PDA

View Full Version : no show

emmadines
05-01-2009, 11:34 AM
ive been waiting for a mum to arrive this morning reg a placement meeting for her 2 month old. but after cleaning the house all evening(after removing the xmas decorations which always leave a mess behind)

well she didnt turn up:( I left it 1.5 hours) called to check she was ok as we have had some snow.

mum22
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
Oh no, hate it when that happens, hope she gets in contact soon

marion123
05-01-2009, 12:06 PM
i also hate it when that happens hope she calls you soon x

chaotic_space
05-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Alarm bells would be ringing in my head if she didn't even have the common courtesy to let you know.

I'm not sure I'd want a parent who has no manners placing her child with me.

Would you have gone out or changed your plans and not informed her? I don't think so.

rickysmiths
05-01-2009, 12:53 PM
I agree with Chaotic space alarm bells would be ringing. I would ring once to see if you can speak but if it goes to ans phone the chances are that is how they would behave and it really bugs me when people dont ans messages or their phones what if there was an emergency envolving their child? From experence tread carefully.

CCJD
05-01-2009, 12:55 PM
Chaotic space is not wrong. Whilst I've never had a no show before, I have had mum's be late and generally speaking those who were late for the first meeting then carried on being late for the whole placement. It's a pain for you as you could have been sat with your feet up on a Sunday night instead of house cleaning. Look at the positives : now your house is lovely and shiney after the mess of christmas. As for the placement, disappointing but it may well be a lucky escape from a mum who probably would have been quite a thoughtless parent to work for.

emmadines
05-01-2009, 02:05 PM
yeah I suppose your right, Im not overly fussed by not filling this space, (would have been nice to sit and do nothing for the last night of freedom lol but nevermind.)its always been there as" a just in case" type thing!

Chatterbox Childcare
05-01-2009, 02:06 PM
Don't like it when this happens as I feel like I have wasted my time. I am sure she will come back with a reason soon, if not she wasn't worth it and would have given you trouble.

Jules12Wed
05-01-2009, 02:40 PM
I had a parent come to see me and then she was due to come back the following week to sign contracts, in fact she lives just down the road. The night she was due to come and sign contracts she didn't show. I called her and her husband answered saying that she was bathing the boy, she was hugely apologetic that she had forgotten. Anyway she came the next night and brought me a bunch of flowers to apologise, they have turned out to be really thoughtful parents. So there may be a genuine reason for her no show, don't give up hope.

Mollymop
05-01-2009, 03:24 PM
I have had this happen to me once. I was a bit gutted as I really want to fill the space at the time. I was swearing to myself about her letting me down, then a few hours later she phoned to apologise for not ringing but she was working and had only realised once she was at work.

emmadines
05-01-2009, 05:29 PM
well so far I have heard nothing!! Im wondering wheather I should call her again?? even if its just to hear an excuse??

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 06:25 PM
well so far I have heard nothing!! Im wondering wheather I should call her again?? even if its just to hear an excuse??

If it were myself I would call her

Angel xx

marion123
05-01-2009, 08:00 PM
give her a call and see what she say