PDA

View Full Version : !st year of Childminding, Completed!

MrsT333
03-01-2009, 09:33 AM
Thought I'd share this with you all, I have been childminding for a whole year!
I was registered in nov 07, but didnt have any children start until jan 08.

Although i was never told how demanding childminding is, i have enjoyed everyday (except maybe aday or 2 in the summer holiday:blush: ), I think the hardest part is your own family and the guilt i have felt over them not having much time with me on their own and having to share everything. I think it took me awhile to learn how to balance everything, but I dont think it helped giving birth my my 3rd child and going back to work when she was 5 weeks old :eek:

How long have people been minding for and any survival tips for year 2 will be appreciated!

nannysue
03-01-2009, 09:53 AM
Congratulatons on making it through the first year, still with your sanity and sense of humour intact ( i hope!!!) :clapping:

I think as you go through the years and gain more and more experience you also become more confident. Its definatly not the easiest job in the world but it has so many rewards. It helps to be able to talk to others (even if its just to have a good old moan) who understand what its all about.

Good Luck and keep up the good work:D

Banana
03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I will have been minding for 2 years on monday. However I am not in a merry place with it at the moment and doubt I will be seeing a 3rd year in... will see what happens.

Well done you on your first year!! x

nannysue
03-01-2009, 01:22 PM
Happy ????? Anniversary to you too Lana. Sorry to hear your news, if you fancy a chat/cuppa i'm not that far away :)

jaz
03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
I will have been minding for 2 years on monday. However I am not in a merry place with it at the moment and doubt I will be seeing a 3rd year in... will see what happens.

Well done you on your first year!! x

Oh Lana, sorry to hear that, although did think it was just me feeling that way. If you want to chat just pm me and maybe we can shift ourselves out of the doldrums together.

J
x

sarah707
03-01-2009, 01:40 PM
Oh Lana, I'm sorry! Anything I can do, you know where I am. xx

Congratulations Mrs T! I've been minding over 15 years now and it's still the best job in the world! :D

manjay
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I too was registered in Nov 07 but had children start straight away. It has it's ups and downs but on balance for me things are positive at the moment. Christmas has shown me that I do need to make more time for my own family which considering that was why I decided to do this work is quite funny really. I think I do way too much paperwork which I am going to cut down on. I love being at home and I think my ds has had a very different experience of growing up than my 2 older children who were in childcare from 4 months old. This job is giving me the opportunity to go back to studying which I never thought I would be able to do again. I am full and have 2 parents who are pregnant and making the right noises about going back to work so things are good for me right now, and my highlight? the Uni who pay me termly so I get a big fat wedge now and again:D

Sorry you are having a rough time Lana. Big hugs to you

Hope your 2nd year is good MrsT333 xxxxx

PixiePetal
03-01-2009, 02:39 PM
I have been minding for over 14 years.

So much has changed on the business side, luckily children have not ! :D

marion123
03-01-2009, 03:19 PM
Congratulations on your first year ive been doing it 15 years losts have changed of the years it will get easier :)

nannysue
03-01-2009, 03:27 PM
Imagine how much has changed in 30 yrs !!!!!!:eek: :laughing:

MrsT333
03-01-2009, 04:08 PM
Imagine how much has changed in 30 yrs !!!!!!:eek: :laughing:

Nannysue you should write a book...I'd love to hear your stories:thumbsup:

miffy
03-01-2009, 05:48 PM
Congratulations MrsT :clapping:

I will have been minding 20years in May :eek: and I'm still in touch with a lot of the children I've looked after over the years :)

Miffy xx

Carol
03-01-2009, 11:18 PM
Coming into my 22nd year.............still in touch with loads of the children I minded over the years..........strange some have their own kids now. Seen a lot of changes some good some bad but still enjoy my job xxx
Carol xx

mandy moo
04-01-2009, 10:13 AM
Nannysue you should write a book...I'd love to hear your stories:thumbsup:

How about

'Before and after Ofsted, I could teach them a thing or two':laughing: :laughing: