PDA

View Full Version : What do you feed your mindees?

Monkey1
29-12-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm trying to do this terms menu plans and i for one are sick of the same old things so thought i would look to my buddies for some inspiration! Help save these poor little mites from my menus.....its bad enough they have to eat my cooking!:D

miffy
29-12-2008, 09:15 PM
There was another thread about this a while ago with some good suggestions from Sarah, Twinks and Annie I think.

Miffy xx

balloon
29-12-2008, 09:18 PM
"What do you feed your mindees?"

Food normally, although the younger ones are quite partial to my diary or any other paper they can get their gums on...

More seriously though...

lasagne
spag bol
pizza
fish fingers
shepherds pie
vegetable casserole
deep dish 'meat' pies
cauliflower cheese
mac and cheese
stew and dumplings
panini and salad

thats all i can think off without checking the menu, lol

Monkey1
29-12-2008, 09:24 PM
Blimey....i haven't had dumplings for years......might have to try that one! Hubby can be the guinee pig:D

miffy
29-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Oh dear - should we warn him? :laughing:

Miffy xx

crazybones
29-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Blimey....i haven't had dumplings for years......might have to try that one! Hubby can be the guinee pig:D

Aunt Bessie makes ours :blush: In fact she makes a lot of things in our house. :laughing:

Monkey1
29-12-2008, 09:27 PM
Oh dear - should we warn him? :laughing:

Miffy xx

Na, just send the indigestion tablets!:D

miffy
29-12-2008, 09:29 PM
Na, just send the indigestion tablets!:D

I'll ask Breezy!

Miffy xx

Clever Clogs
29-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Hiya

I too struggle with this - I hated having to plan dinners each week so like many others have done a 4 weekly menu. I have a lot of what is on the above post. I also have a slow cooker so quite often bung in stuff to make sausage casserole, beef casserole, chicken, even spg bog. At least that way it's done in the morning and don't have to bother about anything else. In my house they all seem to go crazy when it's time to start cooking dinner. I also have a winner that is macaroni, tomato bolognaise bake (not sure if that's the right name). What I do is cook a bolognaise mince, cook macaroni then stir in campbells condensed tomato soup, I then layer it and top it with cheese and the kids love it. Also tuna or salmon pasta bake. Tbh the kids like my hubby's cooking more than mine (me too) so I love it when he's on hol or home early.

Good luck
Tracey

mushpea
30-12-2008, 07:25 PM
I used to do a 4 week menu but now do a weekly menu insted and plan my shopping trip around the menu and my weely food bill has grately reduced!!:clapping:

these are the meals that come to mind at the mo'

spag bol
jacket spud with cheese and beans
pasta bake ( the creamy one)
home made chicken nuggets
home made fish fingers
chicken or beef or sausage stew with either dumplins or herb bread
sausage and mash and beans
lasagne
roast chicken and all the trimmings
somtimes the kids make their own pizzas
thats all i can think of at the mo'

snacks
cheesy biscuits
fruit
chewy bars
home made stuff--flapjacks, fruit cake, fruit buns, carrot cake etc

i did used to do a dessert but non of the minded children eat much of whats on their plates anymore as they just want dessert so from the new year its main course only as i am fed up of cooking stuff they won't eat!

sarah707
30-12-2008, 07:46 PM
Here's a good thread -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=20386&highlight=menu

Here's another -

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=16296&highlight=menu

Hope they inspire! :D

patevans
30-12-2008, 08:01 PM
I am soooo useless at cooking :(

Blaze
30-12-2008, 08:19 PM
"What do you feed your mindees?"

Food normally, although the younger ones are quite partial to my diary or any other paper they can get their gums on...l

LOL...that was what I thought!:laughing:

Mollymop
30-12-2008, 09:26 PM
I don't do tea for the mindees, just dinner (lunch) which is usually alight luch, nothing hot - Sandwiches, yogurts, crumpets, veg sticks, sometimes soup, salad wraps...you know x

marion123
30-12-2008, 10:15 PM
Aunt Bessie makes alot of our food to :laughing:

angeldelight
31-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Dont forget to look in the Recipe section of the forum

The section is at the top of the forum

Angel xx