PDA

View Full Version : please help me shes comming in the morning

tara
30-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Hello l mind a little baby who is now 7 months.I have him over night on a wednesday for 16hours.The mum is increasing her hours to 28 hours aweek.She pays me every 4 weeks but is starting her extra 2 shifts next week 2 lots of 6 hours.She has asked if she can pay me on the days because the tax credits are messing her about.She would still pay the overnight every 4 weeks.This would be while they were sorting it all out.

Do l cancel her old contract and do a whole new one or?

I just want to get paid all of it every 4 weeks otherwise ill be for ever invoicing her :( Also l have a school run to do l leave my house at 8.30 and get back in at about 9.15 then l leave again at 2.30 and am back in at about 3.20.The mum wants me to have him from about 9 till 3pm tuesdays and fridays.On a tuesday l have toddler group which is at my daughters school it stats at 9am and this is one of the days l would have to go back home to wait for him then go back to school.

Can any body give me some advice please :littleangel: so l can make it all work smoothly.

FizzysFriends
30-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I would think she would need a new contract with the new hours on. As for payment, could she pay you on the day for a couple of sessions whilst tax credits get sorted and then change to monthly?

As for arriving at 9am, tell her you wont be there and drop off will need to be 8.30am or as her to drop baby off at school to you.

bingo57
30-12-2008, 07:27 PM
I would definately make a new contract, this covers you for the new hours, for hols and time off. As for the arrival and departure time it may be a good idea to talk to the parents about the problem and ask if she could fetch the child earlier and also let her no the time you get back home from the school run. She may come up with some ideas of her own, you never know!

mushpea
30-12-2008, 07:30 PM
nearly all of the children i have fit in around toddler groups, one mum even lets her son come to me 2 hours early in the morning becasue she wants him to go to them!
basicly if i have to be somwhere at 10am but the child is contracted from 10 am then i ask the parent if they would mind dropping them off 15mins early or if i could pick them up early that day (picking up works better as they cant be late and mess up my schedual) i do this extra 15 mins free of charge because it is my choice to have them earlyier/later, i have not yet had a parent say no to this.
as for the contract i am not sure, if it were me i would probably do a letter stating that for the next month payment will be made daily for day hours and 4 weekly for the night hours and then both parties sign this. you can do this month by month untill they have sorted it out.

tara
30-12-2008, 07:41 PM
She is going to be starting work at 9.30 am and finishing at 3pm when l asked for him before l leave for school she did not like the idea of dropping him of an hour earlyer.Why dose this happen to me :panic: Going to do a new contract now and l like the letter idea as well then its all down on papper.I need a Double pushchair as my little boy is 19 months so another thing to get adtrader here l come.It would be much better for me if she dropped at 8.30 then picked up at 3.30 at least that gives me time.She did say her boss was flexible so l might ask her.

miffy
30-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Try and sell it to her on the basis that her child will also benefit from going to the toddler group.

Is it out of her way to drop off at school rather than you going home?

Hope you get something sorted

Miffy xx