PDA

View Full Version : Where does everyone get their craft supplies??

sarah32
05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
As it says really where does everyone buy their craft supplies, has anyone found a shop thats cheaper than then rest.

Trying to find places that sell paint in bigger quantities as seem to be using it so quick.:(

Any ideas??

sarah32
05-01-2009, 05:13 PM
forgot to add, use alot glitter, any ideas on that????

crazybones
05-01-2009, 05:18 PM
I do tours of all the pound shops every once in a while and stock up on all sorts of stuff. We have a local shop that still gets called The 50p shop even though everything is £1.09 now :rolleyes: I have 2 huge tubs of craft stuff and dont throw the little bits left over away as I find they always come in useful for something or other.

Lick'le Oakes
05-01-2009, 05:31 PM
Wilkinsons is not too bad for price also the works but it is a bit of hit and miss. What about yellow moon or is that too pricy.

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 06:29 PM
I use Baker Ross a lot

http://www.bakerross.co.uk/?src=ADWORDS

Angel xx

Twinkles
05-01-2009, 06:32 PM
I go to all the pound shops too. Also 'The Works' have some nice inexpensive stuff.

Have you tried to find a scrapstore locally ?

http://childrensscrapstore.co.uk/Uk%20Directory%20of%20Scrapstore1.htm

I've had some great things from ours and all free !! You have to pay to join as a member ( I got together with three other minders ) and then a yearly fee ( not much especially if you share it with others ).

madasahatter
05-01-2009, 06:36 PM
S & S Services are good
http://www.ss-services.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Display_9.html
I'm lucky our childminding network visit the childminders support group once a term with their craft shop and there is a central craft shop run by early years in Bradford that does stuff very cheap. If there are things that I need in between times (paint, craft paper, glue etc) I give my coordinator a ring and she brings some round (how good is that!!:) )

Angela234
05-01-2009, 06:48 PM
I put 2 orders a year to Baker ross and the basic's from local stores

Angela

chaotic_space
05-01-2009, 06:51 PM
I buy a lot of stuff from pound shops. You can find some amazing craft stuff in pound shops these days. And Im an avid recycler, I cut up cereal boxes for card etc.

If you have a local resource center then they you'll find they are pretty good and reasonably priced. The one I go to has big bins of free stuff and you can help yourself to that. There is a small membersip fee but it more than pays for itself in freebies :)

And I have no shame... I collected all the hats out of the Christmas crackers at the toddler and drop in Christmas meals and the shiny cellophane from tins of sweets, they make terrific fish and stained glass windows :)

sarah I got a HUGE tub of glitter from the pound shop before Christmas.

sarah32
05-01-2009, 06:55 PM
Ive found a scrapstore about 40 minutes away so make a trip there this saturday.

Im always in the £1 shops and pick up bits and pieces but always quite small pots and dont last long.

I looked at baker ross and quite expensive. Will check out SS see what their prices are like.

Mollymop
05-01-2009, 07:01 PM
I use yellow moon, or the cheap £1 shops

breezy
05-01-2009, 07:11 PM
pound shops and The Range

FizzysFriends
05-01-2009, 07:17 PM
I use pound shops, Wilkos, Tesco, Home Bargins anywhere cheap and cheerful really.

Alibali
05-01-2009, 07:18 PM
I find tesco does loads and really reasonable too

marion123
05-01-2009, 07:43 PM
asda pound shop any where cheap :laughing:

charleyfarley
05-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Anywhere I see something on offer I buy it :D

Use BakerRoss, Yellow Moon, Tescos, Asda, poundshops, ELC TO NAME A FEW
I always get next years xmas crafts at this time of the year, dirt cheap to buy now:D

Carol xx

gemhei
05-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Sorry cant help i get mine from Bradford early years they have a craft shop esp for childminders in our area and everything is really cheap. :thumbsup: