PDA

View Full Version : several short questions - can anyone help?

butterfly
01-01-2009, 08:50 PM
hi sorry - my mind'd been all over the place this holiday as i'm sure i'll be inspected in the next 3 months and want to get everything right!

I just have a few short questions which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with!

Here we go...

1. each week we go to coffee mornings which are held at different people's house including my own - should i fill in a risk assessment for each person's house or should i fill in one risk assessment covering all possible risks for coffee mornings?

2. i sometimes cook big meals and then freeze baby portions for use the next week. i reheat them in the microwave - should i be checking the temp of the reheated food and if so what temp should it be?

3. is it safe to cook, freeze and reheat pasta and rice?

4. i'm filling out continuous provision sheets describing all my CP areas giving eyfs learning areas covered and resources i have as instructed by Sarah Nev! Should i include school runs as part of my outings CP or should i complete a seperate one for this? I'm eager to show the different sorts of things we can do along the school run proving that it's a learning opportunity not just a route march to school and back!

5. i've seen adverts on the tv recently for filling in your tax form and submitting it soon. is this for earnings from april '07-'08 or '08-'09? actually that's a stupid question as we haven't finished the '08-'09 tax year! i'm just checking whether it affects me seeing as i didn't start minding until july '08.

thank you so much for helping me! i'm glad of any answers as i want to get straight! i'm afraid they will probably ve more over the next few weeks!

FizzysFriends
01-01-2009, 08:52 PM
I can only answer the tax return one and it was last years. You wont get the form (or a bit of paper telling you to do it online if usually do it online) until in/after April.

Wiggly
01-01-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm no expert but would have thought you need a risk assessment for each coffee morning venue as all houses are different with different risks/dangers???

I'm sure someone will be along to answer all your questions.

Wiggly
x

Mrs.L.C
01-01-2009, 09:54 PM
hi sorry - my mind'd been all over the place this holiday as i'm sure i'll be inspected in the next 3 months and want to get everything right!

I just have a few short questions which I'm hoping someone will be able to help me with!

Here we go...

1. each week we go to coffee mornings which are held at different people's house including my own - should i fill in a risk assessment for each person's house or should i fill in one risk assessment covering all possible risks for coffee mornings? I would do one for each house as there will be dif risks

2. i sometimes cook big meals and then freeze baby portions for use the next week. i reheat them in the microwave - should i be checking the temp of the reheated food and if so what temp should it be? Yes you should check it with a temp prob (dont think they cost much) but I cant remember to what temperature but im sure it will be online somewhere iv got 67 in my head for some reason

3. is it safe to cook, freeze and reheat pasta and rice? as long as you cool it quickly (less than 20 mins) and heat it up enough, it should be ok but its usualy goes stodgy

4. i'm filling out continuous provision sheets describing all my CP areas giving eyfs learning areas covered and resources i have as instructed by Sarah Nev! Should i include school runs as part of my outings CP or should i complete a seperate one for this? I'm eager to show the different sorts of things we can do along the school run proving that it's a learning opportunity not just a route march to school and back!

5. i've seen adverts on the tv recently for filling in your tax form and submitting it soon. is this for earnings from april '07-'08 or '08-'09? actually that's a stupid question as we haven't finished the '08-'09 tax year! i'm just checking whether it affects me seeing as i didn't start minding until july '08. its for april 07- april 08 so no i shouldnt effect you

thank you so much for helping me! i'm glad of any answers as i want to get straight! i'm afraid they will probably ve more over the next few weeks!

Hope that helps a little

balloon
02-01-2009, 09:53 AM
hi sorry - my mind'd been all over the place this holiday as i'm sure i'll be inspected in the next 3 months and want to get everything right! Me too and I'm petrified!

Here we go...

1. each week we go to coffee mornings which are held at different people's house including my own - should i fill in a risk assessment for each person's house or should i fill in one risk assessment covering all possible risks for coffee mornings?

2. i sometimes cook big meals and then freeze baby portions for use the next week. i reheat them in the microwave - should i be checking the temp of the reheated food and if so what temp should it be? Yes you should be checking temps, food should be reheated to at least 75 degrees C (82 degrees C in Scotland I think)

Rice contains Bacillus cereus spores which multiply at room temp and can cause food poisoning, the longer the rice is at room temp the more bacteria it can contain. Reheating rice, even at high temps does not kill this bacteria. FSA recommend not reheating rice and to eat it asap after it has been cooked.

5. i've seen adverts on the tv recently for filling in your tax form and submitting it soon. is this for earnings from april '07-'08 or '08-'09? actually that's a stupid question as we haven't finished the '08-'09 tax year! i'm just checking whether it affects me seeing as i didn't start minding until july '08.
I am wondering about his too as I have heard nothing from the tax office about my tax (reg'd aug 08)

Hope that helps.

sarah707
02-01-2009, 09:54 AM

Here we go...

I would do one and maybe have a bit at the bottom to show the different houses and anything specific to that house.

2. i sometimes cook big meals and then freeze baby portions for use the next week. i reheat them in the microwave - should i be checking the temp of the reheated food and if so what temp should it be?

75c minimum... yes you should be checking it, but not for Ofsted, it's a Food Hygiene concern.

The chef says pasta is fine but you have to be very careful with rice. It must be cooled really quickly and refrigerated asap. You should never eat luke warm rice in a restaurant either...

You can do school runs for CP yes... tbh I hadn't thought of them :blush:

That's last year like the others have said

Sounds like you're nearly there! :D

Mrs.L.C
02-01-2009, 11:47 AM
The tax concern- If you registered after April 5th 08 you wont hear anything until April/May/June this year. If you havnt had a self assessment pack in the post by end of June, contact inland revenue.

Im assuming you have informed them that you are now self employed etc for national insurance purposes?

butterfly
02-01-2009, 02:14 PM
The tax concern- If you registered after April 5th 08 you wont hear anything until April/May/June this year. If you havnt had a self assessment pack in the post by end of June, contact inland revenue.

Im assuming you have informed them that you are now self employed etc for national insurance purposes?

yes i have and am now paying my ni however they haven't sent me a unique PAYE ref which the tax credits people are asking for.

thanks for everyone's help!

Mrs.L.C
02-01-2009, 05:10 PM
yes i have and am now paying my ni however they haven't sent me a unique PAYE ref which the tax credits people are asking for.

thanks for everyone's help!

You should get this with your tax self assessment form. You maybe able to phone inland revenue and ask for it before then. It is also on any letters from the inland revenue