PDA

View Full Version : Help on pushchair

Kes
30-12-2008, 02:39 PM
I have my 19 month old and I have a seventeen month starting soon, also I will have a baby mindee in march/april time. I will need a twin pushchair but don't know what to go for. I need one that will take the big ones now and that will take one big one and a baby later. Any recommendations? I did look at a phil and ted but don't want to spend that much unless I know that it will be a good investment.

Thanks in advance
Kerry.

mushpea
30-12-2008, 02:49 PM
i have a graco sport which is brilliant for all ages its side by side and i have been able to fit a buggy board on the back aswell so i can transport 3 youngsters, its very light weight and easy to use. the only downfall is it has a bar that goes round the front of the children which you cant remove and as one of the youngsters is very heavy i have now bought a mother care hauck to use insted as its one in front of the other and has a removable front bar so i don't have to lift himn over it, havent tried it yet so cant give an opinion though

Annie_T
30-12-2008, 03:03 PM
argos have twin buggys (least one seat is suitable from birth too - normally back one if its a tandem) heres link with the twin buggys - maybe look on ebay for similar ones cheaper (secondhand is ok long its still safe - ask to take a look if need to)

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Browse/ID69/10199803/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CNursery%7C10199769/c_2/2%7Ccat_10199769%7CPushchairs%7C10199796/c_3/3%7Ccat_10199796%7CTwin+pushchairs%7C10199803.htm

i had a Graco Stadium Duo Pushchair when i had my girl as my boy was 17months. the back laid right back and plenty of room, and i found it easy to psu around the shops (tho did take few ankles out lol)

andreaschildcare
30-12-2008, 06:32 PM
I love my Maclaren :)

patevans
30-12-2008, 06:40 PM
I did look at a phil and ted but don't want to spend that much unless I know that it will be a good investment.

I want one of these but just cant afford to spend that amount of money on a pushchair :(

charleyfarley
30-12-2008, 06:48 PM
I have a Maclaren and I did love it but I am now looking at getting another one, only had that one Sept :blush: My problem is I can't fit it through my front door so I wake lo up if he's fell asleep.

So now I am after another tandem :blush: that I can fit a buggyboard too

Hope you find one :thumbsup:

Carol xx

jeanybeany
30-12-2008, 09:00 PM
I have a phil and teds sport (worth the money, got mine new off ebay, much cheaper than the shops), don't know if you can fit a buggy board to it though with the doubles kit on. I use a buggypod with mine, but these have mixed reviews. The maclaren twin traveller I had before was a good pushchair though only had a new one as couldn't fit it in my car with the 7 seats up.:)

bingo57
30-12-2008, 09:05 PM
I have a phil and teds sport (worth the money, got mine new off ebay, much cheaper than the shops), don't know if you can fit a buggy board to it though with the doubles kit on. I use a buggypod with mine, but these have mixed reviews. The maclaren twin traveller I had before was a good pushchair though only had a new one as couldn't fit it in my car with the 7 seats up.:)

what is a buggypod plse?

DCMS
30-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I have the Mamas and Papas Twin Aria which I think is one of the narrowest double buggies for fitting through doors. Folds flat and opens with one hand. Its from birth to 15kg (33lbs). Had no problems with it. Haven't tried to attach buggy board to it yet as needed. They are not cheap though unless you can get a good 2nd hand bargain. Although Mamas and Papas website have them reduced at the minute from £270 to £150,

A buggypod is a kind of extra seat that clips on to the side of buggy or pram the idea being they are taken on and off as needed. Mixed freviews about them though.

Hope some of this helps, Denise

Chatterbox Childcare
30-12-2008, 11:28 PM
I have an Odyssey three wheeler and can put any age in it. Just pump the tyres up if they are heavier.

They cost about £240.00 new but I picked mine up second hand off of ebay for less than half that

balloon
31-12-2008, 08:27 AM
I've got a Phil and Teds Vibe. It's fantastically comfy for the child in front and a dream to push, folds easily and neatly (with the doubles kit on the back or front) and looks smart but... The second seat is very short on the back and I really would not recommend it for any child over about a year to 18 months old. The 'crutch' strap of the harness (front seat) is also too short meaning that the buckle part is right between the child's legs, not only would this be pretty uncomfy I would think but also not nice to have to be 'fiddling around' in that area trying to do the somewhat awkward straps up once the child is out of nappies.

I used to have a phil and teds sport (but it broke after a month, hence going for the supposedly 'better' one) a much better design on the back but the front seat is narrower and not so good for chunky v. young children as the vibe... (If only there was a P&T that combined both, lol!)

I started out with a mamas and papas twin beat from argos (side by side umbrella fold) and can quite honestly say it's the worst twin buggy I have ever bought, you have to remove the hood to fold it down, need two hand to sit the seats up (and are not supposed to do that with the child in the seat), the seats went out of shape with a toddler in and it's as heavy as hell. Oh yeah it wouldn't go though my front door either!

Well there's what not to buy, lol! (although out of the 3 of them, have to say that the sport was the best and mothercare have it cheaper in red online right now)

jeanybeany
31-12-2008, 08:04 PM
what is a buggypod plse?

Hi if you go on www.kiddicare.com you should be able to search for the revelo buggypod and see what it is. :)

bingo57
01-01-2009, 12:05 PM
Hi if you go on www.kiddicare.com you should be able to search for the revelo buggypod and see what it is. :)

Hi, wot a great idea, first time ive seen them.
Glynis.x

Mrs.L.C
01-01-2009, 12:18 PM
iv got the out and about nipper 360 which I invested in as I had heavy children. Its a three wheeler and you can usualy get them half price 2nd hand but well worth the money. They are suitable from birth, light weight and fits through most doors ok. its easy to push so u can hold reins or hand of walking child and iv put a buggy board on the back which works if you have a child who will fit through the handle bar ok.

Iv had a graco tandem, due lite, maclaren side by side, and a a sky marco and all were ok but were either heavy or the wheels wore down quickly after a good year of use, meaning I had to buy another. I could not push either of these with one hand either and could only fit a buggy board on the maclaren.

if I could have got the nipper when I first started childminding I dont think I would have tried the others

Mrs.L.C
01-01-2009, 12:20 PM
what is a buggypod plse?

Great idea in theory but I used one of these and it collapsed with a child in it. Iv heard this happen alot. The child was ok luckily but I would not recommend them

flora
01-01-2009, 02:28 PM
I love my nipper too :clapping: :clapping:

I got mine off ebay for £120 inc p and p.

it fab light and so easy to push. Totally reccomend if you can spen that sort of money :clapping:

jeanybeany
01-01-2009, 04:37 PM
Great idea in theory but I used one of these and it collapsed with a child in it. Iv heard this happen alot. The child was ok luckily but I would not recommend them

Oh, sorry to hear that, so far mine has been ok but you have to make sure the strap is on tight etc. Apparently there was a fault with them but should be alot safer now if what I read before I purchased mine is right.

I don't like the raincover though as there is no way you could put it under the pushchair for those just in case moments, so I use a normal one for mine most of the time.:)