PDA

View Full Version : aaarggggghh

haribo
04-01-2009, 11:49 AM
sorry just feel so frustrated , ive got an after schooler and have always been quite flexible as to the days i have her(3 days aweek)and gradually this has become a case of me not knowing until the night before if im picking her up the next day. this is becoming a pain as i also have 2 18 months old who i like to get out and about. so my new year resolution is to be firmer with my parents hence ive just sent a nice text saying need to start planning etc and could they tell me what days they need this week .dad phones back saying oh hi yes well obviously -(his wife) and i will need to discuss our plans for the week and will get back to you later !! and i think i detected a touch of put outness (sorry cant think of better word lol) that i had dared pin him down and try and get an anwer! so im no better off and dont know what days im picking up yet and i bet ill have to ring back later too. i really am too soft ,the thing is theyrereally nice people in every other way so i find it hard to be confrontational with them .in the past ive turned round and said i cant do tomorrow sorry ive made plans but it doesnt faze them lol even tho they paid up cos they just pay me for 3 days whatever they need. doesnt sound to bad now ive wrote it down lol i think i just want to start the new year off knowing what im doing as evrything went pear shaped at the end of the last one and need to get back on track . sorry for such a long rant ha x

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 11:54 AM
As circumstances change and plans need to be made I would ask for a meeting with the parents as texts and emails can be so impersonal. Explain the reasons why you need to know as I am sure they will be more helpful.

sarah707
04-01-2009, 01:04 PM
I find after schoolers a bit like that.

One sometimes stays for tea and sometimes goes home before... one only comes when they need me...

Trouble is when you set them off like that it's tricky to change it :rolleyes:

mandy moo
04-01-2009, 04:36 PM
I have a similar sort of problem with one of my mindees.

Mums work apparently cant tell her what times she is working each week, untill the end of each month! does that make sense?

so I cant actually bill them their fees! :mad:

The parents give me a time table of what mums hours are at the beggining of each month and what they 'owe' me! It really is difficult, I cant call the shots and its my buisness..

I find it really frustrating and unfortunatly little one starts school full time next week so I will be losing money too, It is beggining to get to the point that I want to ask them to find alternative care so I can hopefully get a full timer:(