PDA

View Full Version : Heuristic Play continuous provision?

butterfly
04-01-2009, 07:44 PM
I'm trying to write a continuous provision plan for heuristic play but I can only think of treasure baskets for resources - can anyone think of what else comes under this catagory? my mind's gone blank with all the work i've done today!!

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
That is what I thought of too. Why not google it or put it in activity village or other search engines and see what comes back.

Bet Sarah will be about soon and come up with loads!

gemhei
04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
Isnt heuristic play for older children after treasure baskets like sacks of things for eg a huge sack of match sticks, shells, balls etc. Thats what we got taught on our training on treasure baskets. Or am i thinking of completly the wrong thing?? :o

sarah707
04-01-2009, 07:57 PM
CP for Heuristic play would be about what items you put in your basket to meet the Eyfs.

So, if I used my CP list, I would think about...

Books - sensory; 'That's not my...' range; (CLL)

Construction - things that balance; small boxes that nest; (PD)

Cooking - spoons (various shapes & sizes); cups; (PSR&N)

Games - monkey puzzles out of metal or wood; necklaces or bracelets from beads or bamboo; (PD, CD)

ICT - things that make noises; things that open & close eg little pots / a zip; (KUW)

That sort of thing :D

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 09:23 PM
CP for Heuristic play would be about what items you put in your basket to meet the Eyfs.

So, if I used my CP list, I would think about...

Books - sensory; 'That's not my...' range; (CLL)

Construction - things that balance; small boxes that nest; (PD)

Cooking - spoons (various shapes & sizes); cups; (PSR&N)

Games - monkey puzzles out of metal or wood; necklaces or bracelets from beads or bamboo; (PD, CD)

ICT - things that make noises; things that open & close eg little pots / a zip; (KUW)

That sort of thing :D

Knew she would - thank you Sarah

bingo57
04-01-2009, 11:13 PM
My thinking is that heuristic play if for toddler's. In my heuristic play box I have thinks like dolly pegs, tin cans of various sizes, curtain rings metal/wood string of chains/ beads, wooden spoons, brushes, velcro rollers, large pebbles, kitchen towel holder, large plastic bottle etc.

Glynis.x