PDA

View Full Version : Giving up your jobs.

cuddlybunny38
25-01-2008, 04:18 PM
Hi I am in the process of starting to register, did my 1st dhc yesterday, what I like to ask though is I have noticed that people once registered give up there present jobs ready for minding, Do you have to? Is it possible to stay in your present job until you get mindees? Do Ofsted require you to give up work? just wonered. Sharon

kaz1501
25-01-2008, 04:29 PM
Hi Sharon & welcome :)

I have just registered, litterally this week! I did plan to keep working part-time as well as childminding but now everything is done I want to give it 100% However I have asked my employer to keep me on their supply staff list incase times get tough financially.

As far as I am aware this is ok it's just when it's time for self assessments for the tax man you have more than one income to declare. When I did the ICP course there was a lady who works as a nurse and childminds during the school holidays only so it must be ok.

Hope that helps a little. Good luck going thru the process :thumbsup:

Karen

http://brightstarcm.tripod.com/

sarah707
25-01-2008, 04:56 PM
Hi Sharon and welcome!

It's your business, you will be self employed and you make your own rules - lots of people have other jobs... in fact there's a thread knocking about at the moment talking about just that...

Good luck with the registration process! Talk soon x:D

Fee
25-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I still work at a pub on weekends, haven't enough mindees yet.
It has got nothing to with ofsted unless it interferes with minding.

Fee

charleyfarley
25-01-2008, 05:54 PM
Hi ya Sharon

When I first registered I gave up my job as soon as I got my first mindee although I did actually take on a part time in a pub as a back up incase mindingdidn't take off.

I lasted about 4 weeks at the pub, didn't need it.

Carol xx

kelly76x
25-01-2008, 06:59 PM
hi i gave up way to soon lol i was so excited so i finished as soon as my icp was finished that was 1st June but unfortunatly i dident get my certificate until November i did not realise how long the process would take and hadent found this great forum to ask lol. my friend on the other hand did the course with me decided to continue working even after registered whilst advertising when she found a mindee she handed her notice in and everythings going great for her :angry: lol only joking am happy for her really. my advice would be to hang in there until at least your cert arrives. good luck x

Rubybubbles
26-01-2008, 01:18 PM
I worked part time for 18 months when I first got reg, it more effects your tax than childminding (but thats another challange in its self

cuddlybunny38
26-01-2008, 05:21 PM
Thanks for replies, I used to mind 3 years ago and I was a minder for 14 years but things were different then not so strict, it was just coming in part of the reason I left. I am going back into minding now with my daughter due to stress at work and I have had enough. The reason I asked the question was I will have to work till I have a mindee as I need the money so just wondered what others did and what was right.Sharon

Twinkles
26-01-2008, 05:29 PM
Good luck with starting again, a lot of us have part-time jobs until we get enough mindees. The rules and regulations are ridiculous now but made even worse by the fact that they seem to be open to interpretation by whoever is inspecting you.
Anyway good luck again I'm sure you will enjoy it. :)

Mollymop
26-01-2008, 09:39 PM
Good luck with everything, I hope it goes ok.
I am going to try and keep my part time evening job when I start minding if I can as you never know when it's going to go quiet so I will be able to have a little bit of my own money coming into the house if need be.

angeldelight
27-01-2008, 01:50 PM
Good luck with everything

Angel xx