PDA

View Full Version : My NCMA insurance runs out on 6th Jan and

Tily Bud
30-12-2008, 10:42 PM
I really cant make up my mind whether to change to Morton Michel :idea:

It seems such a big step, Im not sure what I would do about contracts whether I would buy from MM or make my own or continue to use NCMA ones ( which would obviously be more expensive if i changed to MM )

Decisions, Decisions lol xx

It has taken me such a long time to get to grips with the ncma paperwork , I dont know if I would struggle with the MM paperwork, would it look as professional ? do the do accounts books ?

I really cant afford to spend any extra money at the moment and obviously MM is cheaper :rolleyes:

I know there has been such a lot on here about this recently but I am still so undecided and confused xx

LittleAcorns
30-12-2008, 11:30 PM
Ive never used Ncma but have just bought the new MM box set I personally thinks its all very well done, wouldnt be without it, it cost me around £130 for my box set (half price as I renewed my insurance)then I bought extra contracts (you get 6 in a pack) as I have 11 kids on my books,

they are very professional, and do expences

heres a list of what I have

CHILD RELATED FILE.....
Contacts
Attendance register
Child records
long term medication treatment
short term medication treatment
accident/incident
existing injury

BUSINESS RELATED FILE
Monthly planner
Financial records - income
Financial records - expenses
Financial records - annual calculator
receipts
policies and procedures
childminding contracts
cause for concern records

hth :D

Tily Bud
30-12-2008, 11:38 PM
sounds good, but at the moment i would only be changing the insurance x do you know if i would be able to carry on using my ncma paperwork, accounts and accident books until they are finished ?

LittleAcorns
30-12-2008, 11:48 PM
not sure but I think you can use any contract, even your own with MM insurance

Monkey1
31-12-2008, 08:08 AM
I changed a year ago....best thing i did

bingo57
31-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I think that providing you have insurance(which is a must) you can use any paper work you want?

Glynis.x

Tily Bud
02-01-2009, 01:09 PM
I think I might go for it, cost being the main factor:D

Will use up my ncma paperwork then might create my own contracts. Do you think it will look as professional using my own if i use mcma's as a guideline ?

sarah707
02-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I think I might go for it, cost being the main factor:D

Will use up my ncma paperwork then might create my own contracts. Do you think it will look as professional using my own if i use mcma's as a guideline ?

Absolutely! No reason why not :D

Tily Bud
02-01-2009, 01:14 PM
Thanks Sarah x

I get so unsure of myself at times, I think its with all the probs I've had last year its really knocked my confidence xx

manjay
02-01-2009, 01:25 PM
We renewed with NCMA again this year. The main reason being that I only just remembered a week before it ran out. Cost wise it wasn't much difference for us as we could get a discount from NCMA for 2 minders working from the same premises. However by the time next year comes round I will definitely look at changing

Let us know what you think Tily Bud

Angela234
02-01-2009, 05:26 PM
I FORGOT ABOUT MINE LAST MONTH ncma RANG TO REMIND IT RAN OUT THE DAY BEFORE I SAID SORRY I'M GOING WITH MM DONE IT ONLINE I WAS WITH MM FOR MY FIRST COUPLE YEARS OF MINDING. I DON'T SEE THE BENIFIT OF PAYING THE EXTRA TO NCMA

ANGELA (SORRY LEFT CAP ON)

Chatterbox Childcare
02-01-2009, 05:32 PM
I was with NCMA and then MM but MM didn't allow my children to play out the front (even 14 year olds) unaccompanied so it was back to NCMA for me.

It depends on what you want from a policy.