PDA

View Full Version : Another Enquiry

Buzz Lightyear
05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
:clapping: someone looking for three full days a week. Had quite a few enquiries now but nothing set in stone yet. Got my fingers crossed someone will book me soon.

I always get nervous sending my fees over as I dont want to price myself out of the market but at the same time, want to earn a living! I am undercutting the local nursery anyway but not sure about the other minders. It's tough isn't it?

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 06:32 PM
Good luck hope they get back to you

Angel xx

marion123
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
good luck im sure they will get back in touch :)

Alibali
05-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I hope it works out this time, and don't undersell yourself - we work hard:)

Buzz Lightyear
05-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Just come on to see if the enquiry has responded. She hasn't :( Oh well, still plenty of time I guess x

LisaH
05-01-2009, 09:41 PM
Try not to worry, I've had people take a fortnight to make up their minds!!!:)

Buzz Lightyear
05-01-2009, 10:23 PM
Can I just ask, when someone asks for your fees, do you generally hear back from them or do they tend to just disappear?

I've not yet had anyone come back to me after me sending them my fees. Maybe this is a bad thing?? So hard not to know when they never come back to you to let you know either way.

berkschick
05-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Have you checked on your CIS site? That will give you the fees other minders in your area charge. That way you will know if you have priced yourself right.

Buzz Lightyear
05-01-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah I remember doing this when I was looking into Childcare myself before I decideed to become a minder but no-one disclosed any of their prices.

I remember at our business training, they advised us not to do this so that we got enquiries otherwise people may have been put off and gone with someone 'cheaper'.