PDA

View Full Version : Advice on minding over 8's please

vix84
06-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Hi, ive had an email from a lady with a 9 year old and 11 year old needing after school care 5pm till 6:30pm 2 days a week, she also asked if I could do it at her house. I dont mind doing that, if I dont have any mindees etc. or if they go home - I could then go back to theirs - but is this ok?

And what is different for caring for over 8's? Would I ammend policies so they have a different one or extra's etc.?

FizzysFriends
06-01-2009, 04:43 PM
Wouldn't you be classed as a nanny and therefore no paperwork needed?

I would concider what would happen if you took on a full timer or after schooler that need you til 5.30pm or even 5pm?

vix84
06-01-2009, 04:50 PM
Wouldn't you be classed as a nanny and therefore no paperwork needed?

I would concider what would happen if you took on a full timer or after schooler that need you til 5.30pm or even 5pm?

Basically, if I had a mindee then we would be at my house, but when they left, I would probably then take them back to theirs for the remaining time.
So I would charge them a Childminding rate and also have policies

sarah707
06-01-2009, 06:04 PM
They are looking for a nanny or probably even better a mother's help... not a childminder. Sorry.

Andrea08
06-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Got to agree with sarah... also sounds like mum looking for a qualified babysitter think about it and the hours you would be in someone elses house? sorry dont think i would do it, good luck x

vix84
06-01-2009, 08:14 PM
To be honest, Id rather do that than have to go and pick up a child at 3:30pm from school - and I doubt Id get 2 from the same school. Its only 2 days a week and the cihldren are old enough to not need my attention 24/7 - and I may enjoy being out of the house for an hour or 2 - and the ball is in my court so that I can say we are staying at my house if it is easier etc.

I wasn't really wanting to do a school run - definatly not before school, so this is why I am keen on doing it. I said Id charge £25 for the both of them for an hour and a halfs work - and if they wanted me to give them dinner then it would be an extra £5. (Origionally I said £15 each including food but the mum was hoping for cheaper, so I said Id drop a fiver and the food)

I have Nannied before - so its nothing new to me, just combining a bit of Childminding with Nannying/babysitting I suppose!
And atleast in their home they have all their toys etc. Just talked myself into it really:)