PDA

View Full Version : Number of Children

snowbunny
05-01-2009, 12:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

Just a quickie really (sorry to bother you all AGAIN!) me and my partner are hoping to start a family of our own very soon and I'm wondering if I'm allowed say 3 kids under 5 will this reduce my numbers to 2? And I'm presuming I wouldn't be able to look after any other children under 1 if I had a baby?

I'm just slightly concerned if i get asked to look after a child under 1 and then have a baby myself would i have to tell the mindees parents to look somewhere else?

xx

rickysmiths
05-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Hi! Your total numbers would incl your own but if you have not started yet the chances are any new mindee will be well over a year by the time your baby arrives at that point you could only have youre baby as the under one but you can always ask for a variation to your reg from OFSTED if you need it.

Good luck!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Even if you had 2 under 1's Ofsted are more than likely to give you a variance as it will allow "continuty of care". This would also apply to going from 3 under 5 to 4 under 5.

deeb66
05-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Even if you had 2 under 1's Ofsted are more than likely to give you a variance as it will allow "continuty of care". This would also apply to going from 3 under 5 to 4 under 5.

This is more than likely the case.

A friend of mine was in the same situation but was given a variance as it was her own child (who came after) that put her over her numbers.