PDA

View Full Version : Fire Blankets

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 04:47 PM
I'm just about to buy a couple but was wondering whether I need the signs up too? Can someone advise? x

sarah707
22-12-2008, 04:48 PM
I haven't.. .it's my house

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 04:50 PM
Fabulous, thanks Sarah. Do you have more than one in your home, i.e. one upstairs and one down?

chaotic_space
22-12-2008, 05:12 PM
I have a fire blanket near my cooker but not one upstairs and no signs because like sarah said...it's my house.

I dont need one upstairs because if there is a fire Im not hanging around long enough to use a fire blanket!

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 05:15 PM
Well yes I just thought that but then thought as I am planning on using one of the bedrooms as a play room / sleeping room, maybe it would be better to have one upstairs just in case. You just never know do you?!?! They were reasonably priced anyway so there's no problem there.

I've had a right spending spree the last half an hour:

2 x fire blankets
1 x Ofsted approved first aid kit
1 x car first aid kit
1 x outdoors first aid kit

Certainly proves to shop around, saved quite a bit rather than buying all from the same place :clapping:

chaotic_space
22-12-2008, 05:22 PM
Good for you :)

Buzz Lightyear
22-12-2008, 05:27 PM
Oh and one of Brill minders bags :thumbsup:

They can be Christmas presents to myself :p

Buzz Lightyear
23-12-2008, 09:36 AM
Awh poo... only wish I'd have ready my EY handout of things we get, one of them... yup... a fire blanket. So in total, I will have three and as DH rightfully pointed out last night, I only actually need one fire blanket as the fire blanket type of fires only really happen in the kitchen :doh:

Anyone want to buy a fire blanket or two - lol!!

Zoomie
23-12-2008, 04:15 PM
yeah was gonna tell you we get our fire blanket when we get our contracts etc from ncma as it forms part of our grant.

so, no don't need another fire blanket, but at least you have spares :cool:

LisaMarie
16-01-2009, 06:46 PM
Awh poo... only wish I'd have ready my EY handout of things we get, one of them... yup... a fire blanket. So in total, I will have three and as DH rightfully pointed out last night, I only actually need one fire blanket as the fire blanket type of fires only really happen in the kitchen :doh:

Anyone want to buy a fire blanket or two - lol!!

dont forget fire blankets can be used in a clothing fire too ;)

Jules12Wed
16-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Oh no I only bought one from B&Q last Sunday and it cost me £19.00!!

Chatterbox Childcare
16-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Oh no I only bought one from B&Q last Sunday and it cost me £19.00!!

Take it back..

rickysmiths
16-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Well yes I just thought that but then thought as I am planning on using one of the bedrooms as a play room / sleeping room, maybe it would be better to have one upstairs just in case. You just never know do you?!?! They were reasonably priced anyway so there's no problem there.

I've had a right spending spree the last half an hour:

2 x fire blankets
1 x Ofsted approved first aid kit
1 x car first aid kit
1 x outdoors first aid kit

Certainly proves to shop around, saved quite a bit rather than buying all from the same place :clapping:

No point in having 2 fire blankets unless you have 2 cooker hobs. They are mainly used for cooker top fires only that are VERY small.Anything else and you should leave and dial 999. You definately dont use or need one upstairs, sorry.

Buzz Lightyear
17-01-2009, 08:32 AM
No I know but Inspector seemed impressed I had one upstairs as well as downstairs so doesn't matter :laughing:

childmind04
17-01-2009, 07:26 PM
lol as long as it impresses inspectors we will do anything :laughing:

jibberjitz
20-01-2009, 12:42 PM
Its always good to get extra brownie pointss:laughing:

Liz