PDA

View Full Version : PARENTS HOLIDAYS BUT THEY STILL SEND CHILD TO YOU

Mollymop
05-01-2009, 07:17 PM
..... Is there any other parents out there that do this or just one of mine??
As I have been full and had children come and go since I started in April, but i have never come across this before!

This evening while collecting for no reason whatsoever, parent told me that she has a week off in 2 weeks time and a week off in mid February - then for no reason, said "She'll still be coming to you, just because I am off, it doesn't mean that she can't come here as usual" (those were her exact words with out a pause for breath!!!) haha

It's weird cos I was stumped, probably went crossed eyed with confusion, as I don't know why she said it! ha

I don't know about you, but I find this weird! Why, still keep the little one with me, if their mum is at home all week on her own!?

I have only been looking after the child for the past month, so still learning how to read the parent. She is one of those fussy ones who seems to demand what the child has been doing all day and asks if she has been really busy! And she seems to love her saughter so very very much - but she still wants to send her to me, so she can be lazy all day for week/s

FizzysFriends
05-01-2009, 07:21 PM
I've sent my dd to her CM's in the past when I have been off work. For one of two reasons, the first being if I had the time off to do work on the house and its safer for dd not to be there (ship the dog off to usually as she too has an facination with the drill) or second reason that she hates having her routine changed and takes ages to settle after.

rickysmiths
05-01-2009, 07:23 PM
You are not alone I only had 2 Jan off apart from bank hols this Xmas, Dad was off but child came to . this is a full timer you would think the parents would want to spend time with their child. I think its the ive paid so ill use attitude. thats why I have 25 days paid holiday a year.

Keep smiling:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Twinkles
05-01-2009, 07:27 PM
Well i suppose if she's doing something specific I can understand it but if she's just around the house it does seem a shame not to spend the time with her lo. I don't think people realise how quickly their childhood is just gone :(

Rubybubbles
05-01-2009, 07:28 PM
tbh with this one

as long as I get paid I try not to let to bother me:D

But we are childminders and couldn't imagine not wanting our children at home with us, so I think this is why it seems odd

Alibali
05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Are there parents that don't do this?:)

sarah32
05-01-2009, 07:45 PM
My parent always sends her child to me when she has time off at home.

Dont expect anything else now.

marion123
05-01-2009, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=sarah32;299874]My parent always sends her child to me when she has time off at home.

Dont expect anything else now.[/QUOTE

mine are the same

berkschick
05-01-2009, 07:56 PM
I can go one better than that!

I who is in childcare 4 full days a week has started coming to me as extra on a Friday as Mum is pregnant and needs to rest!!! I wouldnt mind but I have I 7.30am - 6pm every friday since Mum was 5 weeks pregnant. How much me time does she need?! Poor child. She is nearly 3 and the easiest child I have ever come accross. I also goes to Nanny's for 3 weeks a year while Mummy and Daddy go on holiday so she diesnt even get a holiday with her parents.

gemhei
05-01-2009, 08:01 PM
Ive sent my son to childminders while ive been off before. Its not because i want to lazy round at home all week but so i can get stuff done in the house without a child there to run off with my stuff, also i could go shopping without having to take him with me. If shes paying you then i dont see a problem maybe she just wants a break and some time to herself. I wouldnt advise telling the child shes at home though just incase they get upset and want to go home.

Jemima77
05-01-2009, 08:04 PM
When I was made redundant in July I had already paid my childminder for my LO up until August....so I used to send him to her whilst I went and did food shopping, for half days and whilst I got all my childminding policies written up, and whilst I did the house work etc....knowing that he would have more of an enjoyable time with her than with me! I feel really bad now incase she was saying the same things about me!! I have parents now though that take one off days to go shopping etc but still send their children to me which I think is fine, but I would defo find it strange if they had taken off a full week and still sent their Lo's to me. Everyone is different I suppose xx

mum22
05-01-2009, 08:08 PM
I tend to now go down the line of - as long as i get paid........:littleangel:

sarah707
05-01-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm like the others... so long as I'm being paid I do what's asked of me! :D

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm like the others... so long as I'm being paid I do what's asked of me! :D

Same here

Still agree its weird though that parents do not want to spend their free time with their own children

Angel xx

breezy
05-01-2009, 08:40 PM
tbh with this one

as long as I get paid I try not to let to bother me:D

But we are childminders and couldn't imagine not wanting our children at home with us, so I think this is why it seems odd

totally agree

jmoff
05-01-2009, 09:09 PM
Yeah, I usually moan to my hubby when the parents do this but it is only because I am jealous and would love to get some time off with no kids around!
:laughing:

LisaH
05-01-2009, 09:47 PM
This happens to me ocasionally but most of the time the parents have the kids at home with them if they are off. Can be annoying but I can't complain cos I am getting paid.:)

Mags
05-01-2009, 09:53 PM
I have a parent who sends her lo to me when she is not in work or at uni.
Usually because she is either doing assignments or catching up on housework or shopping. I can't say it's ever bothered me really, i just see it as i'm getting paid and she lives a very busy lifestyle.

Trouble
05-01-2009, 09:55 PM
i think its sad

my kids went to school today and i wanted bring the home at dinner i missed them so much:blush: :eek:

fiona
05-01-2009, 09:59 PM
hello.... i have a full timer who's parents do this to, there have been days when mum and dad are off sick and they send lo to me then i have to call then because he is sick, it still takes them.... 3hrs to collect him, they live 15min away!!!!!! :angry: :angry: :angry: that makes me cross!!!!!!!

mum2two
05-01-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm quite lucky. Most of my parents, certainly full timers, keep their kids with them if they're off work. If they need to go shopping, like for example xmas, then they still pick kids up early.

I agree that we've been paid, so we can have them, but on the other hand - if it was me, I'd want them with me...

Kelly x

cher25
06-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Hi, i have 1 parent who almost alway's keeps her daughter at home if she is off work. 1 sometimes does, but has still been sending him occasionally if she has had to go out. For the other 2, there dad is off work every friday but still sends the baby to me, although he does take and sometimes pick up the 5 year old so i do get a break unless i've planned something (birthdays) then i've actually asked if i could pick him up.lol
However their dad was off just before xmas but they asked me if i would still have the kids as dad was putting in a new bathroom, plus i had already planned the 3 day's leading to xmas and was starting to feel dissapointed when i was told dad was off work. So im glad i had them!lol

cuffleygirl
06-01-2009, 12:38 PM
I have a set of parents who do this too, he had 2 days off over and above the 2 weeks I had! She gets 7 weeks off! and was worrying that she was running out of holiday! He has regular duvet days (I wish I could!)

It doesn't bother me what they are doing when he is here but I feel miffed for him that his is not at home with his parents only because I couldn't imagine doing this to my children.

chaotic_space
06-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Most of my parents have sent their children even though they are off work. The overwhelming attitude is if Im paying they can go. Fair enough but I DARE you to be late picking up.

When my own daughter went to a childminder I didn't send her when I was off because I wanted to have time with her and I still paid. Maybe that's why I no longer go out to work prefering to work from home and be with my kids :)

I once had a parent turn up to drop her child off while still in her PJs (mum not child) she pushed her through the door saying "shes been up all night, Ive called in sick and Im going back to bed!" and left. I was too stunned to respond right there and then but you'll know she didn't make it back to bed before telling me why her child had been up all night!

mandy moo
06-01-2009, 02:34 PM
Yeah, I usually moan to my hubby when the parents do this but it is only because I am jealous and would love to get some time off with no kids around!
:laughing:

yep, quite agree with you I had approx 1hr 20mins to my self all xmas hols!
I spent that food shopping, & not retail therepy..
My own kids are 10 & 7 and hubbie spent most of the holiday asleep on the sofa!!
He couldnt quite grasp the fact that I was on hoiday too and would like sometime to myself without any kids at all..:mad:

yummymummy
06-01-2009, 03:48 PM
Think sometimes that the parents who seemed the fussiest and most obsessed with their children are the ones who you are the most shocked when they do this. In my experience though they are exactly the ones who are likely to do this, but I have found that it is because they give so much one to one to their child when they are at home that they can't get anything but the essentials done with them there.
Know exactly what you mean though, I can understand odd days off or if parent sick but to not spend holidays with their child doesn't seem right somehow.
I once had parents who asked me to have their child for longer days whilst they were off work for a week together so that they could do things every day like go to museums , have long lunches out etc! Oh well you meet all sorts childminding :rolleyes:

sallybrooke
06-01-2009, 06:12 PM
I bet you cant beat this!!

I had J while his Mum and dad snook off to get married!

I've also had a parent text me asking me to drop one child off, but not the other. (siblings - one at school aged 7 and one with me full time aged 2. Dad had the day off and I still collected 7yr old from school. he sent me a text saying I could drop him off but he'd collect the 2 yr old later. )
By the time I got the text I was already home, so declined. Can you imagine telling the 2 yr old he had to stay with me and not go home with his brother?!

Parents - Who'd have 'em!