PDA

View Full Version : FED UP

mushpea
04-01-2009, 04:17 PM
well thought i'd print a fresh set of policeys of my comuter for a new parent as i give them all a copy and they've all gone!!!! cant find them anywhere, i can only assume that me or one of the kids (mine) has accidently deleted the file, it also had my weekly attendence record and my permision forms on.:panic:
did have a couple of days off this week so now i guess i know what i will be doing on those 'days off':rolleyes:

mandy moo
04-01-2009, 04:21 PM
Im not sure wether to ask or not...... do you not have a back up copy of your files:o

breezy
04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
oh no, hope you've got a back up copy, if not can you ask parents you've given them to for policies back and scan them back in or copy them?

Good luck!

Hannahlg
04-01-2009, 04:27 PM
i save all the childmindering stuff and the nvq3 stuff on a memery stick which only i use

so watever happesn to the computer i know i wont lose my stuff

and its good aswell as if anyone turns my computer on there wont find anyhthing about the children

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 04:45 PM
Try searching in the search section off of the start button and hope that the files have just "moved".

Have you checked the recycle bin?

I back up everything of mine on an external hard drive and pen just to be save

sarah707
04-01-2009, 04:51 PM
My computer went a bit wonky the other day and it's made me research external drives.

I had a huge panic that I might lose everything and trying to remember when I last put my stuff on my memory stick.

Not a nice feeling I sympathise with you :(

sskent08
04-01-2009, 05:19 PM
hello

as some else said check your recyling bin

hope it is i their:panic:

mushpea
04-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Im not sure wether to ask or not...... do you not have a back up copy of your files:o

NO cant find the bloomin disk! no such luck:blush:

never mind, it has made me look over them again and review them so i think i will take this opportunity to refresh and re write them then i will do a back up on disc:rolleyes:

bubbly
04-01-2009, 06:41 PM
i save all the childmindering stuff and the nvq3 stuff on a memery stick which only i use

so watever happesn to the computer i know i wont lose my stuff

and its good aswell as if anyone turns my computer on there wont find anyhthing about the children

This is what I do.

Plus I've warned family members that if they touch the memory stick, they will die :laughing: :D