PDA

View Full Version : need some ideas pppllleeeaaaasssseeee

mrsb
27-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Hi all, I'm currently looking after a muslim lil boy, I'd really like to celebrate ashura with him on 7th jan but I have no idea what sort of thing I could do:panic: :panic: does anyone have any ideas please? I've googled with no luck :(

Annie_T
27-12-2008, 10:36 PM
ive googled ashura in various ways (activties etc etc ) and coming up with nothing hun sorry

maybe you could go libary and find books on it and they will have things to do x

jellytot
27-12-2008, 11:08 PM
i think the best people to ask would be the parents, they would be able to tell you all thats needed.

Reeta
27-12-2008, 11:17 PM
First you need to find out whether the child is Sunni Muslim or Shia Muslim

This is what I have found from various sources.

"The Ashura is the most important celebration of the Shia Islam. In this day, and in all the islamic month of Moharram, the Shia Muslims remember the death of the Imam Hussein (grandson of the Prophet Muhammad ) a leader of the Shia killed in the 7th century by the Sunni in the battle of Kerbala (Iraq). In Iran where the Shia is the first religion, those ceremonies involve all the aspect of the life and all the people cry and stay in mourning

Before Husssein's death, Ashura was for Muslims a day of joyous celebration as it commemorated, with Jews, Noah's landing of the Ark and the day Egypt let Moses and his people go.

Today, Ashura is commemorated by Shiites in the form of a ritualistically graphic, violent and - - - - celebration of martyrdom as the faithful recreate Hussein's suffering by weeping, wailing, whipping and beating themselves, both to humble oneself in solidarity with the suffering and downtrodden and to help one's cause on the Day of Judgment"

May be you should give that one a miss ?
x x x
Reeta

Chatterbox Childcare
28-12-2008, 01:54 AM
sounds sad....

sarah707
28-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Doesn't sound like a celebration to me :(

Thank you for that information Reeta.

mrsb
28-12-2008, 10:16 AM
hhmm maybe it would be best to give that one a miss:panic: :blush: I just wanted to do something for him as he hasn't been allowed to take part in any of the christmas festivities :(

Will just do something later in the year i think

Thank you for the info :D