PDA

View Full Version : HELP!!!!

donnadoo2004200
04-01-2009, 10:52 PM
Can anyone help. I was newly registered in Sep 08. I start my first 2 children tomorrow morning. I am registered for 3 children under 8, which I asked for when OFSTED came to visit. Over the christmas period I have had a few calls looking for childcare after school only. I would now like to do this but I am only registered for 3 which I already have (toddlers). Am I allowed to ask OFSTED if I can be registered for a couple more so I can collect children from school? Please has anyone done this before? Thanks

Trouble
04-01-2009, 10:54 PM
you should be able to have 3 under 5 and 6 under 8

is this what you have

donnadoo2004200
04-01-2009, 11:30 PM
No, I just have 3 under 8 not more than 1 under 1. I dont know what to do.

DCMS
04-01-2009, 11:39 PM
as above, its usually 6 under 8s. of which only 3 of those can be under 5 and of those 3 only 1 can be under 1. Are you sure you have it right, is that what it says on your certificate? you could give them a ring anyway to clarify

Annie_T
05-01-2009, 12:44 AM
as above ...

how many children do you have your self hun? (if any)

as this decreases your numbers if they under 8.

Chatterbox Childcare
05-01-2009, 12:55 AM
Including your own you can only have 6 under 8. Ofsted do not include your children when they produce your numbers and your certificate.

If you have had calls from over 8's you can take them in addition to the numbers on your certificate.

If your children do not need to be included in the under 8's I would contact Ofsted quickly and ask them why the numbers are low and how do you change them. They will them advise you which way to go.

Blaze
05-01-2009, 06:41 AM
As above (your own children & space are taken into consideration though), although it is not unheard of for inspectors to register new childminders for low numbers & increase to the afore mentioned amout either on request or after first inspection.:)

rickysmiths
05-01-2009, 11:46 AM
Numbers will also depend on space. used to live in a first floor three bed flat and I was only allowed 3 under8 incl my own. When we moved to the country 4.5 yrs ago to a 4 bed house my numbers went up to 6 under 8 3 of whom could be under 5 hope that helps. oh and of course you need to check which registers they have put you on to cover yourself for over 8 s

Good Luck

donnadoo2004200
05-01-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi everyone, I think I asked for 3 when I had my pre-reg didnt want to look greedy and I wasnt intending on picking children up from school. I think my house is ok its quite large 4 bed with registered garden and 2 bedrooms also and I only have one child living at home and he is 17yrs now so dosent count anyway. I think perhaps i will give them a call I should be due a visit soon anyway as I only started today. Just to let you know it was my first day childminding used to work in a bank for 15yrs so big change, anyway me and my 3 mindees had a great time, singing dancing and just getting to know each other and playing, I hope tomorrow brings the same. I think im going to enjoy this role.