PDA

View Full Version : laminated pictures outside

murphy61
06-01-2009, 02:58 PM
just after some advice do laminated pictures last if outside in the garden fixed to fence or wall

butterfly
06-01-2009, 03:00 PM
i'm interested in this as well because i have loads of ideas for stuff outside. however i've had a laminated sign on my window which has suffered damage from condensation so i'm sceptical!

PixiePetal
06-01-2009, 03:02 PM
I am interested too ! Would like some road signs out there. Might have to bring them in if wet or at night :D

saintsue
06-01-2009, 03:06 PM
I have had some on my gate for 12 months they are fine still

they say please close both gates please
but some parents still dont
luv sue xxx

Angela234
06-01-2009, 04:44 PM
I have thought about this i have painted traffic lights on board outside
attached to fence
Wanted to do posters but had a laminated page of photos on fridge which fell down onto my floor which was wet and spolit the photos. So how will it stand up to rain. I don't want to paint onto walls

Angela

sarah707
06-01-2009, 06:10 PM
Some do and others seem to spoil, not sure why.

A friend has hers on string - punch 2 holes in top corners, thread and leave some dangling like a picture on the wall... then I've got some nails sticking out of my fence high enough up so they're not a hazard and the signs hang down. At the end of the day, they get put away. :D

SimplyLucy
06-01-2009, 06:38 PM
The trick is to double laminate things to go outside. Laminate as normal then put it though again then put another pouch over the top and put it though twice more.

Michelle M
06-01-2009, 07:37 PM
I have laminated the number flower pots from Sparklebox and also the people who help us, stapled them on the fences around the garden, they are all fine, and have been battered by the wind and rain.

Monkey1
06-01-2009, 08:26 PM
The trick is to double laminate things to go outside. Laminate as normal then put it though again then put another pouch over the top and put it though twice more.

ooooh will try that one for my gate signs

Monkey1
06-01-2009, 08:28 PM
Some do and others seem to spoil, not sure why.

A friend has hers on string - punch 2 holes in top corners, thread and leave some dangling like a picture on the wall... then I've got some nails sticking out of my fence high enough up so they're not a hazard and the signs hang down. At the end of the day, they get put away. :D

i would probably forget.....or not notice when it was raining!:rolleyes:

jeanybeany
06-01-2009, 08:37 PM
I always have lots of laminated pictures outside, number lines etc and laminate childrens pictures to hang out to and have never had a problem with them. Ahhh actually that may be because my children's play area is under a sheltered area so it doesn't get soaking wet, but does get condensation and light drizzle in some places! When I worked in a nursery though they were always ok:)