PDA

View Full Version : Compliments from Parents

Pipsqueak
26-01-2008, 09:28 AM
There are parents out there who appreciate us and its so nice when they tell us.

Yesterday my mindee A was due to clock of at 1pm, Mum had taken the afternoon off but as Dad had had a hospital procedure yesterday morning I offered to have A till end of school. Told mum I wanted to take her to Toddler craft session.
Mum rang and said would she mind if she joined us as she'd love to spend a bit of time with me :) . So we all went down to Toddler and had a great time - us parents ended up doing the crafts the kids played on the toys!!!!

We walked round to school and mum was saying she was really pleased with the way things have worked out and the way I have stuck by them through all the "problems". She was asking about the EYFS and could I lend her the pack so she could have a look at it and then she can back me up with what I am doing !!! She was also saying that she really appreciates all the hard work, extra bits and bobs - blimey I was getting quite emotional by this time:blush: :blush: . Another example is the other week when I was having a rather bad week with one of my children at school - she bought me a lovely bunch of flowers (a bunch of sunshine as my mindee called them!!)

I ramble - but my point is when you get compliments like this it makes the job worth doing. And to show some of the newbies on here that not all parents are awful.

Hope you all have a good weekend:D

Pauline
26-01-2008, 09:58 AM
I know just what you mean Vik, it's so lovely when they take the time to tell you and like you say it's worth noting that there are some fantastic parents out there. In my experience the good ones far outweigh the not so good ones.

Just last night a mum told us that she was delighted how her child was coming on and that it was down to us that his confidence had improved so much. Makes everything so worthwhile.

Great news Vik, thanks for sharing :)

emler
26-01-2008, 10:18 AM
Well done Vik - it's great to feel appreciated!

Emler x

Minnie Minx
26-01-2008, 10:36 AM
well done vik, what a lovely mum and what a great minder you are, feel proud hunny, you deserve the compliements

xx

angeldelight
26-01-2008, 11:15 AM
That is lovely

Thanks for reminding us that there are lovely parents out there

They do not get much of a mention on here sometimes do they because they are not the ones we need help with

But really we should not forget there are usually more nicer parents than there are bad ones

Angel xx

Cammie Doodle
26-01-2008, 11:17 AM
Ah bless how lovely.
On Thursday one of my parents arrived with a beautiful orchid for me just to cheer me up as we had had a bump in our car last weekend and just wanted me to have a nicer weekend this week and thought she would start if off with flowers, bless her. :laughing:

Minnie Minx
26-01-2008, 11:37 AM
oh june that's lovely, what a thoughtful parent :)

xxx

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 12:38 PM
thats so lovelyt, you lucky things (I didn't even get a xmas card of both sets of families:( )

Pipsqueak
26-01-2008, 12:51 PM
Thanks all:)

Well done to all of us - we are all delivering a great service and we do help the little ones entrusted to us and as Angel says there are some great parents out there.

A big :clapping: to the often underated (and underpaid! lol) childminding sector:thumbsup:

Spangles
26-01-2008, 03:03 PM
It's lovely to hear this happy stories because sometimes it just seems like lots of doom and gloom!

Banana
26-01-2008, 04:36 PM
Thats so nice!

Always good for morale when you hear good things!!

x

Twinkles
26-01-2008, 05:07 PM
Thats lovely it's nice to be appreciated. So often we moan about parents on here ( and with good reason too! ) it's good to be reminded about the nice ones. I am lucky enough to have ( mostly ) very good and appreciative parents.

Mollymop
26-01-2008, 09:01 PM
Aww, that's lovely Vik, I be you were well chuffed!

sarah707
26-01-2008, 11:42 PM
That is lovely Vik! It is very nice to be appreciated :D

This Christmas, I had 1 set who sent me a Christmas card (to Sarah and family, which I thought was lovely as they remembered the children)... 1 set who gave me a present from the children (M&S mince pies - yum!)... 2 sets who thanked us all for their child's pressies... 1 set (the mince pie brigade) who presented us with a hand-made thank you card...!

Not bad going this year I thought! Last year I got 1 lot of bath pearls to which I was violently allergic! :laughing:

charleyfarley
26-01-2008, 11:47 PM
It's the little things they do or say that make you feel special.

Well done Vik, savour this for when or if there is a bad day

Give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it:clapping: :clapping:

Carol xxx

miffy
27-01-2008, 08:39 AM
I loved reading your story Vik - a great reminder of the nice parents we often overlook when bogged down with dealing with the not-so-nice ones

Lovely compliment to you - you should be proud

Miffy xx

LittleMissSparkles
27-01-2008, 09:53 AM
thats wonderful Vik, makes it all worth while when you feel appreciated :)

elaineg
27-01-2008, 05:26 PM
I did very well this xmas, I got two tins of quality street, a box of chocolates and a bottle of red wine.

I also have a lovely parent who works for Proctor and Gamble so every month she brings me a bag full of shampoos, deodrants and cleaning products, all for free, not sure if shes trying to tell me something. lol

love Elaine XXXX

Raggydolls
28-01-2008, 04:01 PM
my FIL works for them, they r a very good company to work for :-D

leanne
xx

ruby
29-01-2008, 01:59 PM
last september when one of my little ones moved her parents got me and rachel and evening at a spa
it was great we had a lovely evening using all the facilities, had a facial and then a lovely meal

she said it was for all the things we had done for P over the years

must admit we have had some lovely presents over the years

cathy and rachel