PDA

View Full Version : 8 yr olds

samw
25-01-2008, 02:02 PM
Right, Im having a really dumb week. Are 8yr olds included in your numbers or not? I have a mindee who is 8 now and 9 in March, is she included or not?

Sam x

Tily Bud
25-01-2008, 02:06 PM
No i dont think they are included in your minding numbers but they will be included in your total numbers for insurance .

Also the amount of over 8's you care for should not negatively effect the care of the under 8's.

sarah707
25-01-2008, 02:07 PM
Cheryl is right :D

chubbymummy
25-01-2008, 02:16 PM
as above:thumbsup:

samw
25-01-2008, 02:17 PM
I only have one 8yr old and wont be taking anymore so think I will be ok on that front. Thanks for the advice!

Another question, will Ofsted allow me to have 3 under 5s if two of them are in full time education? I presently have a 17 month old and should have a 3yr old starting with me Monday, just for after school pick up. Ive also been asked to have another 3yr old who is in full time ed along with his 5yr old sister before and after school. Their poor mum called me again this morning nearly in tears as she desperately needs someone to have them but cant find anyone. Mu reg cert days no more than 5 under 8s of these not more than 2 can be under 5, do Ofsted make exceptions if you ring and ask? Ive got a feeling the answer is no as I have a 3yr old daughter myself!

Sam x

Raggydolls
25-01-2008, 02:24 PM
im so pleased my son is 9 and doesnt have any effect on my numbers so i should always know where i stand

leanne
xx

sarah707
25-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Hi Sam I would write it all down and put it in an email to Ofsted... they will give you some incomprehensible and totally useless reply but at least you will be able to quote this to the parent... who might be able to make sense of it all...

Alternatively they might refer you to the standards...

Or... they might give you a variation if you ask very nicely and say how you intend to look after that amount of children safely...:D

Just in case anyone was wondering, Ofsted are not my current best friends :cool: See poster thread...

samw
25-01-2008, 02:31 PM
Thanks Sarah.

Im only having the initial 3yr old, from 3-4pm 3 days a week, so it seems a shame for the other to miss a place as by the time we've walked home from school it is 4pm so his mum will probably be waiting for him when we get back. It sounds awful but Im beginning to regret agreeing to have him for her as it is really messing me up, having said that she hasnt even rang me this week to bring him to visit and get to know me and no papers have been signed either! So maybe I wont have a problem after all.

(It doesnt take me a full hour to walk home, I have to pick the other kids up at 3.20pm!)

Sam x

sarah707
25-01-2008, 02:34 PM
:eek: You're missing out on 5 days a week with 2 children for 3 days a week (total of 3 hours work) with one child!

I would have a re-think if I were you!! :D

samw
25-01-2008, 02:39 PM
I know but I cant get hold of the mother as she has only ever really spoken to me at the school and when she rang she withheld her number. If I dont hear from her by the end of today Im going to have to tell her the place has gone I think. I left a message for her with the school today.

How to I put it to her that Im reconsidering so late? Cus I will be letting her down now.

Oh god what have I got myself into? :panic:

Sam x

katickles
25-01-2008, 03:23 PM
I agree with Sarah, 3 hours isn't worth it. She hasn't been in touch or signed contracts so not really alot you can do. Cross your fingers she doesn't get in touch (Its not often you hear anyone saying that:laughing: )

x

buildingblocks
25-01-2008, 04:22 PM
If she hasn't signed contracts you don't owe her anything remember that (sounds harsh I know)

samw
25-01-2008, 05:20 PM
Well, I left her a message with the school asking her to call me as I need to arrange the paperwork. The phone rang about 4.00pm, I didnt get to answer it in time so did the old 1471 and re-rang the number. No answer, I can only assume it is her as its a number I dont recognise. She didnt answer the phone when I called back (twice) so if I dont hear from her by the end of today Im giving the place to the other lady. I cant sit around waiting for her Im afraid.

Sam x

sarah707
25-01-2008, 05:43 PM
I'm watching the clock for you now Sam!! :D

samw
25-01-2008, 05:44 PM
Me too. Im off out for tea in about half an hour so she needs to leave me a message really otherwise Im going to assume shes not bothering anymore. Tick Tock!!

Sam

samw
28-01-2008, 09:27 AM
She rang!!!!! So as of today I am collecting her little boy. He seems really sweet. I was panicking that I wouldnt be able to have the other kids I was asked to have but R who I am collecting from today is actually 4yrs not 3 as I thought so am I able to class him as a "rising 5" and take on the other 3yr old and his 5yr old sister?

Sam x

Rubybubbles
28-01-2008, 08:15 PM
She rang!!!!! So as of today I am collecting her little boy. He seems really sweet. I was panicking that I wouldnt be able to have the other kids I was asked to have but R who I am collecting from today is actually 4yrs not 3 as I thought so am I able to class him as a "rising 5" and take on the other 3yr old and his 5yr old sister?

Sam x

so how many will you have?

4yrs (as 5-8) x1
3 yrs (under 5)x1
5 yrs ( 5-8)x1

Can't see why thats would be a problem