PDA

View Full Version : Help, i need advice

Chrissy B
06-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi, I'm in need of some help and advice.
I want to start the process of childminding as i love working with children and want to go back to doing that again.
I'm wondering how training courses will affect my benefits i'm on IS and i've tried searching online and ringing various places including the jobcentre but i can't find any answers to my questions...Can anybody help me please.

FizzysFriends
06-01-2009, 06:00 PM
I wouldnt have though training would affect your IS as there is no income from training and its not full time.

I would have a look at directgov though as some people can get a back to work bonus for a year and its not the sort of thing you want to miss out on.

Minstrel
06-01-2009, 06:07 PM
i agree - the only compulsary bits to get reg'd are ICP course 12 hrs and a first aid course 12 hrs. Doubt that would affect IS.

good luck xxx

Annie_T
06-01-2009, 06:08 PM
I was on IS when i started to look into childminding. You dont get any help towards costs tho (for health form etc, tho can claim this back via ofsted when reg'ed)
It does not effect your benefits at all hun dont worry ..they will be pleased your working towards working and may stay in close contact with you (my personal advisor did).

hope this helps
x

Chrissy B
06-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Aw thankyou all.
I thought well i got really scared and nervous after ringing the jobcentre for the millienth time lol, the lady i spoke to asked loads of questions, How many hours i would be out for? How many courses? How long it would take to complete? etc, then she was saying bout me going to be made to be looking for work with the gov getting single parents back into work and that, i just wanted to shout why do you think i'm trying to do this so i can get away from you lot lol.

Chrissy B
06-01-2009, 10:13 PM
It's years since i did my nvq lvl 2 CC&E training and i'm so nervous about starting this lot of training.

Chrissy B
06-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I was on IS when i started to look into childminding. You dont get any help towards costs tho (for health form etc, tho can claim this back via ofsted when reg'ed)
It does not effect your benefits at all hun dont worry ..they will be pleased your working towards working and may stay in close contact with you (my personal advisor did).

hope this helps
x

I'm gutted as the woman who was my personal advisor now 'doesn't do that job now', i was told earlier by the lady who did the 20 questions on me from the jobcentre, so i have no idea who is or will be there to help me through it.