PDA

View Full Version : Parental Responsibility

teacake2
06-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Hi, I think I am right in saying that OFSTED want us to record who has parental responsibility for the children we look after????, if I am not confusing it with something else could you all please tell me how you are recording this in your records?
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Teacake2

Rubybubbles
06-01-2009, 09:23 PM
yes they do want it and I still have no idea how to go about asking:panic:

It was one of my actions too:o

I signed up new children 2 days ago and asked and the mum looked about as confused as I did with asking! so I showed her my report where it says it and said, they want me to have it written down!! She is getting back to me on it:laughing:

sarah707
06-01-2009, 09:24 PM
The requirements say (in the safeguarding bit) that we must collect -

information about who has legal contact with the child; and who has parental responsibility for the child.

http://www.standards.dfes.gov.uk/eyfs/site/requirements/welfare/safeguarding/index.htm

rickysmiths
06-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Can we assume that if parents are married they have joint parental reponsibity? I always get both to sign contracts.

If partners are living together I suggest and most agree both sign the contract, this helps confirm any different names.

Single parents I always try to find out about any ex and what imput they have are they an emergency contact.

does anyone know if this is enough?

Please don't say there is another form we haveto get the poor parents sign.

Cammie Doodle
06-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Don't know if it's any help, but NCMA are updating their Contracts to include this, but at the moment they advised me to makeup a form to include this info and attach to my existing contracts , so that I will have this info to hand for Ofsted if they visited before new contracts are available to buy

sarah707
06-01-2009, 09:38 PM
I've just included it in with my child information form... but yes if you don't already have the details then you need to ask them to fill something in.

You can't assume anything I don't think - you have to ask for the info.

rickysmiths
06-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Thanks June I'll keep a eye on that. don't expect OFSTED yet I was inspected a year ago. Hopefully the new contracts will be ready soon and all I need do is review everyone thank goodness!

The idea about incl. on child record forms is good.

TVM everyone!

emmadines
06-01-2009, 11:54 PM
I get both parents to sign if they are not married but if they are i leave it to the parent who signs the contact.