PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Swap Shop!

Monkey1
23-12-2008, 06:17 PM
Ok, we all know we are all going to get some dodgy prezzies for christmas so i thought it would be a bit of fun to post them on here to see if we can swap it for something we would rather have! Photos would be good!

I already have been given at least 6 bottles of wine....can't stand the stuff! ( not since i made myself really really really poorly and made a compleat ar*e of myself!....long story!) Will swap for Magners!:D

I'm sure the prezzie from my sister in law will be a compleat classic so i'm sure i will be putting a few posts on!

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2008, 06:19 PM
Sounds like a good idea :clapping:

ajs
23-12-2008, 06:20 PM
i've been given 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of gin
i'll keep the gin not sure about the wine though i don't drink it

but surprisingly enough only one box of chocolates

LittleStars
23-12-2008, 06:21 PM
Fab idea monkey, I always get some lovely stuff that I simply won't use, nothing wrong with it...just not my thing..Im sure I can add them here :-)

Infact I can start the list...

4 tubs of M&S talcs...floral smells......in a presentation box. Just don't use talc...makes me sneeze! ... swap for anything pink...smelly...edible......crafty

:laughing:

Jen x

PixiePetal
23-12-2008, 06:22 PM
I always get Baileys - yuk!

(Sorry Jen, DH went to local craft shop for my presents, as I sent him with possible list they should all be perfect!!)

Jen x

berkschick
Sounds like a great idea!

I have a (prob one or two glasses worth) small bottle of champagne (yuck yuck yuck!) and some chocs in a gift box. Willing to swop! WIll try get a pic on.

SimplyLucy
I had a set of 3 mirrored candle holders, so not my thing!

I'll happily swap them for ALL the bottles of wine (white only) :D :D

berkschick
23-12-2008, 06:24 PM

I LOVE baileys!

crazybones
23-12-2008, 06:24 PM
I'll swop 3 children and a slightly damaged husband for the Baileys. :D

SimplyLucy
23-12-2008, 06:26 PM

In what way is he damaged?

If he is good at decorating I'll gladly go buy you a case of baileys and do a swap!

carolinel
23-12-2008, 06:27 PM
you are all VERY naughty. It is not Christmas day yet and you have all opened pressies. tut tut tut!!!

crazybones
In what way is he damaged?

If he is good at decorating I'll gladly go buy you a case of baileys and do a swap!

He has been married to me for 20 years - that's enough to damage anyone. But yes he can decorate when he puts his mind to it. :laughing:

PixiePetal

sorry already got 2 children and there's no way I want another husband - 1 is enough :laughing:

angeldelight
23-12-2008, 06:35 PM
you are all VERY naughty. It is not Christmas day yet and you have all opened pressies. tut tut tut!!!

Thats what I was thinking Caroline

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

SimplyLucy
23-12-2008, 06:37 PM

My candles were from a Secret Santa raffle at our skittle match last night! I HAD to open them!

I haven't opened my secret Santa from here yet, I made the children hide it from me!

Monkey1
23-12-2008, 06:46 PM

(Sorry Jen, DH went to local craft shop for my presents, as I sent him with possible list they should all be perfect!!)

Jen x

I will swap for Baileys!:D :D

Monkey1
23-12-2008, 06:51 PM
I haven't opened any! its the bottle bags that give it away x

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I LOVE baileys!

Me too :laughing:

sarah707
23-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Excellent idea! :D

Not sure how postable wine or Baileys are though... and as for posting husbands

:panic:

Annie_T
23-12-2008, 07:57 PM
good idea hun x

breezy
23-12-2008, 08:00 PM
I always get chocolates and I dont like chocolate :(

will swap for a scouse husband :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

Lincsminder
23-12-2008, 08:06 PM

I'm more concerned about the amount of alcohol we all seem to be getting (not me of course I'm pregnant) do people think childminders like/need a drink or two.:laughing:
caroline

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 08:17 PM
Great idea! It'll be a laugh to see all the (naff) unwanted presents.

I promise I won't disappoint anyone with my m.i.l's tat!:laughing:

charleyfarley
23-12-2008, 08:40 PM
What a great idea :clapping:

Haven't opened any of mine except one :blush: :blush: I know I shouldn't but I'm not giving that one up for no one :D

Carol xx

Blaze
24-12-2008, 06:01 AM
Great idea! It'll be a laugh to see all the (naff) unwanted presents.

I promise I won't disappoint anyone with my m.i.l's tat!:laughing:

Same!!!! I already have a cream handbag left over from my birthday....not my style, but nothing wrong with it....will tkae a pic & put it on after Christmas & boxing day as doubt I will have the time before then...mirrored candle holders I may be interested in...could you put a pic on?

crazybones
24-12-2008, 08:46 AM
I always get chocolates and I dont like chocolate :(

will swap for a scouse husband :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

You're on. Although he is claiming the old dodgy pint trick this morning - he might not be much use to you.

flora
24-12-2008, 12:18 PM
I buy most of my presents so I nearly always get good ones :thumbsup: :D

Dh hates shopping so I just buy what I want :clapping:

I have bought myself a lovely new red camera some le cruset cookware :eek:

Some fab new cd's and several autobiographys of famous people.

I know some will think this is strange but I have got used to it over the years :laughing:

I do however have two bottle of port :( don't drink so will hapily rehome those if you are local to me let me know if you would like :thumbsup:

christine e
24-12-2008, 01:18 PM
i've been given 3 bottles of wine and a bottle of gin
i'll keep the gin not sure about the wine though i don't drink it

but surprisingly enough only one box of chocolates

Naughty Mandy opening her presents!!!!!!!!

Cx

Pipsqueak
24-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I LOVE baileys!

What a great idea Monkey chops.

I love Baileys so will be fighting for that! lol

Sounds like you and me have had a similar experience with the wine Monkey - made a right t*t out of myself at a minders do but in all fairness I had an allergic reaction to something I had drunk earlier (a WKD) and the wine made the reaction worse, consquently I now can't drink wine or WKD !!:rolleyes:

Pipsqueak
24-12-2008, 01:40 PM
Excellent idea! :D

Not sure how postable wine or Baileys are though... and as for posting husbands

:panic:

Where there is a will there is a way.....:D :D

My Geordie hubs will be up for grabs.... (once he has finished the extension....:laughing: )

Twinkles
24-12-2008, 03:56 PM
The trouble is I like everything wine,socks,chocs,baileys,port.
( Hey you don't get an ar*e this size by being fussy :laughing: )

Mind you if we're swopping hubbies............
mine's a bit worn around the edges but in quite good nick, good at diy,not so good at communicating :rolleyes: will swap for a Jensen Ackles look-a-like :D

breezy
24-12-2008, 05:11 PM
The trouble is I like everything wine,socks,chocs,baileys,port.
( Hey you don't get an ar*e this size by being fussy :laughing: )

Mind you if we're swopping hubbies............
mine's a bit worn around the edges but in quite good nick, good at diy,not so good at communicating :rolleyes: will swap for a Jensen Ackles look-a-like :D

Who??????????????

breezy
24-12-2008, 05:13 PM
You're on. Although he is claiming the old dodgy pint trick this morning - he might not be much use to you.

You keep him today, let him get over the dodgy pint, I'll take him off your hands when he's fit and well, dont be long though, there's a geordie husband I might be interested in:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

crazybones
24-12-2008, 05:30 PM
You keep him today, let him get over the dodgy pint, I'll take him off your hands when he's fit and well, dont be long though, there's a geordie husband I might be interested in:ROFL1: :ROFL1: :ROFL1:

There's a name for girls like you. :laughing:

breezy
24-12-2008, 05:33 PM
There's a name for girls like you. :laughing:

yes Breezy :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Hebs
25-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Sorry I can't join you I love all my gifts

Pipsqueak
25-12-2008, 05:13 PM
Got some wonderful lovely gifts this year so I'm afraid I won't be joining in either - have fun everyone

Mollymop
25-12-2008, 07:35 PM
Well no sign of mother in law this year so no naff pressies to show you all, and some disappointed children! Nice nan, isn't she?

buildingblocks
25-12-2008, 08:05 PM
lots lovely presents. Too many chocs so given mum lots to take home. Best pressie an iPod but have stuffed up and accidently set it to Spanish instead of English so hoping I can sort it out oops hubby killing himself laughing at me

Annie_T
25-12-2008, 08:12 PM
lots lovely presents. Too many chocs so given mum lots to take home. Best pressie an iPod but have stuffed up and accidently set it to Spanish instead of English so hoping I can sort it out oops hubby killing himself laughing at me

push the reset button hun - what ipod is it?

buildingblocks
25-12-2008, 08:31 PM
push the reset button hun - what ipod is it?

Thanks for that might be good if I knew what the reset button was. Decided to charge it (first chance to do it as mum has been here until 6pm. Anyway a window came up and said something about uipdating and resetting so pressed that and it worked (breathes a sigh of releif) waiting for it to charge then will have a play tomorrow may be asking for help lol

Its an iPod nano

Monkey1
25-12-2008, 08:45 PM
My sister in law has excelled herself as usual! My three children got a harry potter t shirt ( eldest is 16 next month) hubby got a beer glass ....same as last year:rolleyes: and i got a five year diary.....the kind you give a 13 year old!:eek: Hubby says i have twelve months to think of something useless to give her next year.....thought of something already..........she is afraid of flying and refuses to go abroad so i'm going to get her a passport cover!;) ;) :D

Annie_T
25-12-2008, 11:02 PM
Thanks for that might be good if I knew what the reset button was. Decided to charge it (first chance to do it as mum has been here until 6pm. Anyway a window came up and said something about uipdating and resetting so pressed that and it worked (breathes a sigh of releif) waiting for it to charge then will have a play tomorrow may be asking for help lol

Its an iPod nano

what my fella has - his used to always freeze (pain in bum) but works ok now - have to push 2 buttons to reset it (look in manual in case you need to do it)

enjoy it hun they good - fella's one is used for music in car (radio and mp3 player thing- so plug in ipod to listen too)

My sister in law has excelled herself as usual! My three children got a harry potter t shirt ( eldest is 16 next month) hubby got a beer glass ....same as last year:rolleyes: and i got a five year diary.....the kind you give a 13 year old!:eek: Hubby says i have twelve months to think of something useless to give her next year.....thought of something already..........she is afraid of flying and refuses to go abroad so i'm going to get her a passport cover!;) ;) :D

oh what a lovely pressie for someone who nearly 16 lol .. hmm

haha nice pressie i bet she like it haha - i have one but no passport yet lol

Twinkles
26-12-2008, 08:32 PM
Who??????????????

Aahhh Breezy, Breezy,Breezy........you have such a treat in store if you don't know who he is......................

Enjoy................

breezy
29-12-2008, 08:21 PM
Very nice, where's he from? Is he yours exclusively or will you share?:laughing:

oneofeach
29-12-2008, 08:30 PM
Very nice, where's he from? Is he yours exclusively or will you share?:laughing:

He is mine but am willing to share:D

breezy
29-12-2008, 08:32 PM
with you and twinkles that makes him third hand :( :blush:

Twinkles
31-12-2008, 01:12 AM
He is mine but am willing to share:D

*eh hem* I think you'll find he's mine ;) and I would share but I don't think he'd have the energy after me :D

ps he's from ' Supernatural'