PDA

View Full Version : No payment grrrrrrrrrrrr

SimplyLucy
23-12-2008, 06:35 PM
:angry: :angry:

I have one parent who always pays me on a Monday for the week before. Bad idea I know, but was first mindees so I didn't know what I was doing.

Well obviously payment was due on Monday but they have the next 2 weeks booked off. I was hoping she'd call in yesterday with the payment, but nothing.:angry:

Was then hoping that today it might arrive but nothing. :angry:

This parent never pays late, she was a childminder herself, so knows what it's like.

I haven't recieved a Christmas present from this family yet (not that I should expect one but I had one last year) so I'm wondering if she will drop the payment off tomorrow.

I'm so annoyed because I wanted to get the cheque in the bank before Christmas.

I might have to ring her and make out I'm calling into her town tomorrow and would it be easier if I collected the payment. Do you think it would be alright to do that?:rolleyes:

patevans
23-12-2008, 06:51 PM
Same here and I am furious :angry: :angry: not a single card or cheap box of chocs of any of them, I could sob....feel so unappreciated :crying:

Had half a payment of one parent and nothing off another, well can I just mention new year new start......watch this space!!!!!

Annie_T
23-12-2008, 09:32 PM
oh not good, i would call hun not right you going without - its gonna take bit longer for cheque to clear as it xmas
so think you should get it asap
x

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 09:35 PM
Yes!! Call her and ask for your payment. It is your money - don't feel guilty!

Chatterbox Childcare
23-12-2008, 10:17 PM
I would call her and say politely that you are going to the bank and could you collect your money.

This should prompt her

Merry Christmas

peanuts
01-01-2009, 08:30 AM
i've had one parent for the last 2 months tell me on the sunday night that i wont be having them for the following week, not paying me as well although invoiced, hubby says not to rock the boat as i've only got them until college finnishes. thats ok for him to say that but i was over £200 down. dd went to her dd's party and on way out she said they wont be starting until 12th instead of 5th. so there i go again another weeks money down the drain. i have reprinted my fees sheet for january with bits now in bold red letters (payment section), and was going to put in my newsletter a bit about no fee increase just now due tot he credit crunch.

:mad:

miffy
01-01-2009, 04:30 PM
i've had one parent for the last 2 months tell me on the sunday night that i wont be having them for the following week, not paying me as well although invoiced, hubby says not to rock the boat as i've only got them until college finnishes. thats ok for him to say that but i was over £200 down. dd went to her dd's party and on way out she said they wont be starting until 12th instead of 5th. so there i go again another weeks money down the drain. i have reprinted my fees sheet for january with bits now in bold red letters (payment section), and was going to put in my newsletter a bit about no fee increase just now due tot he credit crunch.

:mad:

Sounds like this parent is calling all the shots here. Do you have a written contract with her?

I think you need to have a word with her and explain that she has to pay for the child's place whether she uses it or not. Hope you get it sorted

Miffy xx

Chatterbox Childcare
01-01-2009, 04:34 PM
If this person is at college then they surely are being paid to pay you. Where is this money?

I would definately reiterate your contract terms and invoice