PDA

View Full Version : How Long???

Dotty
04-01-2009, 04:35 PM
Hi can anybody tell me roughly how long it was from your pre-reg Ofsted visit until receiving your certificate?

I had my visit just before Xmas and I know it will take a couple of weeks yet but would like to hear from anybody else how long this took.

Ta very much xx:thumbsup:

sarah707
04-01-2009, 04:53 PM
It depends on your medical checks and CRB - you haven't said if they are in the system or not.

CRBs can take anything up to 3 months unfortunately!

DCMS
04-01-2009, 05:39 PM
I had my visit on 29th July and received certificate 25th October (registration started 23rd October) But there was a problem with my medical stuff. First of all Ofsted requested further information which wasn't received by my GP. They then faxed and returned it but it seemed to get lost at the medical assessors! I was ringing Ofsted nearly every other day in the end they put a date on it saying assessors had to reach a decision by then. That seemed to work, although it did seem to take for ever x

sskent08
04-01-2009, 05:40 PM
hello

i had my pre-reg begining of October and was registered just before christmas

call ofsted and ask for the referance numbers for your CRB forms so you can track them on line.

my crb checks only took three weeks!

Bex1
04-01-2009, 06:29 PM
Hello

I had my pre-reg inspection on November 24th and my certificate arrived the week before christmas so not too long a wait for me. My health declaration and references were sent about a week after my application went off and when the Inspector attended my house she told me that health dec, references and social services checks were all ok and complete so I knew it was only crb that I would have to wait for.

Hope you receive your certificate soon.

Annie_T
04-01-2009, 06:43 PM
varys hun, depends if your checks go thru ok or not

i had pre reg visit in june (or was it july lol) and still waiting to be reg'ed (there prob with one of my ref's not getting paper work)

Mollymop
04-01-2009, 06:50 PM
I had my pre-reg on the first day of Feb last year. Received my certificae at the end of April, so it took me approx 3 months from pre-reg to recieving my certificate xx

don the duck
04-01-2009, 07:08 PM
i had my pre reg sept and was reg nov

Dotty
04-01-2009, 07:29 PM
thanks guys!!

I know the Ofsted lady said they have a deadline of 12 weeks from receipt of application - all medical checks are with them already and references - so hopefully not long now!!! Can't wait!!!! :laughing:

Annie_T
04-01-2009, 07:43 PM
never heard about a 12 week deadline ..ofsted never say anything when call them hmm

Dotty
04-01-2009, 07:47 PM
She definately said that there was a deadline . This was also mentioned when we did Unit 1 of the diploma and also our Family Info Service said so too!

That is why she went through our CRBs and IDs during the visit so that it would be dealt with quickly.

I will let you know when it comes through!!

Annie_T
04-01-2009, 07:50 PM
She definately said that there was a deadline . This was also mentioned when we did Unit 1 of the diploma and also our Family Info Service said so too!

That is why she went through our CRBs and IDs during the visit so that it would be dealt with quickly.

I will let you know when it comes through!!

they go thru id for crb's but they can vary in time length ..some people waited 12 weeks get them

i know when you do your icp test you have 2 years to reg ..

im :censored: then lol if there is but i think they would of told me if was as been in pre reg since july hmm i may have call find out i guess.

good luck anyhow hun x

Dotty
04-01-2009, 07:52 PM
Good luck to you too!!

I would give them a ring.

The woman might have got it wrong - I think they really don't know what they are doing and are learning new regs all the time with the EYFS. Perhaps they are making it up as they go along!! hee hee :p

Let me know what they say! ta x

LittleGems1970
27-01-2009, 11:09 AM
Hi, I started my DQP course in November, had Ofsted visit all med forms etc all sorted by the end of November and completed
paediatric first aid etc by December, CRB's sent 19 november......Im still waiting!!! 10 weeks and my hubbys came back after a week....complete!! I am constantly on the phone and tracking it online, its been on the last stage (before sending out) for 10 weeks!

I did everything all at once, my courses etc all before xmas so could start in January - no chance!

I might add also - I havent ever had any dealings with the police haha!! its not the longer it takes the more dodgy we are ;)

annie xx

mandysmonkeys
27-01-2009, 12:19 PM
My Pre reg was 30th July and I was registered on 31st October, it took 14 weeks from when they recieved my application form. CRB took 4 weeks and I was just waiting for social services check, Ofsted would not chase this up until I had been in the system for 12 weeks and when they did i was registered within the week.

LittleGems1970
27-01-2009, 05:50 PM
YAY!!!!:clapping:

Just tracked my CRB (only for the 5th time today!!!) its completed! I can't believe it, I had to look twice as was so used to seeing......in progress! after 10 weeks:mad:

Ofsted said as soon as I receive it I can call them and they can look look out for it as it gets sent 2 days after we receive it, then has to be signed/checked etc. as its been so long they will try and get it sorted as soon as!

Im soooooo happy - no more tracking. :laughing:

Annie xx

kez
27-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Had my vsist 6th januray, but my crbs wasnt recived until 16th january and both are now on stage 4 which they have been for a week now??? so not sure been waiting around 3 weeks now??? hopefulyl wont take longer then 4 weeks now x x x