PDA

View Full Version : Doubting myself

Buzz Lightyear
04-01-2009, 11:04 PM
:panic: I've been working my way through my SEF ahead of New Providers coming on Tuesday, now I know they're not Ofsted and they dont make any decisions but basically, it's going to be a practice run of an inspection which initially, I thought was great. Now after working my way through my SEF, I'm not so sure :( Some of the questions I wasn't sure of the answer to, some of it didn't apply to me and some, I simply didn't know what I'd do as I'm not in that situation, i.e. planning activities for certain ages. Surely I'd do that as and when it happened? I dont really see the point in thinking about every possibility until I know what age children I will be looking after?? :huh:

:ohdear: So as the title says, I am doubting myself which is the first time ever since I started my training. I always felt so positive about all of this but now think what if Ofsted say no to me :crying:

Trouble
04-01-2009, 11:07 PM
dont be so hard on yourself, its new to all of us and they will know that:D

i did mine and my so called friend says its wrong, but she bought a book of the internet:angry:

Buzz Lightyear
04-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Hmm nice friend rascal!! :eek:

Just hope Ofsted are kind to us newbies, DH has just told me it's not a test which I guess he is right. Doesn't stop me being nervous though :panic:

Trouble
04-01-2009, 11:14 PM
ive only been doing it around three years and im dreading my insp, just be yourself and youll be fine, theres no point in worrying says she:D :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

im just doing what i think is right and if its not good enough tough:thumbsup: :clapping: :clapping: : nobody showed us how to do this job we learn as we go along and as long as kids are happy thats all that matters:thumbsup:

DCMS
04-01-2009, 11:23 PM
well said Rascal. Sometimes I think the kids get lost under all the rules and paperwork

Chatterbox Childcare
05-01-2009, 12:23 AM
Do they expect pre reg to evaluate themselves?

I thought you couldn't get a password to do it until you had an Ofsted number and you cannot get that until you have been accepted.

Everything is changing and it is making life hard. I would check with Ofsted tomorrow as you may not have to do it.

Buzz Lightyear
05-01-2009, 09:31 AM
The SEF is like a pre-evaluation of what you imagine you will do once you are minding. Apparently, it's something similar to what Ofsted will be asking me about, i.e. say I had three children, all different ages, what variation would I use to make sure each child's needs are met - or something to that effect.

In the guidence notes at the beginning, it says it is to be filled in although the inspector will not take it and it is purely used to get an idea on what the inspection will be like.

I got to a certaion point last night and just had to stop as I was getting myself worked up about it and only at my pre-reg stage. It's stooooopid!! :jump for joy:

angeldelight
05-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Pre-Reg is about them giving you advice and support and pointing you in the right direction they are there to guide you

I dont think you should doubt yourself at all and dont panic

You are doing your best so are showing that you understand everything so dont worry

Good luck let us know how it goes

Angel xx

nell57
05-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I know how you feel, I always get worked up in these situations, then kick my self after wondering why I was so worried in the first place.

Good luck for tomorrow, but I sure you dont need it you will be fine:)

mum22
05-01-2009, 11:23 AM
Dont doubt yourself, I bet after they have been you will be posting on here and be full of confidence and wondering why you spent all that time with the worry... as Angel says, they are there to offer support so be yourself and show and tell them all you will be doing and what your plans are and then let us know how you go :thumbsup:

marion123
05-01-2009, 12:10 PM
Dont doubt yourself, you will be fine and after its all done you will be wondering what all the fuss was about :)