PDA

View Full Version : New at Childminding

snowbunny
05-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Hi There,

I am going on my Briefing meeting on 7th Feb - can't wait! :jump for joy:

But....I was just wondering how long does it take from then to sort everything out and get fully registered? eg. how long does the EYFS course take etc?

x

sarah707
05-01-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm afraid it varies a lot...

In cheshire the pre-reg course is 6 weeks I think, then you get the forms...

Ofsted come about 2 weeks later and take your CRB away.

Then they contact Doc, your references and CRB which can take a few months to come together.

Keep us updated with how you get on! :D

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 06:12 PM
Just wanted to say good luck

Keep us posted

Angel xx

carebear25
05-01-2009, 06:28 PM
hi, i went to my briefin in september, did 1st aid in november and had my pre reg inspection last week. I have got 2 more pre reg courses 2 do.

i got my forms after briefing sent them off after done 1st aid and childmindin co-ordinator been and ofsted rang 2 wks later.

i got my doc to fill form in and collected it and sent it off when invoice for fees came.

im hopin crb check wont take long and will be up an running by end of feb. which will be 5mths after briefin.

good luck

Mollymop
05-01-2009, 06:42 PM
I had my briefing in Sept 2007, ICP course in October that lasted until December (including the first aid course)
Given the ofsted application forms in Dec at the end of the course
Ofsted came out end of jan begining of Feb 08
Was registered at the end of April, got my certificate beginning of May

So it took me 8 months from start to finish xx

breezy
05-01-2009, 07:26 PM
hi and welcome :)

markys
06-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Hi
Me and my sister went to briefing session in May 2008. We sent the forms off in July, had pre-registration inspection in September and only received our certificates yesterday. I hope yours won't take so long. Good luck!
Marketa