PDA

View Full Version : off to the beach

mushpea
23-12-2008, 09:14 AM
well, weathers ok, OH of to his work do later today so he can't walk our dog later so thought i'd take the dog and the kids to the beach so the dog can run and we an collect shells my kids cant wait but when i told the mindees mum last night about my plans she looked horrified at the thought of the beach in the middle of winter, didnt say anything though but have a feeeling she will do this morning, think she might say she dosent want him going so am i ok to say somthing like ' in that case you may be better of keeping him at home as the other kids are excited about going so we are definatly going'
i just don't want to change my plans and upset the other children because of one child.
does anyone else go to the beach this time of year or am i the only mad one:D

angeldelight
23-12-2008, 09:16 AM
I think its a great idea only we havent got a beach

Lucky you

I went to Wales last week though and we did drive on to the beach to eat our lunch it was lovely with the sun shining and the seagulls

Hope you all have a lovely time

Angel xx

crazybones
23-12-2008, 09:17 AM
I think the beach is a great idea. Run off all that over-excited energy. One of my fave things to do even in winter is all get in the car when hubby gets home, collect chippy tea on the way and go down to the beach and let them have a good run about before slipping into a lovely sleep. She should be pleased you are taking them out and not just dumping them in front of a dvd - although that might be a good idea for when you get home. :D

Monkey1
23-12-2008, 09:18 AM
I wish i lived near the beach!:( :( :( Have fun, i think its a brilliant idea!

mushpea
23-12-2008, 09:25 AM
phew feel better knowing that you all think its not a hurrendously bad idea!
we live about and hours drive from the beach were we can take the dog, so not that close but it does make for a good day out.

haribo
23-12-2008, 09:45 AM
i love beaches in the winter! as long as the kids are wrapped up warm the fresh air will do them good , and they can burn off lots of energy runing around ;) x

Mags
23-12-2008, 09:51 AM
I agree with what others have said....it's a great idea...wrap up, keep warm...why should you not go????? Have fun!!!!!

breezy
23-12-2008, 10:25 AM
I love the beach, even more in the winter, we're about an hour away. Used to live right near beach and it was a Boxing day tradition to walk the seafront and pier, fantastic, wish I could join you :jump for joy:

mushpea
23-12-2008, 11:08 AM
my mum always used to drag me to the beach in winter as a kid and i hated it but now i love it
mindees mum didn't complain and even packed spare clothes and a bucket!

Polly2
23-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I think its a great idea - why save the beach for the summer?

Have a great time :thumbsup:

mushpea
23-12-2008, 04:41 PM
well what a briliant idea of mine for once, the kids loved it, infact it was the only time the mindee has stopped moaning and winging all day, the dog loved it , we have loads of shells for the sand pit and best of all they are all so pooped all they want to do til tea is watch tv and so i get to have a well earned coffee:D

manjay
23-12-2008, 04:43 PM
well what a briliant idea of mine for once, the kids loved it, infact it was the only time the mindee has stopped moaning and winging all day, the dog loved it , we have loads of shells for the sand pit and best of all they are all so pooped all they want to do til tea is watch tv and so i get to have a well earned coffee:D

Result!!!!!

Enjoy your coffee xx

breezy
23-12-2008, 04:44 PM
brilliant! glad you all had such a great time :clapping:

SimplyLucy
23-12-2008, 04:48 PM
We go to the beach a few times each week no matter what the weather!

It's only a couple of miles away. We went yesterday and took the dog. I let her off the lead for the first time ever, I was so scared but she was an angel! The dog and the children had a fabulous time racing up and down.

I think I might take them again tomorrow! :clapping:

Jules27
23-12-2008, 04:57 PM
We are not close enough but our in laws have a number of nice beaches near them, we always go at least once when we visit them be it december or july!! We are with them for new year so will be going, gives the dog a good run about!!! :laughing: :laughing:

LOOPYLISA
23-12-2008, 05:24 PM
Love the beach we live 20 mins away, love when we all come back rosy cheeked :thumbsup: