PDA

View Full Version : eyfs long term plan

butterfly
04-01-2009, 07:46 PM
has anyone written a long term plan for how they are going to implement the eyfs principles throughout the year? if so please can you help me?!! i need some sort of starting point!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 07:49 PM
I have done a 2 year long term plan based on themes only

As the EYFS is based on individual children, I do my monthly plan a month before based on the children I have.

If I am reading your questions correctly (which after being on here all day I may not) are you asking for a long term plan with EYFS outcomes and if so, I don't see how it can be done.

Sorry to ramble.

sarah707
04-01-2009, 07:53 PM
I think I know what you mean...

Do you mean looking at the principles and saying how you intend to meet them through your long term planning...?

1.1 Child Development... aim to support each child by getting to know them really well & finding out what they enjoy doing;

1.2 Inclusive Practice ... plan a range of themed activiites that help children learn about our diverse society;

1.3 Keeping safe... ensure risk assessments are updated through the year; plan a range of activities to enable children to take safe risks.

That sort of thing? I've written it for one of my e-books :D

butterfly
04-01-2009, 08:26 PM
I think I know what you mean...

Do you mean looking at the principles and saying how you intend to meet them through your long term planning...?

1.1 Child Development... aim to support each child by getting to know them really well & finding out what they enjoy doing;

1.2 Inclusive Practice ... plan a range of themed activiites that help children learn about our diverse society;

1.3 Keeping safe... ensure risk assessments are updated through the year; plan a range of activities to enable children to take safe risks.

That sort of thing? I've written it for one of my e-books :D

that's exactly what i mean Sarah - thank goodness for you! which book is it and i'll go and buy it?!!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 08:28 PM
oops - sorry I read it wrong

hello kitty
05-01-2009, 09:58 PM
I've set mine out like this.

Feel free to crib. :D