PDA

View Full Version : I AM SUCH A PLONKER! Update! haha

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Last night as I was sorting out the xmas presents, I found one of my mindees gifts wrapped up without a tag on. (her name written in pencil ready for a tag)

Then I came to realise I had mixed up my nieces present with my mindees (A diary for my 12 y.o niece and In the night garden book for 18 m.o mindee!)

So my mindee has the lockable diary and her proper pressie is still here!:blush: :blush:

Phoned parent this morning and she sounded very quiet. She told me that l.o had already opened it.

She said she would pop round with it later and to get her l.o pressie.

I said I would pop up to hers later if she wanted. But she declined.

She seemed very quiet and didn't seem to see the funny side (I giggled at my stupidity a few times, but she didn't) so I am wondering if she let her l.o play with it, chew it, etc. It's not a problem to me at all, I just hope she isn't worrying about it.:blush:

breezy
23-12-2008, 10:34 AM
OOOOoooooooooooooops!!!!

Hope mum is ok about it, she must have thought you were going mad:laughing:

crazybones
23-12-2008, 10:36 AM
She should see the funny side. Its the sort of thing I would do. :rolleyes:

carolinel
23-12-2008, 10:44 AM
Can't believe she wouldn't see the funny side of that, I would!!

Strange that she doesn't want you to go to her house, is she normally a quiet person?

Bushpig
23-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Can't believe she wouldn't see the funny side of that, I would!!

Strange that she doesn't want you to go to her house, is she normally a quiet person?

Ditto! It's just thekind of ditzy thing I would do too - I would laugh about it for sure :) Hey, it could have been a lot worse... like your hubby's pressie to you... ;)

Trouble
23-12-2008, 11:35 AM
what are you like!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

angeldelight
23-12-2008, 11:37 AM
Just the type of thing I would do

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Oh what a miserable parent not to see the funny side of it though.

Hope she is ok when you see her

Dont worry about it though these things happen and it was nice of you to even bother with her child so she should be grateful for that

Still think its really funny

:laughing: :laughing:

Angel xx

sue m
23-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I agree with Angel. I typed your name then and deleted it just in case!!! ???

L&P were coming today but P has fallen off a chair at Grannie's house and bumped her head yesterday. They took her to A&E and said she was ok but she's been sick in the night so they were taking her back again today. Bit worrying when they're sick. Could be conussion or something. I don't mean it in an awful way as you know but after worrying about her I thought, thank God she didn't do it at my house, I'd have felt so awful!!!! I've still got their presents here which I was going to give them today so I'll have to take them up to them.

I feel a bit iffy today, think it's just lack of sleep and my new tablets.

Don't feel a plonker either, anyone can make that mistake with all those presents lying around and if thingy can't see the funny side of it, tough! It's hardly anything to be funny about is it. x

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 01:00 PM
oh, Sue. I hope P is ok! bless her xx

kindredspirits
23-12-2008, 01:05 PM
whoops! lol i would have been mortified :laughing: i've got all my presents for mindees out today so i hope i haven't made the same mistake! lol
although last year my DH did a similar thing and gave his 12 year old daughter a sexy nighty meant for me!!!! :blush:

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 03:31 PM
although last year my DH did a similar thing and gave his 12 year old daughter a sexy nighty meant for me!!!! :blush:

Oppps!:blush: :laughing:

Pauline
23-12-2008, 03:56 PM
You needed to tell us you're a plonker? :laughing::laughing:

Perhaps the parent had already 're-gifted' it to someone else if she thought it wasn't appropriate for her 18month old and was wondering how to get it back :D

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2008, 04:06 PM
You sound like me :laughing: , when we went and got our travel insurance i put my dd birth date wrong it made her 1, shes nearly 11 :clapping:

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 08:43 PM
You needed to tell us you're a plonker? :laughing::laughing:

Perhaps the parent had already 're-gifted' it to someone else if she thought it wasn't appropriate for her 18month old and was wondering how to get it back :D

well thanks Pauline!

yeah, my sister thought the same as u, not tat I am a plonker but that mum probably re-sent it:laughing:

anyway, i waited in all day but she nver did come - Now what'll i do?

Lincsminder
23-12-2008, 08:46 PM
i would drop off the mindies present and quickly get down to the shops in the morning to repalce the other present and pretend it didn't happen:laughing:

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 08:54 PM
i would drop off the mindies present and quickly get down to the shops in the morning to repalce the other present and pretend it didn't happen:laughing:

yeh good idea! sept, niece already got enough from us, so don't need to replace it.

What gets me is I said to her I would stay in all day - then she never bothers to come! I just want the l.o to have her pressie! I only live about 20 doors away:mad:

Lincsminder
23-12-2008, 09:03 PM
she has definitely either got rid of it or let little one play with it, I wonder why she opened it so early I haven't let mine open any thing yet apart from their present from the chief elf.

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 09:07 PM
yes I was surprised to find that she opened it early, I would have thought they would wait.....more pressies on xmas day

Mollymop
23-12-2008, 09:49 PM
someone just popped the pressie through my letter box! I soon chased after them....but hey had disappeared:eek:

the pressie is in one piece, trust me to be so suspicous of everyone:rolleyes:

carolinel
23-12-2008, 11:07 PM
still seems a bit strange though, don't you think?

You'll still have to go up to deliver correct pressy!

FizzysFriends
23-12-2008, 11:11 PM
That seems a bit odd that they wouldn't wait to swap the pressie. Is it because you have bough her LO something and she didn't get you anything so shes embarrased?