipe at the end of the day, but not after each change unless there has been a spillage.

Annie_T
06-01-2009, 10:32 PM
anticeptic wipes (plenty out there)

miss mopple
06-01-2009, 10:32 PM
I keep a bottle of spray antibac and a load of clean j cloths with it and clean with them. The cloths get used once and put in wash.

Cheaper than antibac wipes :thumbsup:

sarah707
07-01-2009, 07:53 AM
Antibac spray and tissue after each use :D

Blaze
07-01-2009, 07:56 AM
Antibac spray and tissue after each use :D

Same here & individual mats are used.:)

PixiePetal
07-01-2009, 07:59 AM
anti bac and kitchen roll. Off to buy new mat today :)

SimplyLucy
07-01-2009, 08:20 AM
I use anti bac wipes on my mat after each change. I have one child that comes with her own mat in her own bag I use that one for her but still use a wipe on it after use.

katickles
07-01-2009, 08:58 AM
I lay the child on blue toweling paper (like giant kitchen roll), & then afterwards spray & wipe the mat with milton spray :)

nannysue
07-01-2009, 09:07 AM
I use antibac wipes after each use. :)

Lottie
07-01-2009, 09:19 AM
To keep costs down I use an a plastic spray bottle filled with milton and water solution and old rags that I put through the wash after each use.

aly
07-01-2009, 09:40 AM
To keep costs down I use an a plastic spray bottle filled with milton and water solution and old rags that I put through the wash after each use.

Thats a good idea thanks:thumbsup:

I also like the idea of individual small mats. will have a think

thanks all:thumbsup:

mandy moo
07-01-2009, 09:45 AM
\I use the mat he brings in his changing bag and wipe it with anti bac disposable cloth after

Chatterbox Childcare
07-01-2009, 10:36 AM
When you have mindees etc how do you clean the changing mats between changes?

I've never really used a mat for my kids, as it was easier to change on my lap, I bought one for my partner to use as he can;t change on lap. still change my dd {17 months} on my lap but recently thought I might as well get used to changing her on the mat as I will need to for mindees.

So thinking [again ahead} how do you clean yours? wet wipes? or other?

I ask all my mums to put a mat in each bag. I don't clean them with anti bac spray all the time and use wet wipe afterwards if I have had a wet nappy before putting the mat away

marion123
07-01-2009, 12:20 PM
Antibac spray and kitchen roll :)

mum22
07-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Antibac spray here also

chaotic_space
07-01-2009, 12:51 PM
I've always changed babies on my knee but I lay them on a soft changing mat (the quilt type) then antibac spray and J cloth to clean. I have antibac hand wash hanging from my belt for my hands.

Ofsted were fine with that, all they care about is that you can show it is safe and hygienic.

Jules12Wed
07-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Antibac wipes.

nell57
07-01-2009, 12:59 PM
Anti-bac wipes and individual mats for me too

aly
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
I've always changed babies on my knee but I lay them on a soft changing mat (the quilt type) then antibac spray and J cloth to clean. I have antibac hand wash hanging from my belt for my hands.

Ofsted were fine with that, all they care about is that you can show it is safe and hygienic.

I've got those little bottles, how do you make them hang?

mummyroysof3
07-01-2009, 01:24 PM
hi, cant decide now, antibac wipes is bad for environment and costly, but think of all that extra washing if you use a new rag everytime on top of them having a fresh towel everytime they wash their hands

im leaning towards using the wipes for toilet, mats and pottys and a towel for each person per day but how do you store them, ive got a tiny downstairs toilet which my step dad is going to try and squeeze a basin in somewhere when he comes to fit the new toilet

charlotte x

gemhei
07-01-2009, 01:49 PM
Dettol spray and a piece of kitchen roll to dry between each child. I use kitchen roll for everything, DP goes mad saying such a waste but its clean and disposable.

chaotic_space
07-01-2009, 02:29 PM
I've got those little bottles, how do you make them hang?

My friend owns a day nursery and she gave me one but they can be bought on line.

Here are a couple of sites:

http://www.beaucaremedical.co.uk/Continence/product/Belt+Clip+for+Purell+Pocket+Bottle.html

http://www.spservices.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/4213

Im sure there are loads more but thats what I dug up just now.

Donkey
07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
I use anti-bacterial cleaning wipes before and after each change.
I use a supermarket own brand to try and cut costs.
I wipe mate before putting child on then as soon as they ae off and dressed, will let you know what ofsted have said when they inspect.

I know its wasteful, but I have enough washing to do as it is!

then there is a vinyl gloves too. my poor bin men

tulip0803
07-01-2009, 06:22 PM
Anti-bac spray & kitchen roll:D