PDA

View Full Version : Tripple Buggy Advice/Wanted

jlbush280804
02-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Hi i need to buy a tripple buggy for a 10 month old a 18 month old and a 19 month old. Any idea's suggestions etc please as i know nothing about them. Ideally easy to push and go through door ways would be good. Thanks Jo

Flowerpot
03-01-2009, 11:26 AM
Hi there

I'm about to start looking after 3 under 2's and have bought a double pushchair (the front/back kind) which I got second hand, and I've also bought a Revelo Buggypod... Basically this is a seat which clips onto the side of most pushchairs and has it's own wheel (much like a sidecar!). I also got this second hand, but you can buy them new from about £80 from most of the well known online retailers.
The useful thing about this is that it folds flat against the side of the pushchair when not in use, which helps space-wise.

Hope this helps.
Flowerpot
x

tinkerbelle
03-01-2009, 06:10 PM
i bought a obaby triple from a shop on eay its quite light but you cant take it in to many shops iv also got a buggy bord for the back of it as iv got a variation for 4 under 5s (twins) so it gets used regulary

Chatterbox Childcare
03-01-2009, 06:17 PM
In my experience I would avoid the one in front of the other doubles as they are chunky and heavy.

I have tried different side by sides and say that the more you spend the better the value (if buying new). The more expensive ones have swivel wheels front and back which are a god send with hills and older heavier children.

My current one is a three wheeler that I have used from baby to 3 year olds but wouldn't want 2 three year olds in it. The wheels can be pumped up as the children get older and heavier. They can have punctures though.

Hope that helps

jeanybeany
03-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Hi I use a phil and teds sport with a buggypod attached to it (when I need a triple). I've only had this since October, but I think it's fab and hopefully will last years. It's handy because all the items allow me to convert from a single, or a double or a triple. It still goes through doorways and is quite compact when folded. Expensive new, but can get second hand ones that don't always work out too bad. May also save you having lots of different types of pushchairs about the place too!

Good luck choosing:)

brillminder
04-01-2009, 09:27 PM
i have an easy life double( love it) with a third seat that can be removed easily when not needed, do a search a this has came up before and i loaded a photo good luck

LittleStars
05-01-2009, 08:59 AM
I have this

http://www.lotsofbabies.com/page9aa.html

Its FAB.. narrow and light and lovely to push. Front seat clips on and off in seconds.

Love it!

LittleStars
05-01-2009, 09:00 AM
I also have a P&T with a buggyboard which I keep in the car for shorter journeys.

Jen x

Annie_T
05-01-2009, 09:59 AM
ebay have selection .. dont know if near you tho (just enter postcode and how many miles want travel ..look on left your see distance bar to ebter details)
http://baby.shop.ebay.co.uk/items/Pushchairs-Prams__W0QQType28035aZTwinsTriples2a72ee46QQ_catre fZ1QQ_dmptZUKQ5fBabyQ5fBabyTravelQ5fPushchairsQ5fG LQQ_flnZ1QQ_sacatZ66700QQ_ssovZ1QQ_trksidZp3286Q2e c0Q2em282

charleyfarley
05-01-2009, 10:46 AM
I have this

http://www.lotsofbabies.com/page9aa.html

Its FAB.. narrow and light and lovely to push. Front seat clips on and off in seconds.

Love it!

I was looking at that one but was told it was heavy by the shop, wished I hadn't listened to them now as I hate the pushchair I bought instead

Carol xx

LittleStars
05-01-2009, 11:43 AM
I was looking at that one but was told it was heavy by the shop, wished I hadn't listened to them now as I hate the pushchair I bought instead

Carol xx

No carol, not heavy at all....yes ok heavy to lift eg if you wanted to carry it up some stairs..but very very light to push...lighter than my P&T..I went out this morning with a 9mnths a 15mnths and a 3yrs for 1.5 hrs in it up over a railway bridge etc without any problems. Shouldn't have listened to shop lol What did you get instead??

Jen x

charleyfarley
05-01-2009, 12:02 PM
No carol, not heavy at all....yes ok heavy to lift eg if you wanted to carry it up some stairs..but very very light to push...lighter than my P&T..I went out this morning with a 9mnths a 15mnths and a 3yrs for 1.5 hrs in it up over a railway bridge etc without any problems. Shouldn't have listened to shop lol What did you get instead??

Jen x

Just a side by side Maclaren and a buggyboard in the end as I was fed up with looking. Wished I'd have got the jogger now though, perhaps they thought it would be heavy with 1 year, 2 year and 3 year old in it.

I'm looking at getting another tandem now as I'm fed up with not being able to get side by side through my front door, only got Maclaren August :laughing:

Carol xx

LittleStars
05-01-2009, 12:27 PM
The Maclarens are wide aren't they...I had one which wouldn't fit through my front door but the jogger does :)

I have had SO many buggies before I finally spent a fortune on my P&T and T3 so glad I did....its nice when you are finally happy with what you have.

Jen x

Mrs.L.C
05-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Has any one tried the Swiss Strolli Rider?
http://www.bebemio.com/swiss-strolli-rider-113-p.asp

PixiePetal
05-01-2009, 01:29 PM
Has any one tried the Swiss Strolli Rider?
http://www.bebemio.com/swiss-strolli-rider-113-p.asp

That looks really uncomfortable !

By the time a child could hold on reliably and safely they would be walking all the time anyway. A younger child could hardly relax and doze :laughing:

Just my thoughts, not actually used one. Maybe someone else could be more positive ?

Alibali
05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
I have the swiss strolli-rider and it was great for the child I used it for, however it doesn't have a harness so I added one.

That said, all the other children I have had since were too unsteady on it, so I think it depends on the child.

One good thing was the fact that as it is at the side unlike the buggy board you can still stand close to the buggy and protect your back!

carebear25
06-01-2009, 09:46 PM
i've already got a M&P's Twin Aria for 2 14mth olds and i cud possibly be needed for a further 14mth old. Any1 know if a buggy board wud fit this twin buggy or do I need to invest in a further pram.

Also any1 else look after 3 under 2's is it hard work am I lettin myself in for problems bein only just gettin registered.

LittleStars
08-01-2009, 06:21 PM
You can't fit a buggyboard easily to the twin aria as it doesn't have a center bar...you could poss fit a kiddyboard if it has a back axle but if I remember rightly it only has the brakebar...also they are very flimsy and if you managed to find one to fit Im pretty sure it would break your buggy.... sorry...maybe a buggypod would fit?

melanieabigail2004
08-01-2009, 06:23 PM
I've got an Easylife Double Sport with the extra toddler seat. Looks like a monster and heavy to pick up but not to push - it also gets you noticed - ALOT!

Mel

LittleStars
08-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Also any1 else look after 3 under 2's is it hard work am I lettin myself in for problems bein only just gettin registered.

I look after various little ones and have 3 non walkers all week 6m-20m and yes it can be very hard work...I love it but they keep you on your toes. eg 3 lots of nappies and keeping track of 3 at playgroups..you kind of get used to it though.

Jen

green puppy
22-01-2009, 07:16 PM
I ordered an Othello tandem, it weighs 10kg both seats recline(front seat not as much but enough) and it is similar in size to a standard stroller. Also the back seat is raised so the little one can see everything, although the back seat is not full sized my 12 month old and 14 month old mindees can sit comfortably in the back. I attached a buggy pod to the side to make it a triple, it was still easier to steer than my maclaren twin and much more compact.
ali

PixiePetal
23-01-2009, 12:17 PM
I am looking at a Jane twin two, you can add the 'surfer board' for a third child to stand on. Not sure what age I would use a board for though, don't need one at the mo - got 2 18 month and 2 3/4

Can't fit the one 'littlestars' has in my door, that's my bug bear. Got a side by side Maclaren which is fine otherwise.

balloon
23-01-2009, 01:54 PM
I just bought a maclaren side by side because I cannot get the baby into the back seat of my P&T when he's having a 'paddy' about going in the buggy (you know the thing where they arch their backs and scream at you....).

It's the maclaren twin triumph and it's narrower than the more expensive twin techno at 74cm wide (techno is 76cm). I just tried it through my front doorway and it fits! (it only arrived this morning). Now all I have to do it find out if a buggy board will fit for the 2 YO who is pretty good at walking but gets a bit tired at times.