PDA

View Full Version : What to do?

PixiePetal
30-12-2008, 10:46 AM
New mindee started Sept, 3 hours on 1 morning a week.

Another cutting a day in Jan (down to 2, from 3 days)

2 other, different mindees, on other days( unaffected)

All mindees will finish before summer as nursery and school starts for all.

Been phoned about 2 siblings, 2 days a week. Can do 1 day but other clashes with the 3 hour one. Keeping up?!

question is, is it awful to give notice for the lovely 3 hours mindee, for 2 days of siblings. Not met them yet so nothing decided on either party. It would probably take me through into next school year with some work to start with, then will look for top up mindees.

Am I stupid for feeling guilty at possibly giving notice. Do I tell that I am looking for something more and it may happen or wait till other family are on the point of signing before telling. It would be for immediate start once I have given notice on mindee.Might not even happen!

In all my years of minding I have never had to give notice, endings have come naturally for school etc.

Advice please :thumbsup:

Annie_T
30-12-2008, 11:16 AM
can you not get a variation aT ALL hun ?

i kinda kept up with you haha but im still half sleep at mo

sarah707
30-12-2008, 11:16 AM
3 hours a week isn't much is it? But you have an established child who you obviously like.

One of the main problems with siblings is that if one goes, they both go and that can leave a huge hole in your income.

Oh sorry I'm not being much help am I?

I dont' know :panic:

PixiePetal
30-12-2008, 11:21 AM
can you not get a variation aT ALL hun ?

i kinda kept up with you haha but im still half sleep at mo

That would be 4 under 3!

3 of them under 2 - not realistic to get about without triple buggy and i am not going there !!

thanks
:)

PixiePetal
30-12-2008, 11:27 AM
3 hours a week isn't much is it? But you have an established child who you obviously like.

One of the main problems with siblings is that if one goes, they both go and that can leave a huge hole in your income.

Oh sorry I'm not being much help am I?

I dont' know :panic:

Thanks sarah, think i would like to do this if offered, depends on older sibling( if he goes to nursery) Could really do with the money even if it turns out short term. 3 hour mindee will prob go to nursery in sept as will be 2 in April.
Was going to wait till September when all part timers had left to replace with less children on more days (hopefully) as my week is really spread out with only 1 child on two of the days.

Still not looking forward to giving someone notice!!:(

Kes
30-12-2008, 02:31 PM
can you not ask the mum of the one doing three hours if she would move to another day if you have the room then you can have everyone.

PixiePetal
30-12-2008, 02:56 PM
can you not ask the mum of the one doing three hours if she would move to another day if you have the room then you can have everyone.

Thanks, have thought of that and think it might work. Will offer the day which other child is dropping as a compromise. If not she may have to finish - silly to turn down about £130+ to keep £12 !!

Have to put sensible business head on :)

Kes
30-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Its difficult is'nt it when you don't want to upset people just keep telling yourself you are running a business. Plus think of the extra money that often helps. Hope she moves her day for you.

Kerry