PDA

View Full Version : Buggys Business

don the duck
01-01-2009, 04:00 PM
As a childminder ur always after certain strollers and dont want to pay to much but want quality too

Well since been looking for a stroller myself and been on a budget, its been hard.

Well hubby is a carpenter and loves taking things apart and putting them back today

We have came ui[p with a little business,,,

buyin pushchairs and re conditioning them and selling them on at very low price...

Im very particular when its comes to quality (mom says im to fussy) so everything sold will be at the best standard for second hand and i would be proud and happy to walk down the street with a stroller we d be selling

So if ur looking for a certain one, and have a bugdet let us know.... and ill see what we can do..

Its great for all us childminders out there looking for good quality deals and i get to do what i love buy pushchairs, test them out to.

Chatterbox Childcare
01-01-2009, 04:04 PM
What a fab idea. Good luck with it.

crazybones
01-01-2009, 04:04 PM
Sounds fantastic. Best of luck and I will definitely let you know next time I am looking to replace one of mine. :thumbsup:

don the duck
01-01-2009, 04:10 PM
thanks...:thumbsup:

brillminder
01-01-2009, 05:02 PM
good idea u get to try them too :)

FizzysFriends
01-01-2009, 05:26 PM
What sort of reconditioning would you be doing on them?

Blaze
01-01-2009, 05:46 PM
Don't want to rain on your parade because in theory it's a great idea, but in practice I'm not sure it would work...things have to be tested to a industry standard, ec regulations etc...also there is liability to consider what if one of your modified pushchairs broke & an injury occured you could be sued! Also as childminders we have to be highly aware of the safety of products ie tested to ec/british safety standards or we could be sued also, so you can't really market to childminders....I know we all buy second hand, but if you are not approved by the manufacturer to recondition, you will invalidate the outstanding safety tests done on the product IYSWIM? Sorry, as I said in theory it's a wonderful idea....

don the duck
01-01-2009, 09:01 PM
What sort of reconditioning would you be doing on them?

it wouldnt be to much just more of cleaning them up, adding rain covers if not with them...

we wouldnt be taking them to pieces and putting them back. Just general work what we all would do to sell a buggy

Blaze
02-01-2009, 04:51 PM
it wouldnt be to much just more of cleaning them up, adding rain covers if not with them...

we wouldnt be taking them to pieces and putting them back. Just general work what we all would do to sell a buggy

Oh...sorry misunderstood!:blush: In that case may 2009 be profitable for you!:thumbsup:

don the duck
02-01-2009, 08:43 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Oh...sorry misunderstood!:blush: In that case may 2009 be profitable for you!:thumbsup:

thats ok.. i know where ur coming from, my message can be mis understood.
Thanks..

brillminder
04-01-2009, 09:30 PM
i have used shower type mould removing spray on buggies before ( But it contains bleach ) But may be of interest to others to :) good luck

pumpkin123
20-01-2009, 12:30 PM
HI DONNA,

I AM LOOKING FOR A PHIL AND TED DOUBLE (WITH A COCOON) PUSHCHAIR. HAVE YOU GOT ONE AVAILABLE?. IF SO, HOW MUCH WOULD IT COST ME?

MANY THANKS!

LISA

don the duck
22-01-2009, 08:50 AM
we havent at the moment will look around for u if not already got one.

Pm me what u are willing to pay for one and we will see what oi can do. and a time scale please.

all pm u.

nikki13
03-02-2009, 04:15 PM
looking for a double buggy but it must fold small i drive a zafira so with all seats up i have a very small boot and even smaller budget can you help:jump for joy:

Jules12Wed
03-02-2009, 04:44 PM
Where are you based I am looking for a small umbrella fold buggy but only if you live fairly close cos of posting costs.