PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation :-0

Buzz Lightyear
30-12-2008, 07:02 PM
Hi all, just wanted to share this really good item which we bought from Boots at the weekend. For a while now, I've wanted a cupboard lock for the cupboard which I keep all my bleech, cleaning products in, etc and DH has been umming and arrhing over various things in the DIY store. At the weekend however, we called into Boots to get some bits and bobs when DH came across these:

http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=20962&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051 (http://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10052&productId=20962&callingViewName=&langId=-1&catalogId=11051)

GENIUS!!

Basically, it's a magnetic lock but on the outside door, there is nothing there and the door is unlocked via the magnetic "key". I say key but it's more like a fob. Only problem with it that I can see is that you are stuffed if you loose the fob as there is no way of opening it up. I suppose with some force you might be able to but there isn't a spare fob is what I am getting at.

Absolutely brilliant and in no way does it intrude on your cupboards, i.e. no key hole. Brilliant!

Good value too as you get four in a pack. Not that we need four but still, good to know we have some spare locks. :thumbsup:

singlewiththree
30-12-2008, 07:07 PM
I've got those and lost the key after 1 day and still havent found it! I must have put it somewhere safe LOL I really need to buy another key.

Buzz Lightyear
30-12-2008, 07:08 PM
A spare key would have been ideal really!

Annie_T
30-12-2008, 07:22 PM
ive been umming and arrhhing over these as i have a 4 draw unit and im unsure if they will work on all of them (not had chance show my fella them as he would tell me)

they do do a spare key for it in boots as ive seen it lol x

Buzz Lightyear
30-12-2008, 07:25 PM
Thats sooo good to know Annie, thanks for the tip-off. A spare key will be needed in our house. We have two remotes for Sky, lol! x

don the duck
30-12-2008, 08:16 PM
we have these in our house....
they have a plus and a negative

Plus

u dont have nasty locks sticking out

Negative
u can loose the key - but if u do if u wiggle the draw or door a few times it willl open without it

miffy
30-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Negative
u can loose the key - but if u do if u wiggle the draw or door a few times it willl open without it

If you can open them that easily without a key are they worth having in the first place? :confused:

Miffy xx