PDA

View Full Version : New year, new me

Tatia
05-01-2009, 03:47 PM
I creeped back up to 167 over the holidays. I hate posting my weight openly but I am hoping it will help keep me honest. It's out there now so I have to do something about it.:D I aim to lose 2 stone over all but am starting with 4 pounds. I want to be back down to my pre-holiday weight of 163 to begin.

So far, so good. I did skip breakfast which I have got to stop doing. I had raw cauliflower, broccoli, sugar snap peas with hummus for lunch plus some pretzels when I got the munchies. Tasty and surprisingly filling, mostly because it takes a while to eat raw veggies. I'll be doing a nice low-fat chili con carne with brown rice for dinner. Plus I have aquarobiucs tonight. I've drunk a good amount of water and 1 cup of tea so I can feel my body starting to flush out the impurities.:o

In it to win it this time!

miss mopple
05-01-2009, 03:57 PM
Good for you!

Sounds like youre off to a good start :clapping:

I need to do somethng too but have zero willpower where dieting is concerned (not helped by hubby being a bad influence :o )

I highly recommend the tonsillitis diet though- Ive lost 3lb in 2 days due to not being able to swallow!

manjay
05-01-2009, 04:41 PM
Not sure I like the sound of the tonsillitus diet:panic: but hope you feel better soon Mrs Mopple.

Keep up the good work Tatia:clapping: I have been surpisingly fine with my two bowls of special K today and have managed to squeeze in loads of water and fruit. I have had to have one fresh coffee but figured it wasn't fair on my mindees to put them through my complete caffiene withdrawal;) I printed off a "how I want to look again" photo at the weekend to stick on the fridge but then decided it wasn't really appropriate to have me in a bikini in full view of all the children. I have now put it in the utility but it is being held in place with the magnet that is needed to get into the locked goody cupboard so it is proving a good reminder

Hope everyone else is doing ok

Tatia
05-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I've been on the flu diet before. It was the only time I ever won Slimmer of the Week at Slimming World!!!:laughing:

Hope you feel better soon. A scratchy throat is horible!

manjay
05-01-2009, 04:44 PM
ps: don't do pounds so you could be telling me you are 8 stone for all I know:laughing:

crazybones
05-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Good Luck Tatia - actually luck is the wrong word. Good Willpower :laughing: I have decided this time I am not going to weigh myself and I am going to use my clothes as a marker. Most of my summer holiday clothes were way too small this year and had to be replaced with loose cotton shorts and baggy t-shirts. :( I have some lovely holiday dresses and strappy little tops that I couldnt wear and I was not happy with myself at all. All my winter stuff is 2 sizes bigger than my summer stuff so that is my goal.

miffy
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Good luck from me too!

Miffy xx

Tatia
05-01-2009, 05:47 PM
Manjay, 168 pounds is 12 stone so at 167, I am 11st 13. :blush: I, too, have a 'I will look like this again' photo I use for motivation! This is me 5 1/2 years ago, right before moving here permanently. Can you believe I thought I was fat in this photo?:rolleyes:

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8936/0307042tatiaatleighnx0.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=0307042tatiaatleighnx0.jpg)

Here's an even more ludicrous example of my skewed body image. I know the boobs are still massive but I really thought the rest of me was enormous during the time this photo was taken (same time as photo above). :(

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4984/25tatiaanddarthgo9.th.jpg (http://img187.imageshack.us/my.php?image=25tatiaanddarthgo9.jpg)

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Good luck Tatia

Angel xx

Rubybubbles
05-01-2009, 07:32 PM
dont; worry about the start weight just think of the end goal

BUT I wish I was 167lb:laughing:

good luck

manjay
05-01-2009, 07:41 PM
You look fab in those pictures but I too thought the same as you Tatia. My shot was taken when we went to Jamaica in 2004 and looking back I can't believe I wasn't happy even then. I won't post the photo here but it is in the password protected Fatties area:D

Tatia
13-01-2009, 08:27 AM
:angry: It's all in my head. I was doing fine, making an effort to eat better when BAM, I said the 'd' word and somethng in my silly little brain clicked and now I am just being a ridiculous hog. For NO reason. Just because. Stupid things like having Wimpy for lunch on my own one day or having to kill after work waiting for school-aged mindees and grabbing some spicy potato wedges from local take-away. And I don't even want to think about how much Pepsi I'm drinking.:blush:

So, as telling myself I am going to start eating well and exercising hasn't worked at all, I am switching tactics. From now on, I am going to eat anything I want. Anytime. Anywhere. Just stuff my face with rubbish.

Let's see if that works!

:D

angeldelight
13-01-2009, 09:07 AM
:angry: It's all in my head. I was doing fine, making an effort to eat better when BAM, I said the 'd' word and somethng in my silly little brain clicked and now I am just being a ridiculous hog. For NO reason. Just because. Stupid things like having Wimpy for lunch on my own one day or having to kill after work waiting for school-aged mindees and grabbing some spicy potato wedges from local take-away. And I don't even want to think about how much Pepsi I'm drinking.:blush:

So, as telling myself I am going to start eating well and exercising hasn't worked at all, I am switching tactics. From now on, I am going to eat anything I want. Anytime. Anywhere. Just stuff my face with rubbish.

Let's see if that works!

:D

Oh come on Tatia you can do this

Try doing it slow and just cutting down a little every day first so its not so dramatic

I know you can do this we are all behind you

You cant stuff your face your going to get bigger and more unhappy

Angel xx

Chatterbox Childcare
13-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Keep going - it will all be worth it

Tatia
13-01-2009, 10:01 AM
You cant stuff your face your going to get bigger and more unhappy
Ssssh, don't tell my brain but I'm using what I call Bugs Bunny psychology - the old 'whatever you do, do not look in the briar patch' approach.

:laughing: