PDA

View Full Version : What is your hubby doing?

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2009, 06:02 PM
Am I the only one who runs around the house putting everything away, tidying up, making beds, doing the washing etc... whilst my other half enjoys the tv by himself???

If this isn't you how do you manage to get help?

The forum keeps my sanity in tact sometimes! :laughing:

marion123
03-01-2009, 06:05 PM
your house is just like mine i do everything and he just sits on sofa watch tv x

miffy
03-01-2009, 06:07 PM
Oh no don't think you're alone.

I am cooking the tea (and researching on here) whilst hubby is having a rest.

Should mention I have been helping in the charity shop all day too!

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2009, 06:08 PM
Why do we do it and more importantly, how do we stop?

ajs
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
monday to friday my hubby does nothing in the house and i keep it together but at the weekend
he cooks and i clear up and he sorts all of the washing in our room and i put away
we seem to be a good team together but the kids do absolutely nothing

this all works ok until he has a uni assignment then it's me doing everything and he does nothing other then sit in front of his computer
and me stomping around complaining that i never signed up for this

i must admit that while i work longer hours then my hubby he does commute three hours to and from london every day so his working day is more exhausting then mine

breezy
03-01-2009, 06:09 PM
my dh usually very good, BUT only when it suits him, I do everything whether it suits me or not!

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
monday to friday my hubby does nothing in the house and i keep it together but at the weekend
he cooks and i clear up and he sorts all of the washing in our room and i put away
we seem to be a good team together but the kids do absolutely nothing

this all works ok until he has a uni assignment then it's me doing everything and he does nothing other then sit in front of his computer
and me stomping around complaining that i never signed up for this

What happens when you have an assignment to do?

charleyfarley
03-01-2009, 06:11 PM
You are definately not alone.

I have had flu all week and in that time he has done some ironing, not all of it and took the tree down.

No other housework has been done though. He's even just asked me which part of the washing machine does the powder go in :panic: There's just no hope for some men.

Carol xx

ajs
What happens when you have an assignment to do?

oh i haven't signed up for any college courses yet i couldn't bear both of us studying

marion123
i always think what would my household do if i just sat in front on the tv all day the answer would be nothing and i would have more to do the next day so its easier if i just do it at least i know it done properly :laughing:

miss mopple
03-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Mine feeds me every night and keeps my alcohol levels topped up :laughing:

I am currently vegged out on the sofa ill and he's been out and done the shopping, cooked tea for the girls and is now doing homemade burgers and salad for us :D

He doesnt do much housework but thats fine with me as he doesnt do it properly anyway :laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Mine feeds me every night and keeps my alcohol levels topped up :laughing:

I am currently vegged out on the sofa ill and he's been out and done the shopping, cooked tea for the girls and is now doing homemade burgers and salad for us :D

He doesnt do much housework but thats fine with me as he doesnt do it properly anyway :laughing:

He has worked out how not to do it then!!!!

Hope you feel better soon

patevans
03-01-2009, 06:22 PM
I might as well stay single then :laughing: :laughing:

Monkey1
03-01-2009, 06:40 PM
Mine is the same! And when he does do something i'm ment to fall over myself thanking him!:rolleyes: I usually get..." look what i have done for you!"
Yeah Mate, and if i said that EVERY time i did something i would sound like a broken record!

Carol
03-01-2009, 06:47 PM
My dh likes the remote controls in his hand feet up on the poufee. He does clean the kitchen once a week sure thats all he thinks that it needs doing.......but while he is watching tv i am enjoying being on here :)
Forgot friday he does hoover up but never moves anything so usually hoovers around things and it takes him 2 mins so i know its not done properly its a 29 foot lounge....... He is now lying on settee watching footy while i am cooking, sorting bills out and chatting here :)

Carol

loocyloo
03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
watching tv whilst i look on here, catch up with emails, look at paperwork & the rest for starting back at work on monday! i have to get decembers accounts done too! ( it all there ... in a neat pile! just needs writing down! )

i am jumping up and down like a yo-yo, to look at the calendar/in my folders and files etc, and he just says ... ''just sit down'' !!!

he has had a moan today about the stuff i have got hidden away everywhere ... booster seats and potty that i am not using just this moment, but need closer to hand than the loft! not mention the toys living in spare room! DS didn't want the dressing up box or the trains in his room any more, no room in DD's room (plus, she has huge collection of 'precious' princess and fairy dressing up dresses, that aren't for sharing .... (yet!)

xxxxxxxx

Michelle M
03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I am rather lucky, my hubby is domesticated, he does the ironging, and polishing, and hoovers, I do hoover obviously before the mindees arrive. He cleans up the kitchen after tea, loads and unloads the dishwasher.

I look after the garden and allotment, and cook mainly.

:blush:

Tily Bud
03-01-2009, 07:54 PM
[quote=DebbieS26;298576]Am I the only one who runs around the house putting everything away, tidying up, making beds, doing the washing etc... whilst my other half enjoys the tv by himself??

Have you been to my house when i wasn't looking lol x:laughing:

chaotic_space
03-01-2009, 08:08 PM
My hubby is completely house trained. He does his share of all the chores and even does something I NEVER do........ironing. :)

Annie_T
03-01-2009, 08:09 PM
i do most the housework

but my fella does the cooking and sometimes bit house work .. he also feed the cats lol

today i put washing machine on, spent 4 hours ironing, unload wash machine then put clothes out to dry, then wash cat bowls, clean up spilt cat food then feed them, then wash up

while my fella palyed on the xbox :rolleyes:

Mollymop
03-01-2009, 08:14 PM
I do everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My hubby has washed the dishes only about 3 to 4 times since we moved in here, and that was over 2 years ago now! He used the hoover twice over the xmas holidays, only cos he was off work as was I, he had never used it before then.

He doesn't believe i work, as I am at home here in the day, so he thinks I must have an easy time of it.

It be honest ( I hoep I am not too soft) but I do feel for him as he works as a utlilites supervisor, he is out in cold working on the roads from 5.30 and doesn't get home til 6 at night. So i do everything in the week, no probs, no complaints.
But the weekend, if he is not working, a little help doesn't hurt him, does it?

But he has always been this way "housework is woman's work" he is so old fashioned like this, it dirves me mad!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fionamal
03-01-2009, 08:16 PM
Mine cooks and does the garden and thats it and occassionaly the shopping.

Im the type of person that likes to do things so i know its done properly.

chaotic_space
03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Oh..... I do all the gardening. Im rather territorial where my garden is concerned :cool:

he does the rest though....like I said before. Oh and he washes the car, I dont wash the car :)

loocyloo
03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
[QUOTE=Mollymop;298701]

He doesn't believe i work, as I am at home here in the day, so he thinks I must have an easy time of it.

QUOTE]

LOL, DH seems to think i do nothing all day too!

xxx

Ebs71
03-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Mine does bu**er all, goes to work, comes home and drops dirty clothes and towels anywhere he feels. he uses things or moves them but does put them back. i beg him to put things back away after he uses them or tidy up after himseklf as he goes along but he just tuts at me. he has never touched the house work, doesnt know how to use washing machine, dryer, vac, if im not in he rings his mum to come round but tells me he's done it but obviously she tells me the truth. ive no mindees at the moment so im out most days doing 12 hour shifts at a nursing home for elderly mentally ill (dementia) so im exhausted when i get home........... a cup of tea wouldnt go a miss..... he has never made me one in his life!!! come to think of it why am i with him???? :eek:

gemhei
03-01-2009, 10:45 PM
I do most things in the house. He will do something now and again but complains his friends wags put up and shut up :eek: . He does things wrong just to :censored: me off so i end up doing it myself. Trying to ask DS for help is like trying to fit a square shape in a circle hole in the shape sorter...impossible!

Nettynoo
03-01-2009, 11:11 PM
just thought I'd add that my hubby does diddley squat too and his nickname in our house is Arthur!!! 'Cos he only does arf a job(half a job!!) :))))
My New Years resolution is to be happy and that means hubby is out!!!!!!!:angry: :mad:

mum22
04-01-2009, 07:12 AM
My hubby is quite good at helping on w/end and will always cook sat night (kids to bed early and it is our night) in week his hours are too long so he just about walks in and straight to bed, but what annoys me is that i too work long hours each day and would occassionally like a lie in on a sat or sun but never do cos my dd and ds are still young and have no idea what a lie is haha but hubby "never" hears them waking - me thinks he does just pretends to sleep until i take them downstairs..... my new years wish is for one lie in a month ! which hubby has promised - lets see:rolleyes:

singlewiththree
04-01-2009, 08:21 AM
My husband WAS rubbish he was all work outside the house and then came and sat down at home. If he did do anything he held it against me forever and suddenly he always did it. Now he lives with his GF according to my girls he is always helping out, washing up etc :rolleyes: typical.

My BF lives in his own house but when he is here he helps out too, either playing with the girls so I can get jobs done or by helping out but I suppose we have only been together a year and we still live apart so its still the honeymoon period hehe

mandy moo
04-01-2009, 09:42 AM
My husband also works very hard.
He works for himself as a motor mechanic, and also does long hours 7.45am- till anywhere between 6.30 -8pm most nights, our two boys dont see much of him:( and saturdays mornings too, he doesnt get much time to himself.
Last summer he spent leveling out the back garden (back garden was up hill)and puting in borders round the edges made of train sleepers.
He does the decorating and mows the grass.
BUT that is all, no help in the home like washing his filthy oily work clothes, hanging towels up after hes used them, or even taking the dog and boys out.. that seems to be beyond him as for the hoovering, dishwasher or the few bits in the sink, anything like that well!! and when he has done it, it doesnt really get done properly..
soooo I end up doing it myself and then I know it gets done properley.
so I guess its my fault in a way, not getting him to do these things, and the fact, before I started childminding, I felt, that as I was at home that was my 'job'.
Im gonna get hard on him this year tho, my childminding money pays our food bills now, coz at the mo, hes not putting enough in the bank to pay for them.
so i'll start with that and see now it goes:)
sorry for the essay but it feels good to get it of yourchest everynow and then:laughing:

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
I'm glad I posted this - some of these replies have had me rolling around and at one stage my hubby left the sofa to see what was so funny but I wouldn't show him! Funny the volume has gone up now....

Keep them coming ladies, it is nice to know we are not alone.

I like the comment "he doesn't think I do anything all day". My hubby did manage to hoover the house the day before yesterday and was mortified that it needed doing again the next day. He also doesn't believe me that it gets done everyday when he isn't here, sometimes twice!

Men - can't live with them and can't live without them - I do ask WHY is this?:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DCMS
04-01-2009, 07:39 PM
Mine is in the bath and thinking he'll have an early night as he's back to work tomorrow. But that's because he does proper work!!! Me I'm ironing then will fill the dishwasher, tidy up and run the Hoover over. (trying not to wake him up of course) because I can always relax and have a bath tomorrow night!!

mollmoo
04-01-2009, 08:32 PM
He is watching Darts at the moment. :cool:

But to be very very truthful, he is one in a million, he has been runing round the house making sure its OFSTED Proof for my Inspection on Tuesday.

He's kept the DD's occupied why I have been going through my long term plans, sort out by SEF and generally flap like a headless chicken.

So I can honestly say my hubby is an :littleangel:

Kerry

PixiePetal
04-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Mine is snoring in the chair....no change there then!

He was up at 5.15 for work while I was still asleep and TBH it is sometimes easier to sort the house while he is otherwise occupied. ie asleep:thumbsup: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Noodles
04-01-2009, 08:49 PM
Well i must have the only man on the planet that helps me after reading this post.
He does washing and irons every morning.
Makes packed lunches
helps with tea and then does dishwasher before making me a cup of tea.
Baths little one( i put her to bed)
and wait for it................................................ .................................................. ........................Makes me breakfast in bed nearly every saturday and sunday:clapping: :clapping: .
Think i be holding on tight to him.

Today hes
made mine and little ones breakfast in bed( yes she is spoilt she has hers in bed too :laughing: )
Made numerous cups of tea and made my lunch
helped me get house back to normal for tomorrow
been to the tip
dropped off and picked one of our kids off at work
Made kids teas
done dishwasher
now hes on his xbox 360 but i think i will let him off with that

Chatterbox Childcare
04-01-2009, 09:10 PM
Well i must have the only man on the planet that helps me after reading this post.
Makes packed lunches
and wait for it................................................ .................................................. ........................Makes me breakfast in bed nearly every saturday and sunday:clapping: :clapping: .

Today hes
made mine and little ones breakfast in bed( yes she is spoilt she has hers in bed too :laughing: )
been to the tip
Made kids teas
done dishwasher

Perhaps we could all clone him like "Dolly the Sheep" - but I am first in line...

Chimps Childminding
04-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Mine does lots .................................................. ........... lots of sleeping, lots of watching football, cricket, darts or any other sport he can find on the tv, lots of playing poker on the computer (which stops me coming on the forum :angry: ) oh and what he is really good at!!!! ................... lots of delegating to our 4 boys when I finally blow my top and ask for help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:angry: :angry:

louise
04-01-2009, 10:07 PM
My DH helps out loads may not always be done right but he does. Since ds was born we have taken it in turns one puts ds to bed other does dinner, washing up and cleans away any mess. We both have a floor off the house to do a proper clean at the weekend. Must admit i normally shout at him as he is more interested in watching the tv and does a pansy job of downstairs.

I dont let him near the washing any more. I tried to teach him to iron clothes got more creases. Oh and if he hangs them out he twists them oh and he cant fold but he does help.

Loux

mandy moo
05-01-2009, 09:22 AM
Makes packed lunches

Today hes
been to the tip
Made kids teas
done dishwasher

oooohhh Im quite envious;)
Mine has finally gone back to work today, after me having a mini rant about the fact i put towards the house hold bills etc now!! and he cant expect me to do every thing etc etc
Not sure if any of that got through, or in one ear and out the other as per usual:(

LittleAcorns
05-01-2009, 03:42 PM
If I ask my hubby to do things around the house, he always does and if things are over due ie bath not been scrubbed for 3 weeks he'll see it and do it LOL only kidding about the 3 week bit yuk!!!! BUT with day to day stuff like washing ironing errrr nope the wash fairy does that or the hubby fairy IF the washing is finding its own path to the washing machine

we both had 2 weeks off over christmas, guess who did the washing, cooking blah blah

why cant we just have one day off a year..?? without having to ask?

chaotic_space
05-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Right now he's having a nap. I sent him out shopping today and it wore him out apparently lol

He's on holiday for another week (3 in all) so he can make himself useful! :p

sammy
06-01-2009, 12:37 AM
my hubby is really good, when he comes home from work he sorts out the little ones, baths them and puts them to bed, whilst i play with them inbetween and tidy up from the days mess.

if there are odd jobs that need doing or any other tidying up - i normally get a surge of energy at about 10pm, so i say to him come on help me out, lets get things sorted. Sometimes he does say why do you start to tidy up now, he doesnt realise ive been tidying up ALL evening too. But i normally jump on the computer for an hour after kids go to bed, then come to life after a few cups of tea!

He can annoy me though, as he doesnt always use hes own initiative, i have to tell him when to put them to bed, he would be happy to play with them til midnight!! And i have to tell him to brush there teeth properly if he does it etc, i am very fussy and sometimes i do wonder if i have OCD!! He does seem to do as hes told, which is how i like it. Definately the most helpful man i know.