PDA

View Full Version : Maybe this is the one????

Ebs71
05-01-2009, 01:32 PM
After a quiet few weeks ive had another enquiry....... just hope this one turns up as the others never bothered. She sounds promising, 3 full days (for now) for 1 year old, she lives nearby, left her full name and number (doubt that means much though). I need help though girls, if she does turn up how do approach the big C word (contract) without sounding pushy for desperate? :eek:

Any help please ladies, how do you do go about it?

Thanks xx :)

chaotic_space
05-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Have your parent pack ready so you can look over and discus the contents at the first interview.

Then I send parents and carers off to think about it, tell them to look into other options and childminders and give them time to do so, usually a week. I tell them if I have another call in that time I will ring them back first and give them 1st refusal. It isn't a bad idea to let them know you are in demand (even if your not). Make sure they are aware that you wont keep the place open indefinately and if they want the place then they need to come back with in a specified time to write and sign contracts.

deeb66
05-01-2009, 01:57 PM
Have your parent pack ready so you can look over and discus the contents at the first interview.

Then I send parents and carers off to think about it, tell them to look into other options and childminders and give them time to do so, usually a week. I tell them if I have another call in that time I will ring them back first and give them 1st refusal. It isn't a bad idea to let them know you are in demand (even if your not). Make sure they are aware that you wont keep the place open indefinately and if they want the place then they need to come back with in a specified time to write and sign contracts.

Good advice.

I would definately give them a time limit that you would expect to hear back from them.

I also tell them that the space is not guaranteed or their's until they have signed a contract and have paid a deposit

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 06:31 PM
I agree with the others

Good luck keep us posted

Angel xx

breezy
05-01-2009, 07:30 PM
Good advice given already :)