PDA

View Full Version : chances of a variation?

DCS
31-12-2008, 02:59 PM
I have had lot's on intrest in the last few days :clapping:, thus may need to get a variation.

currently reg'd for 3 from ey group.

would like one extra, from over 5's group.

Do you think this should be a reletively 'easy' variation request?

Thanks in advance of your comments.

sarah707
31-12-2008, 03:17 PM
I would think if your house is big enough then it wouldn't be a problem.

I'd put together a letter now and send it Monday... fingers crossed! :D

Jules12Wed
31-12-2008, 03:25 PM
I have just put in for a variation request along the same lines. I emailed them, waited two weeks before calling. I called Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Eventually someone got back to me on the Wednesday and said that it would be fine but at the same time they would do my inspection and would be with me on Monday (8th December)!! I explained that it was Christmas party at toddler group so she said Tuesday, I said same thing. She said she would call back later, she called back at 5.10 p.m. and said that the variation request was fine and that my inspection would not be the next week but would be next year or the year after!!!!. So all in all it took just over three weeks to get my variation request but I guess I could have chased them sooner.

DCS
31-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I have just put in for a variation request along the same lines. I emailed them, waited two weeks before calling. I called Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. Eventually someone got back to me on the Wednesday and said that it would be fine but at the same time they would do my inspection and would be with me on Monday (8th December)!! I explained that it was Christmas party at toddler group so she said Tuesday, I said same thing. She said she would call back later, she called back at 5.10 p.m. and said that the variation request was fine and that my inspection would not be the next week but would be next year or the year after!!!!. So all in all it took just over three weeks to get my variation request but I guess I could have chased them sooner.

Did you go into minute detail about name, ages ect of children already in your care? I'm drafted my letter now and haven't done so as my inspection was 2 months ago and new cert states im allowed 3 from ey group, thus showing i'm able to meet their needs (buggys, high chairs etc).

Im writing how a fourth child over 5 would compliement/fit with the younger ones/ how I can cope/provide/meet the needs of child 4.

Am I on the right track?

Jules12Wed
31-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Did you go into minute detail about name, ages ect of children already in your care? I'm drafted my letter now and haven't done so as my inspection was 2 months ago and new cert states im allowed 3 from ey group, thus showing i'm able to meet their needs (buggys, high chairs etc).

Im writing how a fourth child over 5 would compliement/fit with the younger ones/ how I can cope/provide/meet the needs of child 4.

Am I on the right track?

Mine was so that a child I currently have two days a week from January I need to have five days a week as the other childminder is giving up. I emailed and then later that day I got a phone call for them to ask me some further questions as to ages of children etc. didn't ask about highchairs etc cos child is 6 so all of those things wouldn't matter.