PDA

View Full Version : family project?

butterfly
02-01-2009, 05:35 PM
any ideas for a project based around families? i'm thinking of doing this in march.

so far i've thought of:

mothering sunday
new siblings - one mindee will have a new baby sibling at end of feb
dolls house small world with family
animal families? - new lambs etc - visit to farm?

can't think of anything else!

miffy
02-01-2009, 05:49 PM
I just googled family theme crafts websites and there's loads. Here's a few to get you started

www.childfun.com/dev/index.php/activity-themes/people-house-home/240-family-activity-theme.html

www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/families.htm

www.preschoolrainbow.org/family-theme.htm

HTH's

Miffy xx

breezy
02-01-2009, 05:58 PM
that should keep you busy :)

butterfly
02-01-2009, 06:58 PM
I just googled family theme crafts websites and there's loads. Here's a few to get you started

www.childfun.com/dev/index.php/activity-themes/people-house-home/240-family-activity-theme.html

www.dltk-kids.com/crafts/miscellaneous/families.htm

www.preschoolrainbow.org/family-theme.htm

HTH's

Miffy xx
thamks there are some lovely ideas!

Lottie
02-01-2009, 07:18 PM
Ooh I am doing a family theme in November.... :D. Yes I have been good and done my yearly planning! I may nick a few idea's from these links myself. :thumbsup:

littletreasures
02-01-2009, 07:22 PM
We got a big piece of paper and did their family tree. They really enjoyed talking about their extended family - Aunties, Uncles, Cousins as well

butterfly
02-01-2009, 07:28 PM
sounds great! any ideas what to do with little ones aged 15, 16 and 17 mths?

PixiePetal
02-01-2009, 07:56 PM
I had a mindee draw pics of his family (and friends) A5 size paper and made a book. Pics of family car too!:D :thumbsup:

marion123
02-01-2009, 09:59 PM
i sure there was a post on here not so long ago about family trees you use a picture of the family member and put it in side the tree cant remember where i saw it i could of been on the pictures it was very good as i did it with the mindees :)

miffy
03-01-2009, 08:15 AM
i sure there was a post on here not so long ago about family trees you use a picture of the family member and put it in side the tree cant remember where i saw it i could of been on the pictures it was very good as i did it with the mindees :)

I did that too - just asked parents for a few family photos, drew and cut out a tree shape, let mindees colour it in then cut out photos and stick on tree shape. They all loved doing it

Miffy xx

hello kitty
03-01-2009, 09:38 AM
When I went on my Inclusion course I was told to ensure I mentioned every family type including same gender parents, single parent families, adopted and trans.

Failure to include every grouping could lead to a complaint. My course tutor mentioned cases where certain groupings had been omitted and some of the parents complained because they were from those groupings!

Just a thought!!

singlewiththree
04-01-2009, 08:18 AM
When I went on my Inclusion course I was told to ensure I mentioned every family type including same gender parents, single parent families, adopted and trans.

Failure to include every grouping could lead to a complaint. My course tutor mentioned cases where certain groupings had been omitted and some of the parents complained because they were from those groupings!

Just a thought!!

I know the boy I'm going to be minding has no contact with his dad so I was going to do a tree and just put everyone in it randomly labelled to kind of avoid the issue of it standing out that he doesn't have contact with his dad and from the avoidance of the issue I dont think mum would appreciate me asking for a photo of him.