PDA

View Full Version : OT - Printer Help

patevans
26-12-2008, 05:39 PM
Has anyone ever used Printer head cleaning cartridges or cleaning fluid on there printer heads? Mine keep getting clogged up and I can run a few head cleans but it uses all the ink!! :angry:

Have found some on eBay but not sure if they work?!

balloon
26-12-2008, 07:16 PM
Sorry can't help you as my print heads are on the carts themselves but didn't want to read and run.

Hopefully soon somebody will know

bubbly
26-12-2008, 11:17 PM
I got a new printer for Christmas because the heads on my old one were constantly clogged. I used to get through so much ink trying to unclog them.

I didn't try printer head cleaning cartridges or cleaning fluid though. Not sure how successful they would be. Would be interesting to hear from someone who has.

sarah707
27-12-2008, 09:56 AM
I saw printer/scanner/copiers in Tesco and Argos yesterday for under £30...

You just need to check online for the prices of the ink :D

cal
27-12-2008, 10:22 AM
spoke to hubby, he says

lift out the cartridge and you will see a sponge pad underneath it put a few drops of spray on window cleaner in there it contains alcohol and should sort it

hope it helps

Carolyn x

Chatterbox Childcare
27-12-2008, 01:24 PM
I purchased a Epson D120 last month and cartridges are available for this cheap. Just type in cheap cartridges in google and loads come up.

Excellent printer too - cleans itself!

patevans
27-12-2008, 01:29 PM
Its a fairly new printer so not buying a new one, i'll buy the head cleaner fluid off ebay and see what happens!!

patevans
27-12-2008, 01:54 PM
spoke to hubby, he says

lift out the cartridge and you will see a sponge pad underneath it put a few drops of spray on window cleaner in there it contains alcohol and should sort it

hope it helps

Carolyn x

Have just done this so will see what happens!! Can I use any window spray cos only have wilkinsons own or asdas?

bubbly
27-12-2008, 02:58 PM
^ yeah, let us know if it works because I'll try it on my old printer

Chatterbox Childcare
28-12-2008, 02:05 AM
Sometimes the ink pads get clogged. Type in your printer number and cleaning into google and you should get a solution - pardon the pun!

miffy
29-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Sorry can't help - that comes firmly under Hubby's jobs!!!!! :laughing:

Miffy xx